I expected what I saw in the pictures, but what we got was sub par. Upon check-in, I walked in to the lobby and no on was present. Not even a bell to ring. Someone came out to greet me within the minute and began the process of checking me in. A 2nd person came out to take over, said he would finish checking me in and the other gentlemen began working on a 2nd computer. Another person came in after me, which the man on the 2nd computer tended to, but for some reason caused my check-in process to slow to a crawl. To keep a story short, I walked in to the lobby first but was the third to get checked in! You have two computers cannot function at once? Get your network checked out!
We were assigned a room on the 2nd floor, next to the elevator. Upon entering the room, a heavy stench of mildew hit us in the face. I asked my bf if we should call to change rooms but he said it'd probably be the same if we switched anyway so we turned the AC on to the max and left to get dinner hoping it would cycle the smell out by the time we got back.
3rd, from booking on hotels.com, the double room is supposed to sleep up to 4, however there were only 2 bath towels in the room. Not even the standard three that other hotels give you. Our friend went down to the lobby (which is supposed to be open 24 hours according to the man that checked us in) but the lobby door was locked and there was a line outside a little vestibule where someone was supposed to be on duty to help you. Unfortunately we never got our 3rd towel and our friend simply used the extra hand towel to dry off after his shower.
This is unacceptable. I hope that my review paints a better picture of the place in your minds than the picture they use to advertise. We're not going to be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn - Jersey Shore is a 2 star 119 rooms hotel renovated in 2012. Hotel is 100% smoke free, conveniently located off exit 105 on the Garden State Parkway and Routes 35 and 36. Hotel provides free parking on premises and has HDTVs in all rooms with premium and on demand channels. Red Roof Inn Jersey Shore accepts pets free of cost. Freeze, microwave, iron and hair dryer available in all Superior King rooms. Hotel provides free wireless internet and free local long distance phone calls. Local attractions are: Long branch beach - 5 miles Jersey Shore premium outlets - 3.5 Miles Monmouth Mall - 1.9 Miles Monmouth Park Horse racetrack - 4.2 Miles Jumping Brook Country Club - 4.5 Miles Monmouth University - 4.8 Miles Pier Village - 5.3 Miles Asbury Park Convention Hall - 5.8 Miles Monmouth Medical Center - 5.9 Miles Earle Naval Base - 10.7 Miles PNC Bank Arts Center - 11.2 Miles Six Flags Great Adventure - 22 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls Hotel Tinton Falls
- Tinton Falls Red Roof Inn