No photo provided
Add it.
Umi Sushi & Hibachi
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Not a terrible sushi place. It's fresh, but a little bit pricey for the portion, and could possibly be tastier.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

We come here about once a month. The food is always fresh and the rolls are delicious. The staff is so friendly. We bring all our friends and family, and everyone has loved it!

1  Thank ERits
Reviewed August 19, 2011

If I were reviewing based on 2 of my items alone, I'd have gone 4.5 stars. Generally I choose vegetarian & vegan options, and so I happened upon the very best items on the menu. I visited Umi twice, with 2 different groups of people. I found that most diners were just happy to find decent food in Toms River, but others were disappointed in the quality of ingredients. The shrimp was inedible for a person who spent time in the Florida Keys & knows what fresh shrimp is supposed to taste like.

The fried rice was barely palatable; I ate half of it because I was so hungry & then regretted it (my bad.) It was one of those dishes that just tastes like everything else on the menu- very average and greasy.
However, the Green River Roll (Seaweed, cucumber & avocado) was a delicious combination, and the Fried Banana Roll... well, what a surprisingly unique & delightful treat!

So I have a couple favorites I could go back for... but really, a good restaurant should have several great items to choose from... Umi does not. The quality just isn't there, and to be honest, I'd much rather patronize a well-rounded restaurant that cares about their food quality... in which case, I can live without the bananas.