“Cramped but quiet in spite of being close to Parkway”

Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
“Cramped but quiet in spite of being close to Parkway”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

As other reviews have commented, Room pretty tight (1 queen). Uncomfortable love see that gas single pullout...and that thing was impossible to sleep on. However, very quiet setting as secluded but Applebee's adjacent to property. But take 5-10 minute drive and you can eat at some great restaurants. Mall with Macy's, B&N, etc. Only about 5 minutes away as is Walgreens. So convenient. Smelled musty in lobby area but the 3rd floor had no smells :) They advertise Starbucks products but it's VERY limited. They don't carry Pikes Place. Instead they combine the light and dark brews. there is out door pool that folks were using, but I'd probably try to find another hotel for the money because several in area if you have few minutes. Otherwise, thus one isn't bad for location to Parkway entrance.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank XelaChivo
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We want to thank you for stayting at the Courtyard by Marriott Tinton Falls. You stated in your review that you had a room that has a single queen bed. Although there is a couch in this room the dimensions of the room do not allow this to be a sleeper sofa bed which makes the room a single queen bed room. Since we were not built a Courtyard our rooms our smalled than your typical Courtyard. We are a We Proudly Brew Starbucks outlet, so therefore we do not carry Pike/s Peak we carry Verona.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
shrewsbury pa
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed at this hotel may 1st when visiting family . The room was comforable, but it was missing the sofa bed which was to be in the room when we booked it . It Met all the marriott standards and appeared to be freshly renovated with very nice decor and colors . Courtyards no longer have a free breakfast instead they have a bistro and a bar. The food prices were high which kept us from eating there . It must have kept others away as well since when we checked in and the morning we left the bistro was also empty. We got a good rate but anything higher I would go to the holiday Inn express up the street and get the free breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jlmk
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank for staying with us during your trip to Tinton Falls. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward too you staying with us the next time you are in the area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Check in was very quick. The lobby was nice and there was a large seating area to relax in as well. I requested an upgraded room and was given a nice corner room. It was a decent size. I recommend requesting that because I have heard the standard rooms are small. The carpet was new and the room itself looked like it had been refreshed recently. I did get woken up several times from loud guests. They were in the hall being loud and the behavior of guests really can't be controlled by the property. I did not have any meals or coffee so I can't comment on that. The room rate was very good so if you are in the area and need a room for the night I would give them a try just request a larger room.

Room Tip: Get a corner room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K S
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your response to your stay at the Courtyard. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We wanted to say that you are correct about our room size. We were not built a Courtyard therefore the room is not a typical Courtyard build. We hope to have you stay here again.
Bergenfield, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I booked this hotel last year as I was running the Long Branch Half Marathon. The rate was reasonable for event, $189 plus tax. When I arrived I was asked by the Front Desk Supervisor if I was competing in the race. When I told him I was he informed me that a breakfast to go bag would be available from 4 am and there would be a late checkout extended until 2pm. Awesome! Not only that the hotel just completed a room renovation to the latest Courtyard Decor that I love. Great hotel, great service, great value. Highly recommend. My only suggestion would be to offer comp coffee that morning as well. But that's just my own personal request.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hamlin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Dear Staff of the Marriott Courtyard, Tinton Falls, NJ (David! Mary, Greg, Janette, the grounds keeper and housekeepers) if I have forgotten to mention your name,please forgive me as the past two weeks were so hard on our family;
We came down to NJ for a few days, and did not leave for two weeks! Our brother was dying of ALS, and we were needed in Toms River. This was our first stay at this Marriott and immediately we felt at home here. The rooms are kept as clean and neat as anyone could want. As always the mattress at the Marriott, provide a comfortable nights sleep. Housekeeping always had a smile for us as did everyone we encountered. It is hard to put a number on good service and staff with empathy during a time of great stress for our family. Yes, you do have to pay for coffee and breakfast but when we did have time to have breakfast, it was good, and had a greater variety than hotels who provide breakfast for free. We also had dinner there on a few nights, as we were too tired to go out, and most evenings had a cocktail or wine before bed. Both morning and evening staff in the casual eating area were friendly, helpful and efficient.
Thank you Marriott for hiring such wonderful people to staff this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Point Pleasant, NJ
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Accomodating staff, clean room. Affordable and convenient location. Would recommend and stay again, just a bit surprised that there was no complimentary breakfast included. Even if it had just been continental. Just a note: Room coffee wasn't the best.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that our staff service and cleanliness met your expectations. While we understand the desire for complimentary breakfast, Courtyard Marriott’s brand standard in regards to dining is the new Bistro concept. This design allows us to offer fast casual options for both breakfast and dinner, as well as offer Starbucks coffees, teas, and espresso beverages.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Northfield, New Jersey
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I drove past the hotel twice thinking it was an historic old building. I was surprised how it was modern and roomy inside. The hotel staff was extremely helpful providing me with necessary amenities that I did not have. The bar was nice with a good selection of drinks and the business center was essential by providing computers with printers that I needed. I did not have a chance to use the fitness center or the pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip and the many amenities that our hotel has to offer. We pride ourselves on our staff service and appreciate hearing that they did not disappoint! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Residence Inn Tinton Falls
Residence Inn Tinton Falls
#3 of 4 in Tinton Falls

Been to Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown? Share your experiences!