“won't be back”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Glen Rock, New Jersey
“won't be back”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

stayed here july 4th weekend and had 2 rooms..nonsmoking. The 2 rooms were placed next to each other as requested but the kids room (114) had strong smell of smoke. Front desk gentleman was nice but all he could do was offer a second room down a different hallway ...which is not what we wanted( to have our kids not close to us). He did offer someone to spray the room but that never occurred. The smell was quite strong and there is no excuse for housekeeping to have missed this--the person in that room previously should have been fined (and hopefully was)and that discount applied to us. Later that night as my son opened the sofa bed there were crumbs all over the mattress and floor underneath sofa itself when exposed (with bed out )was filthy. Will not be back for this reason alone... should have been offered some sort of discount and was not...these 2 rooms with tax were more than 450$. The walls are paper thin and you hear everything in the hallway.A/C was fine.
the hotel itself is pleasant ..rooms though verrrrry small (prices should reflect this... i understand this was a previous non marriott hotel but that is not my problem and prices are too high. I am a frequent traveler and have never had a smaller room.) As an FYI, the room could certainly never hold comfortably more than 3 in a room--would keep this in mind for a family of four. Coffee included was putrid..they obviously want you to buy the starbucks in lobby.
Didn't realize courtyards dont don't include breakfast as "the new standard" but this won't last given the price. The standard for this type of branded hotel is to have breakfast included and at least coffee in the lobby that is complementary. The breakfast to buy for most part is not cheap --breakfast sandwiches up to 9.95 or so for heated up prefab food. It is a ripoff not matter the price.
the pool itself is nice..not sure why it doesn't open till 900---too late an opening for people checking out by 11a. People smoking by the pool don't help the situation.
Wifi was fine... tv not hd and picture quality not great and screen small .Bathroom fair /average .Lobby area pleasant and staff in general pleasant.
In a nutshell will not be back here specifically----way too many other choices in this area

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank nydoc
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and would like the opportunity to discuss them with you further to rectify the situation.

As you stated, our hotel is not a typical Courtyard, so our rooms are slightly smaller in size to other hotels. As such, we advise our guests that a King room can accommodate a maximum of 3 guests and a room with 2 Queen beds can accomodate a total of four.

Courtyard Marriotts now have the Bistro restaurant which allows us to offer our guests a variety of choices including breakfast, dinner, Starbucks coffee and a full bar. Our breakfast menu includes offerings such as French toast, egg platters, and breakfast sandwiches, all of which are cooked fresh on premises.

We are also proud to offer our guests over 40 in-room channel options, with many HD options including Food Network HD, HBO HD, and ESPN HD.

As I said, we would love the opportunity to further address your concerns to resolve and correct the issues you experienced with your room. Your feedback and comments allow us to further train our staff and prevent these issues from arising in the future. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to speaking with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York, NY
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Been a loyal Marriott Guest since the early 1980's and this is the 1st time I have encountered this in any of the Marriott Branded Properties (although I must admit I primarily stay in Full Service and JW Properties). Went to sleep and set the Air Conditioning unit on 68. In the middle of the night I woke up in a deep sweat. Got up and noticed the HVAC unit has a "Motion Detector" on it. The unit shuts itself off if does not detect and motion in the Room!! Wow! I guess they expect their guests to constantly move all night and not get a comfortable sleep !! I know this property was not constructed by Marriott but the Corporate Folks in Bethesda Md should be aware of this issue as it has a negative impact on the Marriott Brand. I would not suggest you stay here unless the temperature is comfortable outside. There is an alternative Courtyard in Red Bank or a Residence inn in Neptune you should consider

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank njnetsfan
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback concerning the air conditioning unit. The units are energy efficient as Marriott strives to be environmentally responsible and will allow the temperature to vary 2 to 3 degrees from the set point. I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you and hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Tinton Falls hotels

