“Worst Hotel and Service Ever !!!”

Comfort Inn Toms River
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Florida
“Worst Hotel and Service Ever !!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

If I could rate this any lower I would. A/C did not work, window did not open, around 3:30 I called for the second time and beg to see if they had a fan, they send one and the girl explained to me how to work the A/C which by the way it only works with a remote control. she wanted to go into the room but my boyfriend was sleeping. She did show me and I am not a stupid person that does not understand things. I went back to the room and tried just like she said and still no A/C. Spend all night really warm and uncomfortable. there was also a desk light that did not turn on light bulb gone out and the toilet did not flush properly. In the morning I call to speak to the manager Patricia and was told she does not work on Sundays. I called Complain Dept at Comfort inn they took down the complain and told me that the manager would call me. I had to contact her and when I spoke to her she told me everything in the room was working and that I should of gotten inside the drawer the instructions on how to operate the A/C ! That she needs Sunday because that is her only day she can have off. and that the girl took a chance coming to the room because there are a lot of people that could of attacked her. I told her that I never stayed at a hotel where I had to go to a drawer to read the instructions for an A/C unit. and I did know how to use it but it was not working. She told me No that it was working because everything at her hotel works. I told her what can you do for me. she said she and give me $10.00 !! I called Corporate they said since this is a franchise they can't do anything about it.. They called back Patricia and she offered now a whopping $20.00 ! I have never seen this type of Customer Service from a Hotel and a Corporate office. My boyfriend now called on 10/30/13 at 12:45pm to speak to her but Patricia was gone for the day, seems like she also needs Wednesdays off. So if you want to pay $110.00 to sleep in a very hot room, be insulted because THERE A/C NEVER BREAKS it is YOU the guest that does not know how to turn it on well this is the place to be. For me I will never stay at another Comfort Inn again..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank vivienne r
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are so sorry that you felt so upset to respond in the manner that you did. We here strive to make everything right during and after your stay. Unfortunately, you checked in extremely late on a sold out night and we were not able to accommodate you with another room.
The issues of which you spoke could have been resolved right there on the spot but you chose not to let us enter the room.
I answer with honesty and expect the same from others. There is no issue that must be answered right on the spot by a manager when fdc's can resolve them to the best of their ability.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Arrived without reservation, front desk was extremely pleasant and helpful.
The room was quiet and clean and the bed was super comfortable.
We did not take advantage of the pool or the breakfast, but both were easily accessible. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrissyP630
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Chrisy,
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond so favorably. We here at the Comfort Inn work as a team to try and make your stay as pleasant as posible. We hope to se you again soon.
Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights last week to visit family. GREAT STAY. Quiet. Clean. Great breakfast. Home made cookies about five pm. Never heard a bit of noise. Loads of parking. Breakfast area spotless. Free newspaper. Free wifi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John J
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for responding so favorably. My staff and I appreciate all comments and strive to make everyone's stay a fantastic one. We pride ourselves on cleanliness, friendliness and the best fresh baked cookies every day. Hope to see you again soon
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The king room was spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable. The breakfast was also nice. The front desk staff was very nice. wish I had had time to enjoy the courtyard and swing

Did think the highway noise was a little loud at night.

Room Tip: choose a room near the back so you don't hear road noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for positive response on Trip Advisor. We work very hard here to make your stay as comfortable as possible and take pride as a team to keep our hotel as perfect as possible.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Respectfully,
Patricia Brecka
Manager
Westbury, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2013

After returning to our room at this Comfort Inn in Toms River,2215 Rt 37 EAST, I processed to turn down the bed. Only to find some BLACK objects & black smudges on the sheets !! I called the front desk for 1/2 hour. It was busy busy busy ! I took the black pieces and put them on a piece of paper. In the morning I talked to the front desk woman with the black things in tow ! She proceeded to tell me it was from the AC unit blowing on to the sheets !!. I wasn't born yesterday . If it indeed was dirt from the AC in between the sheets WHY DIDN'T THE ROOM ATTENDANT CHANGE THE SHEETS !! Also WHY AREN'T THE AC FILTERS CHANGED !! The manager was not in the Hotel at the time & I wasn't compensated .I was told to call Patricia Brecka in the morning (Monday). When I did call I was told she was on the other line to leave a messege. I did that indeed & it's 2 days later & still no response ! I will not recommend This Comfort Inn because of the lack of concern for it's guests Comfort ! Also the lack of cleaniness !!

Room Tip: WE STAYED IN ROOM 308, THE SMELL OF CIGARETTE SMOKE WAS HEAVY IN THE HALLWAY.. There was dirt under...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank deborah k
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Ms.Katsaros,
I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We here at the Comfort Inn Toms River strive for perfection.
I will not make any excuses for not responding to you other than I was not at the hotel......I had some personal time off.If you wish to reach me again, I will respond except on my days off.
Respectfully,
Patricia Brecka
Manager
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The staff was so kind , pleasant and helpful ! The female manager was wonderful she made our stay one of the best experiences we have ever had. She took such pride in the hotel she is an asset to your company. We would most definitely stat at this Comfort Inn again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent service friendly,knowledgeable and at your sevice place slept and stayed very comfortably for a week here, clean hotel,rooms clean,breakfast excellent. Lots to do in area 2 mins from beaches 10 mins from shopping and restaurants

• Stayed August 2013
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Seaside Best Rentals
Seaside Best Rentals
#1 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Comfort Inn Toms River? Share your experiences!