“Great NJ Shore Courtyard”

Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Bergenfield, New Jersey, United States
“Great NJ Shore Courtyard”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I booked this hotel last year as I was running the Long Branch Half Marathon. The rate was reasonable for event, $189 plus tax. When I arrived I was asked by the Front Desk Supervisor if I was competing in the race. When I told him I was he informed me that a breakfast to go bag would be available from 4 am and there would be a late checkout extended until 2pm. Awesome! Not only that the hotel just completed a room renovation to the latest Courtyard Decor that I love. Great hotel, great service, great value. Highly recommend. My only suggestion would be to offer comp coffee that morning as well. But that's just my own personal request.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hamlin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Dear Staff of the Marriott Courtyard, Tinton Falls, NJ (David! Mary, Greg, Janette, the grounds keeper and housekeepers) if I have forgotten to mention your name,please forgive me as the past two weeks were so hard on our family;
We came down to NJ for a few days, and did not leave for two weeks! Our brother was dying of ALS, and we were needed in Toms River. This was our first stay at this Marriott and immediately we felt at home here. The rooms are kept as clean and neat as anyone could want. As always the mattress at the Marriott, provide a comfortable nights sleep. Housekeeping always had a smile for us as did everyone we encountered. It is hard to put a number on good service and staff with empathy during a time of great stress for our family. Yes, you do have to pay for coffee and breakfast but when we did have time to have breakfast, it was good, and had a greater variety than hotels who provide breakfast for free. We also had dinner there on a few nights, as we were too tired to go out, and most evenings had a cocktail or wine before bed. Both morning and evening staff in the casual eating area were friendly, helpful and efficient.
Thank you Marriott for hiring such wonderful people to staff this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Point Pleasant, NJ
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Accomodating staff, clean room. Affordable and convenient location. Would recommend and stay again, just a bit surprised that there was no complimentary breakfast included. Even if it had just been continental. Just a note: Room coffee wasn't the best.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that our staff service and cleanliness met your expectations. While we understand the desire for complimentary breakfast, Courtyard Marriott’s brand standard in regards to dining is the new Bistro concept. This design allows us to offer fast casual options for both breakfast and dinner, as well as offer Starbucks coffees, teas, and espresso beverages.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Northfield, New Jersey
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I drove past the hotel twice thinking it was an historic old building. I was surprised how it was modern and roomy inside. The hotel staff was extremely helpful providing me with necessary amenities that I did not have. The bar was nice with a good selection of drinks and the business center was essential by providing computers with printers that I needed. I did not have a chance to use the fitness center or the pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip and the many amenities that our hotel has to offer. We pride ourselves on our staff service and appreciate hearing that they did not disappoint! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Just another fine Marriott with excellent service, cleanliness and room contents. Only complaint is the room was much too small. Everything was crammed into a small space. The closet was one of these stand-alone cabinets. Of the three drawers for clothing, two were stuffed with Marriott extras (pillows, blankets, etc.). There was about a foot of space between the right side of the bed and the wall. Despite these inconveniences, I would return to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! We pride ourselves on our hospitality and are happy to hear that you were pleased with our staff service and cleanliness. In regards to our room size, we do recognize that our rooms are smaller than typical Courtyard Marriott hotels. We were converted to a Marriott after the building was constructed, lending to our distinctive style, intimate setting, and unique amenities. Again, we thank you for feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We asked for and were promised a "suite." Their definition: one queen bed and a fold out couch in a single room so small that we had to pick up the coffee table in front of the couch to unfold the bed. It was 75 degrees in the room, No A/C (turned off for the winter, I guess). Managed to get the window open about 2 inches, which cooled it down to about 70.

2 bath towels for 3 people; sink failed to drain in the bathroom. Did I mention that our wake up call never came?

No free coffee, no newspaper, no breakfast. The WIFI failed to connect. Had we not been exhausted from a long trip. we would not have stayed.

Selected this place because Hotels.com had it as the cheapest available. Got less than what I paid for.

Room Tip: Try someplace else - there seemed to have been about 4 other choices nearby.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank GaryfromChevyChase
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. You mentioned that you reserved a suite at our hotel via Hotels.com, however only our standard room types are available for sale through their website and similar wholesale outlets. It seems you were in a standard king room, which is a King bed with a sofa bed. Our rooms are slightly smaller than typical Courtyard Marriott hotels, since we were not originally constructed as one. In regards to our heating and air conditioning, each room has its own climate controlled unit with a fully programmable thermostat to accommodate each guest’s preference in temperature. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your sink drain, and are always happy to send a member of our engineering department to immediately correct any issues that may arise. Additionally, our housekeeping staff is always available to provide additional towels or other amenities upon request. We are sorry to hear you experienced issues with the wireless internet. We have associates available 24 hours a day to troubleshoot any problems that may occur. Our wireless carrier also offers 24 hour guest support for any issues that our in-house staff are unable to assist with.

Courtyard Marriott’s brand standard in regards to dining is the new Bistro concept. This design allows us to offer fast casual options for both breakfast and dinner, as well as offer Starbucks coffees, teas, and espresso beverages. We do offer complimentary Wall Street Journal and USA Today newspapers in our hotel lobby daily.

Travelers are raving about these Tinton Falls hotels

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've been staying here on a long-term assignment and have to say I'm enjoying the hotel. First the good things. Location - close to Garden State Parkway but far enough away you don't hear it. Courtyard - the pool area is very nice with some trees and plenty of umbrellas to enjoy the outdoors. Laundry - onsite. Only one washer & one dryer but the cost is inexpensive and detergent is included. Housekeeping - room was always very clean. Staff - always very friendly and accommodating. Room view - I had a poolside view with a tree outside for shade/privacy. Windows open to allow fresh air in the room and the A/C works great. Fridge and coffeemaker in the room. Nice lobby area.

There are some drawbacks that others have mentioned but they weren't a deal breaker for me. This property wasn't originally built as a Marriott Courtyard so the rooms are on the smaller side. Also, the walls can be a bit thin so you occasionally hear noises from the hall or someone walking upstairs. There is a coffee maker in the room but no free coffee in the lobby and no free newspaper (although I get plenty of news online). There is only one elevator and it can be slow. I generally came in the side door from the parking lot and just took the stairs.

This isn't a luxury property, but it isn't trying to be. For the business traveler, it's been a nice oasis for me and I look forward to more nights there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JRMChicago
tfcourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your time with us. We understand how difficult extended trips away from home can be, and are happy you have chosen our hotel for your trips. We do offer complimentary Wall Street Journal and USA Today newspapers in our lobby, but are always happy to deliver them if our guests prefer. Again, thank you for your loyal business, it’s been a pleasure having you with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Residence Inn Tinton Falls
Residence Inn Tinton Falls
#3 of 4 in Tinton Falls

Been to Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown? Share your experiences!