“The staff was cool under pressure...”

Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Enola, Pennsylvania, United States
“The staff was cool under pressure...”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in the hotel (Friday & Saturday night). We arrived late about 9:30 and was faced with the desk clerk (Sheila) dealing with a difficult customer. She handled herself beautifully. We ended up having to wait for about 20 mins until she took care of the customer, but it was worth it. The room was clean and the area was nice and quiet; even as close as it was to the parkway, we still had a couple of good nights sleep.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Tammy good afternoon and thank you for this nice review. I have to say that I am very proud of our team here at Tinton Falls, especially when faced with tough situations. I am glad to hear that Sheila was able to handle this situation with fantastic customer service. Our location is very nice and centrally located to major highways and outlet shopping. Of course we have the fantastic Jersey Shore only 5 miles down the road. I am again glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Carl Costagliola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Brantford
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed for two nights, they were very accommodating as we checked in very early. We didn't have very high expectations for the room, but it was very clean and newly furnished with nice furniture and laminate flooring throughout. For the price we paid, we were satisfied with the room itself, the exterior of the building and common areas could use a little work though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for this review. I am very pleased to hear that you were very happy with the new renovation and the quality of the room. Our new flat screen TV's and flooring are just fantastic and people are letting us know. This on top of all new bedding and fresh new colors throughout. With the summer season now over getting to the common area's is our next assignment. I know this team will make it shine.

Thank you again and please do come back the next time you are in town.

Cortlandt Manor
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My fiance and I were looking for a good value place close to the shore to stay for the night. Red Roof Inn was perfect for our needs. I work in a hotel and know what to look for in a hotel room. Clean, comfortable, quiet and a friendly staff. Thanks to my Mets fan front desk person for being so friendly. If you are looking for a clean, friendly comfortable place to stay then stay here.

1 Thank Blueangels31664
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hello and thank you for this review. It is nice to hear that we are able to impress even someone who is in the hotel industry. Thank you very much. The team here at Tinton Falls takes great pride in the quality of work and service we are able to give all guests. Our location being very close to the Jersey shore and the outlet shopping is ideal for couples or families who want to come down to enjoy the beach or go shopping. Maybe both? Again thank you and please do return the next time you are here on the shore.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Barely acceptable place to flop for a night, but I certainly wouldn't let anyone I cared for stay there. The ventilation in our room was inadequate and the room smelled funny and felt damp and clammy. The floor was tacky with a coating of moisture even with all fans and AC running. (No way to open the sealed window.) Towels would not dry. The faucet in the tub leaked, badly, contributing to the problem. The shower curtain was too small. The coffee maker was broken. I tried to just put the coffee in the mug and make it that way but discovered the condiment packs had been previously opened and partially used and just left in room. There were mystery stains on the bathroom door, bathroom wall, and TV screen (?). The TV was not working properly (too dark), was not adjustable, and had a limited selection of low brow channels (FOX News, multiple ESPN choices, etc.). When I asked for some tissue they gave me one of those little pocket packs. Just overall broken down and cheap in every way. But the bed was adequate and you could get a good night's sleep at least. I can't account for the 5 star ratings other people have been giving the place unless there is a really huge difference between the various rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Whaleman O
Good evening. I am truly happy that we were given a chance to have you as a guest and be able to wow you during your stay. Unfortunately it sounds as if we let you down in a few ways. I can let you know there is no difference in the quality and attention all rooms receive on the property. The team here takes great pride in each and every room. If we had know you were looking for something other than news or sports we could have by all means directed you to the free HBO channels that are present. Our new flat screen TVs are different than most to adjust but we are able to help all who need it. I do agree that the recent humidity seems to make everything you touch damp.
I do apologize for all these issues and would love for you to call the next time you are in town so you are able to see what everyone is saying.

Thanks
General Manger
Spring Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Moments notice ,spoke w Carl, booked a room on one of the busiest weekends in Monmouth County. Checked in ahead of time! Room was clean, looked like newer furniture, perfect for our needs. Bathroom was spotless with fresh supply of towels.
Front desk Lou was great w recommendations for brunch for the family and quick w checkout.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Sara good morning and thank you very much for this review. I am very happy that Lou and myself were able to meet with you and also be able to meet all your needs. I am very proud of the service that the team here in Tinton Falls is able to provide. It is funny you mention the Ritz as many times I try to tell them that we may not be the Ritz but we sure as heck can give a guest the same if not better service. I am glad to hear that they do take that to heart. Again it was a pleasure to meet and the next time you are coming home please do know you have a place to stay.

