“Inconsiderate guests, but otherwise just fine!”

Comfort Inn Toms River
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Inconsiderate guests, but otherwise just fine!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I just can't believe some of the people that stay in motels! 2 doors down from mine, a family moved in- obviously on vacay.... obnoxious, loud, crazy kids running up & down the hallways, knocking on all the doors! No control.... but the motel was fine. Clean rooms, ac worked great, mini frig, coffee & after noon fresh baked cookies. B'fast buffet was good- plenty of variety, welll stocked.... Staff was well informed & anxious to please. I thought it was expensive (weekend rates were about 50% higher than weekdays), but it IS a tourist area - and all the motels do it.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor, away from ice machines & elevators, and not facing the road (traffic is...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank lafff
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for writing and expressing your feelings.
Unfortunately there are some guests whose manners are lacking and cause confusion .
We appreciate the positive reviews and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Carmel, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2014

A quick hop over the bridge into Seaside, this location was perfect. We stayed here one night (5/31-6/1) and had no issues. Rooms was decent size (two Queen beds) and AC worked great. Pretty quiet and they were able to accommodate an early check in (plus in my book).
They had a cute outdoor patio area with a swing bench, tables, gazebo, etc. Pool was small but clean.
They do accept AAA as well, so be sure to ask when booking. I'm sure peak season it gets incredibly busy, but we had zero issues getting a room Friday night for our Saturday-Sunday stay. If I was ever to be in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this location. They also have a complimentary breakfast until 10am, but I opted to go to Ob-Co's Donuts instead, because really, who doesn't enjoy fresh, delicious donuts on a Sunday?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle P
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
thank you very much for writing such a glowing and detailed review. One such as yours is so satisfying and provides all my staff with the encouragement to go one step further.
We all hope to see you again soon.
Wirtz, Virginia
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The service here by the front desk was outstanding. I had some complicated reservations (multiple rooms/handicap rooms/different number of people/different nights/different credit cards). Kiersten was terrific in getting it all straight and getting us the best rate possible. Then I had to change it. No problem. She was not at all flustered or aggravated by the change.

One night as my sister checked in late with my very tired elderly parents, the person at the front desk (don't have the name, sorry!) gave her the key to get them into the room as quickly as possible and then did the check in paperwork afterward. Very kind.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet had some diversity in offerings. Basically what I would expect from a good mid-priced hotel. Did not get a chance to check out the exercise room or pool, but they looked to be in good condition.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Katherine R
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you so very much for visiting our hotel and writing such a kind review.
We appreciate your wonderful comments and hope to see you again soon.
My staff and I work very hard to make everyone's stay a pleasant one.
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is the best, family friendly, budget hotel in the area. It is a new property so everything is still new and not worn down. This property has a pool which is very popular when families with children visit. The breakfast room is bright and cheery. Staff is helpful. Parking is ample. There are restaurants close by but not a safe walking distance. You do not hear the highway noise. I did not hear much guest noise.

When in the area this is my go to hotel.

If you find this review helpful, I would appreciate a helpful vote. Thanks.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary K
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I wasn't all that impressed. Clean comfortable. Not a great value. Not a great location. Just average. Wish staff or hotel made more of an impression but didn't. Lots of other choices in the area........

Room Tip: No choices here. 1st floor or second?
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RobertB560
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
So sorry that you were disappointed with our hotel. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about improving the size.
Again, so sorry
Rhinebeck, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2014

It would be this one. I'm not a hotel person I actually hate hotels but I had no choice. After hours of searching New Jerseys seaside hotel reviews I was horrified and finally found one with good reviews. Comfort Inn Toms River NJ. We arrived a little too late to enjoy the pool but the room was unbelievably clean and although I wouldn't the bathtubs like like I could bath in them.
CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST;
was by far the best free breakfast I've ever seen in any hotel/motel/inn. Eggs bacon cereal, waffles, french toast, muffins, bagels, donuts, yogurt, hard boiled egg s, the list goes on.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank cassiemrv
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for responding with such positive reviews. This makes all of us feel that all our efforts are appreciated. Hope to see you again soon.
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stay at this hotel this weekend. I have to say Stephanie and Ashley were the 2 nicest girls I have ever had the experience checking in with. Not only were they friendly,efficient,outgoing humorous and tremendously sweet they were really great at their job. Anything I needed they were there to help. Now on the other hand the older lady that worked Sunday afternoon shift seemed a little out of sorts. She was not nearly as friendly as sweet Ashley and Stephanie. We were coming back from dinner and she didn't greet people as they were coming in and out of the hotel lobby. I think her manager needs to retrain in the "hospitality" aspect of the job. Other than our stay was quite pleasurable.

• Stayed March 2014
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for writing such an informative review. However I have 1 request, Could you kindly call me so I can speak to you concerning the last part of your comment. I am confused and would like to confirm something with you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Seaside Best Rentals
Seaside Best Rentals
#1 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Comfort Inn Toms River? Share your experiences!