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

It took 3 calls to the front desk because they allowed over 20 guests to be loud at the pool below our window until 12:45AM. No hotel allows guests at pools until 12;45am.
Finally after 3 calls and telling them I was calling the police, they finally sent an associate outside - the front desks excuse was they couldn't see what was going on because of the door - poor management & lack of respect to guests - I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank elisasciallo
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I apologize for the noise you experienced during your recent stay with us. We are committed to ensuring all our guests have a relaxing stay. We appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with the associates.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stay at several Marriott hotels across the country and travel often for work. This was my worst experience. I checked in and was given the handicap room, room 106, right outside the lobby on the first floor. I know this is an unwritten hotel rule but it is not typical hotel behavior to give a single woman a room on the first floor. I walked into the rule and there was a man staring back at me from outside the window. He was smoking a cigarette and staring at me. He didn't move. He lit another cigarette and stared as I began to unpack. I closed the blinds and I immediately went to the front desk and asked to be moved. There were 3 workers standing around and one girl went outside and confirmed that a man that had checked into the hotel previously was standing outside room 106. The other workers said the hotel was booked solid and they couldn't move me to another room. I explained I was incredibly uncomfortable and insisted that I be moved. Finally they moved me to the 2nd floor.

The next morning at the café bistro I ordered a veggie omelet and a coffee. My coworker called me and asked me to pick him up a coffee. I went back up to the counter and ordered a coffee and asked for a coffee stopper so I could travel with it. I also asked for a travel carrier so I could hold the 2 coffees and my luggage. I guess that was too much work for the worker because she turned to her coworker and muttered, "this bleeping lady."

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank BPaxton
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I sincerely apologize for the unacceptable behavior displayed by one of our associates. I can assure you this is not a common theme as we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to all our guests. I have shared your comments with the staff and appreciate your candid comments.
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We usually stay here when we are visiting our daughter and family. They have recently refurbished all the rooms with new carpeting and furniture. We find it convenient and comfortable with a friendly staff. Now with the updates it looks and feels new. We especially appreciate the proximity to the Garden State Parkway.

Room Tip: We always ask for the top floor to eliminate the possibility of noise from above.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CTLYankee
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

As other reviews have commented, Room pretty tight (1 queen). Uncomfortable love see that gas single pullout...and that thing was impossible to sleep on. However, very quiet setting as secluded but Applebee's adjacent to property. But take 5-10 minute drive and you can eat at some great restaurants. Mall with Macy's, B&N, etc. Only about 5 minutes away as is Walgreens. So convenient. Smelled musty in lobby area but the 3rd floor had no smells :) They advertise Starbucks products but it's VERY limited. They don't carry Pikes Place. Instead they combine the light and dark brews. there is out door pool that folks were using, but I'd probably try to find another hotel for the money because several in area if you have few minutes. Otherwise, thus one isn't bad for location to Parkway entrance.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank XelaChivo
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We want to thank you for stayting at the Courtyard by Marriott Tinton Falls. You stated in your review that you had a room that has a single queen bed. Although there is a couch in this room the dimensions of the room do not allow this to be a sleeper sofa bed which makes the room a single queen bed room. Since we were not built a Courtyard our rooms our smalled than your typical Courtyard. We are a We Proudly Brew Starbucks outlet, so therefore we do not carry Pike/s Peak we carry Verona.
shrewsbury pa
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed at this hotel may 1st when visiting family . The room was comforable, but it was missing the sofa bed which was to be in the room when we booked it . It Met all the marriott standards and appeared to be freshly renovated with very nice decor and colors . Courtyards no longer have a free breakfast instead they have a bistro and a bar. The food prices were high which kept us from eating there . It must have kept others away as well since when we checked in and the morning we left the bistro was also empty. We got a good rate but anything higher I would go to the holiday Inn express up the street and get the free breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jlmk
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank for staying with us during your trip to Tinton Falls. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward too you staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
Residence Inn Tinton Falls
Residence Inn Tinton Falls
#3 of 4 in Tinton Falls

Been to Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown? Share your experiences!