Mount Pocono, PA
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were guests at the Red Roof Inn at Tinton Falls, New Jersey for the past two nights.

We arrived August 13 and left August 15 to celebrate my 50th birthday while supporting the economy of the Jersey Shore in the seemingly everlasting aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

We typically stay at a boutique hotel closer to the beach, but after reading TripAdvisor comments from displaced survivors of Sandy, some who are still housed there, we felt compelled to support this hotel in support of their caring nature. An added bonus was that the price is the best bang for the buck.

WOW! Are we glad that we ever stayed there. Our dog, Fritz, was welcomed and cared for by all of their staff. Michelle, from housekeeping, even took our shedding blade and relieved him of quite a bit of his unwanted his fur! Michelle was outstanding.

I don't know the names of the young ladies who worked housekeeping the morning that we checked-out, but they were the friendliest I have ever experienced and played with our dog as well.

Sheila at the front desk was tremendously helpful when we phoned our reservations as well as when we phoned with other questions. Sadly, we did not get to meet her in person.

Mary at the front desk is the most caring and dedicated person you could ever wish for.

Mary made our stay so easy and pleasant and was always warm and welcoming with a beautiful smile.

We had room 122, which is in the rear of the hotel and on the ground floor. It's perfect for dogs as there is a beautiful area to walk them surrounded by trees. Some guests also use that area for yoga and it is peacefully quiet there.

The room was just the right size, very clean, and the bed was very comfortable.

The main highway (Rt. 36) is right there and Belmar, Point Pleasant and Asbury are all with a 10 to 20 minute drive, so the beaches and boardwalks are close enough but far enough.

If I were to fuss about anything, it would simply be that a small second by the desk in the room would be nice and benches or picnic tables would go beautifully in the rear of the hotel.

The WiFi is sketchy and works best outside of the room, so don't rely upon that. This is where outdoor tables would be nice -- what a great way to work online if you have to! For us, it was nice to be away from the computer and relax.

Carl Costagliola, the General Manager, is a true gentleman and highly skilled manager. His ability to staff this hotel with such caring people made our stay perfectly comfortable. We were even given a blanket for our dog!

Two food recommendations;

Asbury Park -- Porta ... www.pizzaporta.com
Excellent pizza and amazing pasta!

Point Pleasant -- Bahr's Landing ... www.bahrslanding.com
There is not one item on this menu that is not just perfect! The outside deck is relaxing and it's a gathering point for local boaters and fishers as they have a pull up dock for boats.

We have decided that all of our stays at the Jersey Shore will be at this conveniently centralized hotel.

Feel free to email me at MtPoconoRob@msn.com with any questions.

Please do visit the Jersey Shore and support their economy as they rebuild this iconic resort town.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the ground floor room at the rear of the building. There is a beautiful lawn with lots of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Rob good evening and I have to say thank you very much for this review. You can be sure that every member of the team here in Tinton Falls is aware of this review. Together we take great pride in being able to help guests with all their needs. This includes those who guests may not have interaction with. Our newly renovated property is getting fantastic reviews. People are very pleased with the new beds and large flat screen TV's. They seem to be the favorite. I personally like the new floors and colors. Very fresh and updated. Rob again thank you very much and please do let us know when you are coming back. I am sure more will be open along the shore as time goes by.

Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had to get a place for 6 nights and it fit what I wanted for the price. I had a bouble room with a micro/fridge. I did not likie the fact that I was not sure if I was going to get the micro/fridge until check in. I was staying in PA and wanted to see the location for the following week, as I had another event in area. I drove to Tinton Falls to check out the location. I reserved the room a week in advance and still was told I would know if I will get a micro/fridge only at check in. At check in I got the micro/fridge. Everything was great after check in. The location is great, the staff was friendly and helped when UPS dropped off supplies.
I will stay at this Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Neil good evening and thank you for this review. I am very glad to hear that we were able to get you the room you needed along with that microwave and microfridge. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope that all went well with the event that you were working at. If I remember correctly the weather was some of the best we have had all summer. Again thank you and I will make sure the team sees this review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
No photo provided

Been to Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore? Share your experiences!