“Even better than before”

Ciconte's Italia Pizza
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Thorofare
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Comfortable food in a warm atmosphere.
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I have always been fans of Ciconte's in their previous location in West Deptford, It was a simple pizzeria then and, in their new location, they've turned it into a restaurant. I love the ambiance and the little touches that make it unique, like serving drinks in mason jars. They also let you BYOB and will gladly provide wineglasses, buckets or ice as needed.

Their new menu is interesting and I can't wait to sample more of their new dishes. Of course, they still have their signature pizzas. We especially love the simple but tasty margherita. I always hated margherita pizza until I had Ciconte's. I finally figured out that all the margherita pizzas I had before were not done right. Ciconte's was simple, crusty and perfect. Their chicken barbecue and romano ranch pizzas are also personal favorites.

Service is normally excellent. Our server today was very pleasant and made us feel comfortable and welcome. However, when we were here a month ago, a younger server messed up the order and even served the garlic bread sticks late with the pizza even when I specifically asked her to bring them to the table early as an appetizer. That's why I only rated it 4 stars for service. But then she was probably new to the job so I don't judge their service by that experience.

With regards to price, they're very inexpensive considering the quality of the food and service. My husband and I brought our own wine and had a healthy serving of meat lasagna, chicken tortellini soup, 3 bread sticks and a large margherita pizza and only spent 28 dollars incl. tax! There were lots of leftovers to take home, too, so that included at least a couple of extra meals at home.

We'll definitely be back lots of times.

1  Thank steffi-san
There are newer reviews for Ciconte's Italia Pizza

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This location just open about a month ago. It's not just a pizzeria anymore. The menu is very nice, and the pasta dishes are very good. They homemade bread and salad or soup with an entree. I've been back three times in the last month! It's casual yet has great food, my kind of place.

2  Thank NJgirlonthego