“Not Sure What It Is Suppose To Be”
Review of Shut Up & Eat

Shut Up & Eat
Ranked #7 of 297 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Manchester Township, New Jersey
“Not Sure What It Is Suppose To Be”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a different little place, all of the people working there are in their pajamas. The inside of the restaurant really has no theme to it, there is so much mismatched junk on the walls, it looks like a good idea gone bad. On the other hand, my wife really like it, so we split the rating, I would have given it less, she would have given it a higher mark.

But if you can get past that, you will receive ample sized food servings, good service and reasonable prices. I do like the fact that they have real corn beef and hash rather than the junk that comes out of a can.

If you are looking for a good breakfast place in Toms River, give it a try, you may just like it!

• Visited October 2012

Bayville, New Jersey
“Love it! Excellent Food & Fun”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was a tiny niche eatery that we have followed in 3 locations - even as they settled into this new larger location, they haven't lost the appeal that makes them special.

Food is ample and always hot and fresh - we usually go for breakfast, and if anything there is too much food - when I have asked for smaller portions they have always obliged with no complaint.

Fun, Friendly, and always FAST - unless you tell them you're not in a hurry. we love it!

Visited August 2012
Toms River, New Jersey
“Good Breakfast...lots of nostalgia”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I went for breakfast this morning because I have heard a lot about it. The servers wear pajamas and the place is filled with antiques...toys, gadgets, furniture. Nothing matched, like the chairs, silverware, counter stools, plates, etc. It was fun to look around at the stuff on the walls and talk about when we owned them. The food order took a while to get, but it was very tasty. The home fries are delicious. It cost $15 for 2 people which is a little pricey, but it was good. I would go back. I hear you get a 14% discount if you wear your pajamas.

• Visited August 2012
NY
“OMG”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This place is a joke. I think the owner/woman needs to be less involved with the minor happenings of the place and let her people try and run it. She is loud, rude and a serious problem. Food not too bad, actually good. But do I want to tolerate her and her attitude ever again, no. My money is good anywhere.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Nottano
Toms River, New Jersey
“Great Breakfast, cookie servers, not the cleanest place in the world and the service was a little slow.”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I liked the food and the things to look at were interesting.

Visited January 2012