“Nice little respite”

Residence Inn Tinton Falls
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I am sitting at the desk in a studio suite here at the hotel. Interestingly enough, the pictures on the hotel website accurately reflect the room. The folks at the desk were very efficient and check in took very little time. The room is very clean and meets all of our needs. Ample storage so that you do not have to look at the empty suitcases and clothes can be put away in any of the three closets in the room. The bed was very comfortable with linens that were a step above the old hotel florals.

Unlike many residence type hotels at which I have stayed, this one had a kitchen that was fully equipped. All of the peices were there including cutlery and flatware.

I enjoyed the casual dinner of salad and hamburgers and hot dogs. This was minimalist fare but it meant I could have dinner and not leave the facility. This is included in the room rate Monday through Wednesday. For those of you used to the new huge bathrooms, this one may be a shocker, but in reality it is a pretty normal size for many families.

The only improvement that I would suggest is that it is time for new televisions. The one in this room was showing signs of being in the throes of death. They are too cheap now to have bad ones.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Likestotravelcheaply

Reviewed July 28, 2008

I travel extensively for business, I had a long term stay at this hotel. The rooms were dirty, linens were questionable, and the staff was beyond rude.
They charged my credit card instead of the company card causing my account to go into overdraft, I'm still waiting for the overdraft charge to be refunded, all this without an apology....

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Businesstraveler23
Reviewed June 30, 2008

While for the most part I found the reviews posted here to be accurate, we did encounter a few problems. The breakfast was very good and the staff was pleasant, but we found the front desk staff to be a bit abrupt. Our room was clean, but I was a bit concerned about the cleanliness of the linens we used on the pull-out sofa. They appeared to be jammed in the plastic, zippered bag and left one wondering whether they had been laundered or not. While I didn't sense they had been used, we did go ahead and use them, but I did have to wonder why the sheets weren't stored in a tidier fashion. The pull-out sofa was a bit worn.

Also, we used the pool and the staff did not keep the poolside towels stocked. We used the pool as soon as it opened on one of the days and for the hour or so we stayed at the pool, no one came to bring any towels for the day.

The area with the toilet and shower, as another reviewer posted, was very, very tiny and difficult to dress in the small room. We were traveling with three teen-agers, so this was an often-heard complaint.

The kitchen was very functional and we actually ate dinner in our room during our stay. It was convenient having the full-size refrigerator for food storage.

There was a little league team staying and we actually enjoyed their company. The kids played with our youngest on the small-scale tennis court and it was a nice environment for our older kids to spread out and have space from one another.

We asked to delay check-out by one hour and they were able to honor our request. We did appreciate this courtesy.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I have stayed at Residence Inns before and always had a good experience. This particular one has fallen from the usual standard that I have come to expect.

Pros: staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean. Bed was comfortable. It had a full kitchen.

Cons: The room was a lot smaller than other Residence Inns I have stayed in. The wall next to the shower had obvious water damage because the shower head had to positioned in a certain way that it wouldn't splash out. The bathroom fan was loud. The toilet had issues flushing.

If they fixed these problems, it would be a fine place to stay.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank Hello_Kitty_00
Reviewed October 24, 2007

This is the first time that I have written a hotel review and the reason why I feel compelled to doing so is because of the superlative service that I experienced during my stay. I arrived early in the morning on Friday and decided to phone the hotel in an effort to see if I could check in early. The front desk operator notified me that the hotel’s capacity was not full and that my request could be accommodated. During check-in, the hotel staff went ahead and upgraded my room to a more spacious suite. The suite’s beds, pillows, living space, and free Wi-Fi were all nice touches. As for location, the hotel is located within close proximity to eateries, main highways, etc. The only noticeable complaint involves the noise heard from upstairs foot traffic. That said, make sure to try to book an upstairs room so that room noise can be kept to a minimum. As for the free breakfast, the food selection was good and the breakfast preparers were extremely nice and attentive.
In the end, I would most definitely recommend Residence Inn by Marriott Tinton Falls to prospective travelers that are looking for a comfortable place to stay at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gambari
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Spent three nights here en route from Washington to New York. We wanted a bit of peace and quiet between cities - and got it!

Having never stayed at one of these before, we didn't really know what to expect. What we got was one very large room with double bed, lounge area, and well equipped kitchen. The bathroom was also fine. There was also a very cheap laundry, with three washers and four dryers.

We expected to be self-catering - but breakfast was available every morning, and during the week the hotel lays on food in the evening (although get there early!). All this was included in the price. There is also a diner round the corner, where we ate on the first night (arriving early evening on a Sunday).

There seemed to be a lot of families staying - yet most of the time, the pool was surprisingly quiet.

The coast is very accessible from here - we had a car, so can't comment on what this would be like by public transport (I suspect, quite difficult). The best place we found was Long Branch, which fortunately was the nearest of the resorts (about 15 minutes' drive).

The hotel seems to have sorted its insect policy, as unlike the previous reviewer we had no trouble with a bee!!

Overall, not the cheapest hotel we stayed with, but worth another visirt.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I booked rooms at this hotel for myself and my mother. I grew up 2 miles from this hotel, in the 60s, and have stayed here and at other nearby hotels in Tinton Falls / Eatontown over the years. I've also stayed at other Residence Inns. There were just too many problems with this property. The worst thing was in the 2-level Penthouse Suite. At the top of the stairs near the bed is a light behind a grate in the wall, kind of like a night light but there was no obvious way to turn it off. The front desk told me there was no way to turn it off, it was scheduled to go off around 11:30 or midnight. What's this, lights out time in a hotel? More like a prison. I ended up taping the broiler tray over the grate with packaging tape, to make it dark enough to sleep. In the morning, in daylight, the light was still on. The next worst thing was the "business center." Though advertising a laser printer, photocopier, and fax, and boasting a station where e-mail can be read, there was no computer there (I was unable to print out a PDF boarding pass which i had on a flash memory stick). I was told at 10 pm that I'd have to go over 2 miles to an office store to be able to print my document. My laptop would not get a good internet signal in the suite. Also, an obviously dirty tumbler was on the shelf with the other glassware (was the other, apparently clean glassware really clean, or just rinsed well then taken out of a dishwasher that wasn't run??) My mother encountered a live bee in her room (to the hotel's credit, staff came quickly and killed the bee). For an upscale Marriott property, this place left much to be desired. **Readers should also be aware of a new municipal ordinance in Tinton Falls requiring innkeepers to obtain photo identification from all room guests, not only the financially responsible party, and requires innkeepers to retain identifying information for 6 months.**

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank An0nym0us
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown

Been to Residence Inn Tinton Falls? Share your experiences!