“Late lunch”

Ranked #46 of 339 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Great Food - Great Service! Welcome, Via Roma Pizza and Italian Restaurant offers traditional Old World Italian dishes as well as many new innovative creations. In addition to our traditional menu, we offer a wide variety of gluten free and vegan dishes and desserts; all at reasonable prices. Savor Via Roma's traditional Italian dishes. Our comfortable dining room is perfect for lunch and dinner with family and friends. Via Roma Pizza and Italian Restaurant is loacated in the intersection of Route 9 and Route 70 in The Tri-City Plaza; near Stop & Shop. Remember to stop by your favorite wine shop before you come. BYOB/W and join us for dinner!
Reviewed May 8, 2019

My husband, daughter and I went for an late lunch. My daughter and I ordered Gluten Free food since they specialize in a certified gluten free menu.
The food was just ok. The sauce was nothing to brag about and the macs I had was very soggy. This is not the first time we have eaten there and each time it's a hit & miss on our food. MY daughters was fine. My husband & I were not impressed. Plus the food takes very long to be served no matter what you order.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 1, 2019

A cozy BYOB in a strip mall on Rt. 9. Has a large menu selection and the prices are very reasonable. Menu has quite a few options.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

Let me start off by saying it is so hard to find a full gluten free menu with actual pages. There is usually a piece of paper. Not at Via Roma there’s an actual menu. I have celiac disease and I don’t order gf food as a fad diet. It’s so crucial that it’s not cross contaminated. At Via Roma fellow celiac folk can dine and not worry. I enjoyed the fried calamari, mozzeralla sticks and chicken francaise all of course gluten free. Tell me what Italian place you know sells gf mozzeralla sticks. The chicken francaise tasted just like my moms homemade. Even though service can be slow it is honestly worth the wait. I don’t mind waiting for delicious food at all. I’ve been going there for years and will not stop!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

A two is being generous. The service was painfully slow and the place was boiling hot. When our server finally showed up and the place was not busy we ordered our drinks with a large pizza and two meatball sandwiches. The pizza came out in the normal time it should take but the two sandwiches were no where to be found. It took and additional 25 minutes for the two sandwiches. Slice the bread, put the balls on the bread w some sauce and bring it out. Not hard. The pizza was weak. I never thought I would say this but we get better pizza in Florida. The meatballs were bland and there was next to no sauce on it. We had to ask for more and we got a very small little plastic condiment cup w sauce. Seriously? This is a definite no on returning.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Ordered our food for take out and told it would be a 40 minute wait. Well that turned into an hour wait! And the food was definitely not worth the wait. The meatball parm sucked as did the pizza! Don’t waste your money here. I won’t be back!

Date of visit: June 2018