“Great authentic Colombian food”
Review of El Familiar

El Familiar
Ranked #20 of 298 Restaurants in Toms River
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I've been looking for a great Colombian restaurant outside of north jersey. El familiar has great food authentic drinks from Colombia and a friendly staff that provides great service. I suggest the bandeja Paisa as a good meal to get a taste of Colombian food.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

When in TR, we make a point of eating at El Familiar. We always have an excellent meal. You start with great chips. Definitely order the guacamole. The tacos (we love the chicken mole) are delicious. The food is authentic, the service super friendly, the prices can't be beat.

1  Thank Adamommy
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I are really fun of this amazing place. I'm really picky when somebody invite me to eat Mexican food, but let me tell you the food here is real Mexican/Colombian, They have always fresh food, fresh mean not frozen, you can taste it, it's yummy. We tried the steak tacos, great, some plantains, guacamole with chips, who can say no to the chips right?, pork tinga tostada, always yummy fresh pork mixed with tomatoes, onion and chipotle, not hot at all, nice flavor, on the top lettuce and sour cream, overall all the lunch/dinner it's always

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This restaurant is mine and my boyfriend's go to restaurant when we're in the mood for real authentic Mexican food. The portions are large, the food is flavorful, and the servers are always very nice. You can bring your own wine/beer and the homemade salsa is top notch! It's a hidden gem in a strip mall off on Route 9 in Toms River. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Wonderful chips for the salsa, great guacamole, passable Mexican food, and simply awful Colombian deep fried everything. We tried a Mexican Combo meal and a Colombian Combo meal. The deep fried bacon included the outer skin so it was somewhat like southern cracklings. The place was clean and the staff helpful and knowledgeable. We observed other patrons who seemed to be enjoying their food.

1  Thank Robert H