“sandy victums”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“sandy victums”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

since sandy my family and i have been here the staff has welcome us with open arms. they have waited on us hand and foot. i cant find the words that will express how much they have helped us through hard time such as this we lost everything we own. the staff is the greatest bunch of real people that i and my family had the pleasure of meeting.without there suport and kindness i dont know what we would of done or pulled throught this time of our lives thank you for these people at comfort inn tinton falls new jersey.and may god bless each and everyone of them thank you so much mike goldspring and family

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth F, General Manager at Quality Suites Tinton Falls, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Mike and Family,
Thank you so much for your kind words. My staff and I are very happy to have helped you in any way we could have. We dont look forward to the day you and your family will check out, you have become family to all of us. Thank you again for your kind word.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Kissimmee, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed for 7 night and it was job related. The hotel staff was nice and tried to work with what they didt have. With a bad economy, the hotel seemed understaffed and overworked. Often no one to answer the phone,the one front desk clerk off in another side of the builing handling issues, the computer system went down for hours, no extra TV in case yours had a problem. Even the walls were thin, you could hear the guests in their room. Yes, the breakfast was reasonably good, but I have stayed at many Comfort Inn Suites that things seemed to be more pulled together even with good value. My expectations for this hotel were on that level.

Room Tip: Rooms near the dining area are very noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank idaw155

Travelers are raving about these Tinton Falls hotels

Red Hook, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was hesitant to stay here since the reviews were not very flattering but we needed a room big enough for 6 so we stayed anyway. Overall it is clean and definitely worth the price.

Pros:
Very nice (newly decorated) lobby
Free breakfast (eggs & sausage, bagels, cereal, yogurt, etc.)
Clean (but small) pool
Clean spacious rooms

Cons:
Smoking is allowed and comes through from room to room.
No jacuzzi by pool (some pictures show one but there isn't one there)
Most rooms have exterior doors to courtyard (which isn't locked) and the decking is old and cracked.

Room Tip: The double queen with sofa is a very nice layout for a family.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nina S
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My usual hotel when going out to this part of the world (and its next 3 company recommended backup locations) was booked, so I landed here. I didn't have high hopes based on the reviews. For moderate to low cost hotels, my main criteria are that the rooms are clean and that I can get a good night's sleep.

The hotel is at an awkward place between obviously being in the midst of repair and upgrade and having been through very rough times. Paint was chipped. The outside wood stairs was missing paint and had visibly rotting wood. Air conditioner grates had obviously had kids (or worse!) gleefully kicking them in.

The room itself had an upgraded bathroom basin and the room had been recently painted. However, the painter didn't bother to get out the spackle and tidy up before the painting. The bed was new, but hard. The pillows were plentiful and I couldn't complain about them. The linens were recently changed.

The alarm clock could have come straight from my parents' room in the 1970's.

The main minuses of the room was the hard bed and the shower having almost zero pressure. But even given these, I was almost ready to give this venue a 3. The fact that the second day of the visit had no room service done (but a sheet of paper slipped under the door to say why) because of lack of staff. That took a borderline 3 and knocked it to a 2.

It's entirely possible that the upgrades will finally catch up and the place won't be awful next year. I'll give it a pass my next few trips though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey H
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel has grown by leaps and bounds since the last time I stayed here last year. The pool is clean just like the rooms. Very cleansed stocked breakfast bar and front desk were very nice and accommodating. Will be back next year. Thanks !

• Stayed November 2012
Pace, FL
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stay at this hotel for 20 days, it had the only available rooms around, since I have no choice, my travel service book my room.
First, management of this hotel is non-existence! Her hours are 9 to 3 and only seem her ( will not include name) on my one day off! The front desk staff are poorly train, with the only exception is the night auditor (he was the only staff member knew what he was doing, kudos too him). This is a non-smoking hotel, but allows customers to out front of hotel, but there are no butt cans, so the customers just throw their butt on the ground and are never clean up by hotel staff (disgusting). Clean staff for rooms do just an ok job, but missed things like towels, coffee and charging sheets on the beds (I think they charge my sheets twice in 20 days).
This hotel dirtily, messily and totally disgusting. I suggest you even if you have to stay miles away, I sure you find much better hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid if you can!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Elizabeth F, Manager at Quality Suites Tinton Falls, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I am sorry to read you didnt enjoy are hotel, I am in the building six days a week and never leave before 530 pm, Im sorry I didnt get to speak to you about your stay. If you would like to call me I would be happy to speak with you.

Elizabeth
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We are used to staying at Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inns and the Courtyard, however the stay here over this past weekend was quite memorable. No cribs available. A couch broke and fell apart in the lobby while a family was sitting on it waiting for a space to be available in the breakfast area for them to eat. Many people were in lines for food only to find there was none left, down to cereal and bagels, which isn't bad, just isn't too good when you are expecting to make waffles, or eat yogurt or fruit... It was quite an experience. The staff was VERY nice and very helpful, giving us extra pillows and a comforter to try to make a make shift bed for our infant. They went out of their way to help us. The problem wasn't them it was that the management had not properly staffed the hotel for a major holiday weekend. They weren't prepared with enough food or staff. It was a shame because it is a good property, the rooms were very clean so the cleaning staff is working hard and doing their part! Kudos! We picked this hotel for the pool and the breakfast, both of which were disappointments. We've never not gone in a pool before but once we saw the dirt on the pool floor and a few giant hairballs we decided not to take the plunge. The pool remained empty the whole time we were there. It was that bad. With proper staffing, pool cleaning and better food preparation this place would be great! It's not too far away from the beaches which makes it very convenient and the prices are much more reasonable. Maybe just don't go on a holiday. Oh - one thing we really did like was that their rooms had a "suite" layout with the two beds being in a back room and a small livingroom with a tv and fridge were in the front room/area. That worked out well with our kids and getting ready in the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Been to Quality Suites Tinton Falls? Share your experiences!