“Not what I expected”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
New York
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I expected what I saw in the pictures, but what we got was sub par. Upon check-in, I walked in to the lobby and no on was present. Not even a bell to ring. Someone came out to greet me within the minute and began the process of checking me in. A 2nd person came out to take over, said he would finish checking me in and the other gentlemen began working on a 2nd computer. Another person came in after me, which the man on the 2nd computer tended to, but for some reason caused my check-in process to slow to a crawl. To keep a story short, I walked in to the lobby first but was the third to get checked in! You have two computers cannot function at once? Get your network checked out!

We were assigned a room on the 2nd floor, next to the elevator. Upon entering the room, a heavy stench of mildew hit us in the face. I asked my bf if we should call to change rooms but he said it'd probably be the same if we switched anyway so we turned the AC on to the max and left to get dinner hoping it would cycle the smell out by the time we got back.

3rd, from booking on hotels.com, the double room is supposed to sleep up to 4, however there were only 2 bath towels in the room. Not even the standard three that other hotels give you. Our friend went down to the lobby (which is supposed to be open 24 hours according to the man that checked us in) but the lobby door was locked and there was a line outside a little vestibule where someone was supposed to be on duty to help you. Unfortunately we never got our 3rd towel and our friend simply used the extra hand towel to dry off after his shower.

This is unacceptable. I hope that my review paints a better picture of the place in your minds than the picture they use to advertise. We're not going to be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank mizzjenkie
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Tinton Falls - Jersey Shore Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The property was in a good location, friendly front desk, clean rooms and just overall a nice overnight. I was there for a job interview but would go back for R & R. it is a good shore location for the shore visitors. Book it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hi Joseph,

This is Dan. I am the manager here. On behalf of my hotel staff, I would like to thank you for your words of appreciation and giving us good feedback. We always try to keep our guests significant, comfortable and delighted.

Give us chance next time too to eel come you. By the way how was your interview? Good luck.

Thanks again.
New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This red roof is pretty average. It was clean. Wi-fi didn't work well. Over all it was ok. Had a couple day meeting and wanted to go to Jersey shore at night so it was in a good location. Price was right and location was good, but motel was dated.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
West Kingston
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I fully enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof Inn, Tinton Falls, NJ. The reservation was easily made online. The hotel is pet-friendly. The grounds were very neat, clean and in a very convenient location to restaurants and highway access. The room was ready, clean and very nicely furnished. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Constance K
rochester
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We had my nieces wedding to go to in Springlake NJ so we decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls. It was about 15 minutes away. I made the reservations through the national number and it was easy and convenient. I'm also not a "Redi" card member which accumulates points for free stays. My room here was $213 for two nights with taxes included in this price. Great value for a Friday and Saturday night. I researched this hotel here and it got good reviews and they were totally accurate. This room was immaculate. Very clean, crisp and well maintained. One of the perks of the room was free wii-fii which was fast. One other thing I liked which is minor but a good thing was the fact that they had a row of plugs built into the nightstand in between the beds to plug a laptop in or cell phone charger. It was very convenient because in some other hotels its hard to find a plug. The hotel is also pet-friendly and although I saw pets they were never distracting to our stay. (I like dogs and was impressed with this feature.)
One last thing, when I got home I noticed a charge of $1.50 per day for using the safe which I did not use and I called and the desk clerk took it off immediately. This was a great stay and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank prince043
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My family stayed at this Red roof inn about a year ago. Great clean updated rooms,same good prices,and great same staff. Carl is a great manager always makes us feel welcome.Doug behind the desk was also very friendly.Would recomend this hotel to everyone,and we will continue to come back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank michelef227
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Michele good evening and thank you once again for this review. I have to say that it is a real pleasure to know you and your family and certainly enjoy the conversations we have. I will make sure the staff sees this review and thank you once again. I am very happy to hear that you enjoy our newly renovated property and all the new amenities that come with that. Please do make a point of stopping in next visit and I will make sure we have time to catch up.

Carl Costagliola
Bridgeport, West Virginia
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My husband and I travel to this part of NJ to see my family a couple times of year. We used to stay elsewhere, but when we adopted our four-legged, furry baby we had to rethink our plans. I did some web searching and found out RRI allowed pets to stay with them for "FREE!" I was shocked - everywhere else, it cost $$. So I thought we'd give it a try. I am so glad we did. The folks at the front desk each time we stayed were super friendly and helpful. The first time we stayed I told the woman I wasn't sure how Izzie (German Shepherd) would do as she'd never stayed in a hotel room before and I wasn't sure if she'd bark or not - she's extremely protective. She told me not to worry, that she was putting us in an area where there would be other pets, so they were used to that sort of thing if she did. I was very nervous about it, but Izzie did great! No barking, just a little low growling when people were walking past our room (a little too close for her comfort!) The room smelled so wonderfully clean when we first arrived and it remained so the whole visit. Everything was kept very clean, which in my opinion is the first thing on my list of wants in a rented room. We always stay in a Superior King room so there is lots of room for us, and this year they've added an iron and ironing board which was really helpful. Excellent value for the money. We did have one issue this most recent visit with a light bulb being out over the sink area. It was fixed, but the afternoon before we left, so that was a bit difficult to deal with. I wrote to the manager about it, and he apologized and made up for our inconvenience. I was very impressed with their team! I am a Redicard member, and I highly recommend it, especially if you travel a lot. Those points add up quickly for a free night's stay. It's a great program.

Room Tip: We stay in the back on the ground floor and it's always been very quiet.