“Innovative Cusine”

Cuisines: Japanese, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We eat here often and have never been disappointed -- that is a rare achievement. The sushi here is really first rate, best Toro I have ever had, sashimi is to die for. Although a BYBO, there is a package store right next door. Attentive service and welcoming atmosphere round out a great culinary experience.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Went on a sunday at 3 pm the place was empty. Got 2 rolls that were both to be spicey but barely got a kick. Ordered sone salmon , tuna , & white tuna sushi which was very tasty. Will probably visit again. Teak in red bank has 5 star sushi

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant, and ordered Crazy Friday roll, along with appetizer, the main course came with the Appetizer, disappointment, but this was just the beginning. The roll had sesame and my daughter is very critically allergic to this seed, we had gone here earlier and they never had sesame in the crazy Friday roll, however we noticed it and called them up, requested them to make it without the sesame, the waitress grumbled that how come you did not say that before, etc. I apologized to her, some how she brought the different roll without the sesame, and when my check was brought they had charged me twice for the roll ( including the one with sesame), when I questioned her, she said that's the way it is, meanwhile she took away the whole roll which my daughter did not eat, I told her to pack that for me, and she argued and said that they had already threw it away. Then I was upset and told them to remove that charge, the owner came and argued for a stupid $14 charge, for 10 minutes, when I finally signed the credit card receipt and they had insulted me before my wife and daughter I did not tip them, believe it or not the owner came up to my car in the parking lot arguing for that tip, and finally it was so embarrassing I paid the tip just to be done with it. Even in this whole world this is the only place for Sushi, I will never go. It is the most horrible experience that too on a Saturday evening, what a way to start the weekend. especially when it comes straight from the owner Roger, would I go there, never and never. I am quite upset, if it was the chain I would have complaint till I drop. Most horrible experience. I wish their customers teach a lesson to him on Guest service.
I definitely DO NOT recommend this place, especially with the family.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I ate dinner here solo at the Sushi Bar on 7/17/13. Shopping center location, no bar but a liquor store next door. Basic menu with some specialty rolls, most have cooked (Tempura) ingredients. Being a purist I ordered the Sushi/ Sashimi combo as a true gauge of the quality of the fish here. Included were a Miso soup and small salad with Ginger dressing; both were average. The Sushi / Sashimi combo was a limited selection of fish on the plate. There was Tuna, Salmon, Striped Bass, White Tuna, and one piece of Crab Stick. Normally I would see 8 different kinds of fish on a plate like this elsewhere. The fish was all just ok, the White Tuna was very fishy and I did not finish it. The spicy Tuna roll was better than the raw fish. The restaurant is huge, catering to the hibachi crowd. There are better options locally like SAWA. I will also go elsewhere next time in town.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I tried this restaurant after living near it for nearly a year. This place is excellent. The decor is beautiful. BYO with a liquor store right next door. The food is delicious and I end up getting the same things every time I go because of how good it is. The Kani pockets are a delicious appetizer. I hate soup, nut the seafood soup is delicious and packed with seafood. The Crazy Friday specialty roll is my main dish, my husband loves the Volcano roll. He also gets quite a few of the single sushi. Mochi ice cream is so yummy also. Try the green tea or red bean ice creams. I will continue to go again and again