“Has a nice feel”

Tuscan Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscan Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 299 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean County Mall
New Jersey
“Has a nice feel”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I recently stopped in to try the Tuscan House. We both liked it. They offered a dinner special that we both had and our bill was just under $30 dollars. Not bad for a salad or soup, dinner, dessert, and a soft drink.

The restaurant has several sections that are separate, which I like. We were in a room right in front of an open kitchen which was roomy and didn't make you feel cramped. The food was pretty good and for the money you can't go wrong.

The only thing I didn't care for was the unisex restroom. Maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but I like the boys and girls bathroom setup better.

Will definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not too shabby for what it is (great for kids!)”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

It has some ups and it has some downs.

Ups - the osso bucco is REALLY good, they are pretty kid friendly (brought out daughter a piece of pizza dough to play with and kids eat free before 6pm), and the layout of the restaurant is pretty cool

Downs - the gelato is AWFUL. Their freezer seems to be in trouble. Also, their "bread" is plain gross/dry, etc. Really - they need to make that better.

Pine Beach, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No big deal”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A friend and I decided to try this place last week. We were seated immediately, although their original plan was to seat us at a booth in a very noisy bar area. Our request to be seated in a quieter area was cordially honored. The dining room is decorated nicely and typically for a casual place. Our drink orders were taken promptly and we were served bread and balsamic vinegar and oil prior to our orders being taken. We opted to split two entrees. I ordered the pappardelle bolognese. the sauce was tasty but the pasta was overcooked. My friend ordered the Chicken Parm. The chicken was dry and the pasta was cold. The manager was apologetic about the pasta and comped us a dessert. All in all if was an okay dinner. Nothing to write home about. I suppose I would try it again but only if I were in the area.

• Visited May 2013
Brick, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Ordered 3 take out items, 2 dinners & 1 sandwich- very disappointed- Full rack of ribs consisted of about 10 ribs & a container of overdone, homemade potatoe chips... 21.99!!! Salmon came with a few roasted potatoes....hardly a "good portion" of either, and overpriced for what you get....Panini was OK and worth the price. Dinners don't come with anything else- MOST all other restaurants offer at least a side salad an/or a piece of bread or soup cup- servie acceptable since they were training a new person....what you would expect.....NOTHING special to say about this place, NO VALUE...won't be back!

1 Thank Moirin_13
“New Direction”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We used to go all the time when they were leaning more towards fine dining. Recently they revamped their whole menu and changed it up to become way more casual, and we like it. What I love is that they offer TONS of gluten free options, including all of their pasta dishes. They have pizza and burgers but they also have great entrees like salmon genovese and osso bucco. We have never been disappointed with their food. Everyone who orders an entree gets a big bowl of salad family-style. They also have a family-style menu that we have never tried. All in all I would say it's sort of a place you go when youre not feeling too adventurous and just want a solid good meal.

1 Thank NursesNotes