“Still good”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoy good Indian cuisine, and we try to make it to Aamantran as often as we can.
I have reviewed this place previously, but that was about two years ago. We like good Indian food, and Aamantran still serves first rate dishes.
What concerned us was that the number of diners seemed quite small for a Friday evening. In an area that is not known for fine dining, we cannot afford to lose a restaurant of this quality. I hope it was just and off night and that business is generally good enough to assure that they stay in business.
The menu offers splendid variety, and the dishes we ordered were nicely prepared. They have added black pepper ice cream, which is a real treat. We will certainly return to Aamantron frequently.

2  Thank mountainclimber10

Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you like spicy, and you can choose different grades of spicy, great taste, friendly waiters, relaxing atmosphere. BYOB.

2  Thank AuntDiDi
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Great original food. Fantastic taste.
Don't come in a hurry. The only thing I did not like is how slow the service is.
They are friendly but take their time.
If you have no rush it's great for friends family or business.

1  Thank Jaime U
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been going to Aamantran for about 7 years and it is always spot on and delicious. We've gotten to know Harry, Lee, and Anita very well over the years and no matter how busy they are, they always make us feel like part of the family. Ok, on to the food. My favorites include the chicken korma, lamb vinderloo, and the rasam. I like my Indian food hotter the most chile heads can stand and they always strive to to make me cry. I appreciate that. My wife loves the lobster in korma sauce and the vegetable korma. Not sure why there are some mixed reviews. Nothing but awesome experiences from this reviewer.

1  Thank TheGreek48
Reviewed June 13, 2013

There is a good selection for trying different foods and every week is not the same. Good service ans willing to answer all questions regarding food. Able to take your time and sample any and all dishes on Thursday Nights.

1  Thank chriscccc46874