“Kevin and Cindy's wedding reception”
Review of The Serenity Cafe

The Serenity Cafe
Ranked #8 of 312 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone number 732 270 2088
Reviewed September 22, 2013

From the servers to the food everything was just wonderful. I thank them for a most wonderful experience for our families.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Had an excellent meal last night at Serenity Cafe. This strip mall wonder serves up creative and yummy food prepared with care. The corvina with puréed beets and goat cheesecake was delicious. It seems this restaurant gets better every time we go. It is BYOB which we love. The service was great, love that they put a bottle of cold water on the table, just a little thing but better than waiting for someone to fill up your glass. It's nice that they change up the menu frequently, it shows that the chef is enthusiastic and willing to try new dishes.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Located in a slightly tacky strip mall this restaurant isn't the easiest place to find with a small sign and limited highway access. It's been several names at several locations over the past few years, but has steadily gotten better and bigger. Nice varied menu. Changes seasonally. Lots of fish. Plenty of fresh vegetables. Good desserts. BYOB. Good size portions. Everything a la carte so the bill adds up fast. Fairly good casual service. Not particularly knowledgeable but fairly attentive and quick to get answers. The owner cooks and is usually there which ccounts for its success. Casual but still has table cloths, good silverware and dinnerware. Not too noisy. Bright enough to read the menu.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Serenity Cafe offers diners unique, delicious cuisine expertly prepared. The menu features a variety of dishes that are not the usual fare. Lunches are absolutely delicious and one can choose from a variety of salads, wraps and paninis. Everything is fresh, and the presentation is enticing. For dinner, the chef prepares unique fish, chicken and beef/pork/veal dishes. I'm absolutely crazy about the calamari and the "my grilled cheese and soup" for appetizers. Very clever, very delicious. The entrees are unusual in their flavor combinations, and they never disappoint. The service was outstanding, our having two (!) waiters attending to our needs. Impressive. Evidently, other locals agree since it's really necessary to make a reservation even for a weekday evening. It's a pleasure dining there.

1  Thank NJJaneEyre
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My dad and I had reservations for their Easter brunch and we had some hesitations from just looking on the outside of the restaurant but I insisted on trying it out. Inside it was cute and cozy and we could already see some of the buffet spread. We sat down and could order omelets or waffles from the server so I picked an omelet, which really ended up being scrambled burnt eggs w the peppers and mushrooms I chose to go in it. Dad got a waffle with berries on it and it can out looking like a sponge...and tasted like the batter mix. The buffet had a bread/bagel/pastry table, carved meat (tenderloin/turkey) table and another w eggs Benedict, pasta, potatoes and French toast. All the food was mediocre at best...French toast was burnt, eggs weren't runny in the Benedict, pastries were stale, smoked salmon for bagels came from some frozen package I'm pretty sure. Just not the the quality of a $29 easter buffet and after the reviews I saw I guess I expected more. one good thing was the coffee, when the waitress actually filled it up for us. Sorry serenity, I'm not picky but this place was a flop.

2  Thank RV3_12