Rodeway Inn Toms River
$123
ClarionHotels
Comfort Inn Toms River(Toms River)(Great Value!)
$134
$125
$229
Priceline
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

The most disgusting motel I've ever seen. The rooms were so tiny with filthy rugs. So many people smoked inside we left smelling Terrible. It's all Wefare living in it and it seemed like many were on drugs or selling it. The cops had raided it when I was there scaring the life out of my liitle girl searching rooms with dogs. They made arrests for prostitution a Meth Lab people fighting .I couldn't believe my eyes. The bed was so
gross yellow pillows.. Bed folded in half almost. Honestly I feel it should be shut down by Board of Heath. Please do yourself a favor and save money. Oh and the Manager and his Wife are nasty and disrespectful to customers. Cursing if u ask for towels or toilet paper. Stay Away!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank JerzyDee
Reviewed June 18, 2012

It was terrible. Choice booked my reservation I paid in advance could not get my money back had no choice but to stay. I found a used condom in my first room the second room was not any better but no condom plenty of webs though and the bathroom needed to be cleaner and definately not smoke free. I will never use choice again because i was also overcharged and they did not even have the continental breakfast as promised. Not saying I would eat it after what i experienced.

Room Tip: They have none after finding a condom they gave me another room and it had webs and was not very clean.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The big problem with this place is the rooms are tiny.There was not enough floor space to open our suitcases. Some countries have postage stamps bigger than this room.Although it is a resort/holiday town, this hotel does not warrant what they charge for the room. The free breakfast was non-existent when we checked out at 9:30am.Put your money to better use and go somewhere else. The one good thing is that the room itself looked clean.

Room Tip: the good rooms are at another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank banga1
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Had a reservation for Memorial Day Weekend made in January. 2 Days before check-in they cancelled my reservation and then had the nerve to try to sell me the room back for $200 per night. Choice Hotels corporate was absolutely no help. Stay away from any place ran by Choice, but especially this place. As soon as you have a problem the only thing the person answering the phone has to say is I the new guy you call my manager. The absolute worst company I have ever dealt with.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reney D
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Wanted a basic, clean hotel near Seaside Heights, NJ. Would rather have stayed right in Seaside Heights, but motels were either more than I wanted to spend and/ or had a three-night minimum stay on weekends. Tried for the nearby HoJo but was browsing other hotels and when I checked back an hour later, they had no rooms left! Rodeway was definitely not my first choice.

Overall, the review below by phi11yphan is very accurate and described the room and staff to a T! The only comments I would add are that our pillowcases did not look fresh. They were quite wrinkled...and not the type of wrinkled that comes from the dryer! They actually looked used. I ended up wrapping my beach towel (which was clean!) around my pillow.

I believe the hotel was supposed to offer a free continental breakfast, but it was not mentioned at all. The "breakfast bar" was actually a small counter in the lobby...and the lobby was as small as the rooms! We did not even bother to ask about it. I did notice a coffee machine and an ice-maker on the counter (never saw one of those before...it apparently made ice in seven minutes!). They had an outdoor pool which looked clean from a distance (we did not use it).

Would I stay here again? Probably yes, if the circumstances were the same...a one-night stay just to be near the beach without spending a bundle.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family