“Food poison”

Tuscan Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscan Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 298 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean County Mall
Reviewed February 23, 2013

When we walked into the resturaunt the hostess was no where to be found. Almost ten minutes later she came to seat us. We sat down ordered our drinks and apatizer. Our drinks came out, we ordered our food. The salad came out no apatizer. The cook from the kitchen walked out with our dinner and we asked for our apatizer in which he responded you didn't order one. Five minutes later after being rushed to order out drinks and food the waitress comes out and asks if we still wanted out apatizer. The apatizer which was Rosetto rolls came out finally after we ate our dinner. The rolls were gross, the cheese tasted old, we couldn't even eat more than one bite. The waitress came back to our table after ignoring us for ten minutes because she was to busy flirting with a bus boy and manager took the food away and said ill get your check, in wich I responded I wanted choc cake for dessert. The cake came out promptly with old curled whip cream on it I couldn't eat the whip cream it tasted so sour. Finally about twenty minutes later after I was done w my dessert and the waitress came out she handed us out check . My bf had lasagna and I had chicken for dinner. Not even an hour after we arrived home he was throwing up from eating old nasty cheesy lasagna . This place was so bad I'd rather go to a diner next time. The service was slow and disrespectful the food was so gross you couldn't even finish eating it. I suggest no one to go hear unless you want food poison.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been there three times and have enjoyed my/our food each time. twice for lunch once for dinner. all three times our server has been Great.If i owned a place iwould try and poach the three servers we had.I do realize that sometimes stuff happens and your food is wrong or the server is not up to par.thats why I'll almost always give a place a second chance,unless its realy realy bad. I do enjoy eating here

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Menu has a nice variety of food, good cocktails, good music, good service and clean environment, Great for a late bite or a full dinner.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Most items on menu are good and reasonably priced but service is hit or miss, kitchen is hit or miss and mgmt is terrible.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My mother and I visited here for dinner tonight and were neutral about our experience. The ambiance was nice and the dining room was well decorated. There is a cozy outdoor room with an open fire that looks very inviting. Despite the multiple fireplaces, the restaurant was chilly. Waitstaff is friendly and attentive and the pricing is fair. However, the food is underwhelming and deserves a description as "just okay." The bread is more of a pizza crust and is served with a mix of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Salads were nice and well dressed. Entrees were a good size for the pricing but poorly executed. I ordered eggplant parm served with a side of spaghetti and marinara. The eggplant looked like nice, thick cuts but were more breadcrumbs than eggplant. I couldn't even taste the eggplant behind the thick crust. The spaghetti was overcooked and mushy and the marinara was tasteless. This is the type of food I would expect from a crappy pizzaria and needless to say I don't find it worth it to return to give it another try. I give this a rating of average because the decor was inviting and the staff was pleasant.