“Loved the place!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Ulster Park, New York
“Loved the place!”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Great place to stay while visiting the Jersey Shore points...was clean and comfortable and the kitchen came in very handy helped to save some money eating out wise... only 10 minutes to shore points

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
NY
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We have stayed here with friends at least 4 times! It's a great spot with lots of food & a huge mall near by. Everything from chain restaurants to a great pizza shop just a block away, grocery & liquor stores a block away & RIGHT OFF the highway!

The hotel is located about 15 minutes from the beaches & the staff is VERY friendly!
They have a great free breakfast there & the rooms are quite large!

When the price is right we always pick this as our hotel for the northern jersey beach vacations!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel a few times and choose this hotel when I cannot stay on Fort Monmouth. The hotel is excellently located close to the base, the parkway, and the mall. I appreciate the free breakfast, food at night Monday-Wednesday, and ample free parking. The internet was quirky and expensive, but did work. The staff was friendly and the rooms were spacious and quiet. I will definately continue to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank JoVo19
Herndon
Reviewed June 24, 2009

This establishment pulled a bait and switch scheme, and charged me for a stay that never happened. In defense with my credit card dispute, they send a receipt with a falsified check-out time. Manager, Mr. Larry Benus, is responsible for this action.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank rb2003s2k

Travelers are raving about these Tinton Falls hotels

New York City
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Great location. Right off the parkway! Tucked away though from the highway so very quiet. Great breakfast! Great service. Rooms are huge for the price.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
Reviewed November 18, 2008

My family and I stayed at the Residence Inn at Tinton Falls, NJ for 2 nights in August 2007.

My husband and I tried the pool and hot spa. The pool was too cold so we enjoyed the hot spa instead. There was a noticeably strong chlorine smell coming from the spa, but we ignored it. Coming back to our room to change I immediately noticed that the area that the blue swimsuit was immersed was faded. It also reeked of a heavy chlorine smell. My husband went down with the swimsuit to the front desk to complain and we were told to talk with the general manager in the morning.

In talking with the manager directly, he said he would research it and get back to me. The manager seemed nice, interested and helpful. He mentioned that there is an insurance form that I could fill out if there is a problem. Later that night, there was a message on our hotel phone from the manager. He said, "I did some research. The chemicals we use in there usually does not fade stuff like that at the power that we have it to. Not sure what it might be."

I figured the manager was not going to help me and is not showing any responsibility for my damaged swimsuit, so I will contact the Marriott directly. I contacted Marriott and they said there was nothing they can do because they require that the hotel where a service issue occurred be given the responsibility for the resolution of that issue. So, if the manager says the jacuzzi was being operated according to specification, they support that decision.

The following day, my daughters tried the hot spa. They said it wasn't very warm. Wondering, did they change the water after I complained? Hmmmm... Other than the hot spa, our stay at the Residence Inn in Tinton Falls was very nice.

• Liked — Kitchen
  • Disliked — hot spa
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank cinnmngrl
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I am sitting at the desk in a studio suite here at the hotel. Interestingly enough, the pictures on the hotel website accurately reflect the room. The folks at the desk were very efficient and check in took very little time. The room is very clean and meets all of our needs. Ample storage so that you do not have to look at the empty suitcases and clothes can be put away in any of the three closets in the room. The bed was very comfortable with linens that were a step above the old hotel florals.

Unlike many residence type hotels at which I have stayed, this one had a kitchen that was fully equipped. All of the peices were there including cutlery and flatware.

I enjoyed the casual dinner of salad and hamburgers and hot dogs. This was minimalist fare but it meant I could have dinner and not leave the facility. This is included in the room rate Monday through Wednesday. For those of you used to the new huge bathrooms, this one may be a shocker, but in reality it is a pretty normal size for many families.

The only improvement that I would suggest is that it is time for new televisions. The one in this room was showing signs of being in the throes of death. They are too cheap now to have bad ones.

• Liked — The cleanliness and attention to detail
  • Disliked — the older television
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Likestotravelcheaply
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown

Been to Residence Inn Tinton Falls? Share your experiences!