“Pick another hotel! Please!!”

Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Thorofare
Reviewed January 13, 2014

One of the closest BW next to Philadelphia. Chose this because of proximity and lower price than the BW in Philadelphia. Thought we would sacrifice distance for price! Unfortunately we sacrificed too much! For the price we paid I expected a little bit more. This BW is old!!! It needs an update! The rooms are uncomfortable and so are the beds. The pillows are slightly smelly. The sausage in the breakfast bar is over cooked. I ended up just eating the eggs and bread (healthier for me). Next time I will shell out the extra $ and stay in Philadelphia.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
bwwestdeptford, General Manager at Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our property. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I wish you had informed us of your problems when you were here, so that we could have resolved them and made your stay an enjoyable one. If you could please contact me so that I could get some more information on your stay, I would appreciate it. Dan Chycota 856-848-4111

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had the pleasure of an overloaded weekend for the last Saturday night of the year. This hotel made it all come together nicely. The high quality bathroom greatly exceeded my expectations and was definitely a surprise. The room was also very clean. We had a late arrival and was pleased with the security and ultra fast check in. All went smoothly. All staff was nice. The breakfast was very good and the hours better than average. It was a little twisty-turny getting into the lot but I believe it adds to the security of the location too. Would be my first choice for a similar trip. It was a very good value.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor which worked well for the late arrival.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Roy, thank you for your comments and review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This hotel was very nice, spacious rooms, great atmosphere and definitely a place I would stay and recommend for the price. Its conveniently located not too far from Philadelphia which made the trip much more enjoyable. The rooms have a microwave and refridgerator in them which was nice. Its wheelchair friendly whereas I didn't need a handicapped room for my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found everything accessible by wheelchair.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Needed a placed to stay after a concert. Upon checking in, the woman I dealt with wasn't very friendly; even unfriendlier to my roommate upon her arrival. Coffee maker in our room did not work. Cleaning woman, knocked and asked did we need cleaning service ... we just arrived; aren't the rooms noted on a chart?????

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank VirtuousWoman2012
bwwestdeptford, General Manager at Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at my hotel. I am very sorry about the problems you had with my desk clerk. I have gone over this with her and showed her how she could have handled the situation better. I will be checking to make sure she is friendly to everyone. And housekeeping has replaced the coffee maker.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have searched for a nice hotel that was in a decent area and not to expensive and this hotel was perfect! The room was clean, the hotel staff was friendly and many choices of breakfast items (both hot and cold). I would highly recommend this hotel for future stays.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. We really enjoy reading good reviews.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel while on business for 13 years. Consistent good service, value, and comfort. Close to the interstate and dining. Philadelphia is within a 30 minute drive. County park located along the Delaware River is nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I would also like to that you for being a loyal guest with us for the past 13 years.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've been spending 4 nights here every year for 6 years. Rooms are comfortable and clean. The personnel is very helpful. This hotel sits between Wilmington DE and Philadelphia PA with rates considerably lower. Access to public transportation makes it easy to get to New Jersey and Philidelphia. Highway to Atlantic City, one hour via highway, is easy. There are restaurants nearby some within walking distance. Good value

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

I really appreciate the review, especially from someone like yourself who has been coming here for so many years.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorofare
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
#1 of 3 in Deptford
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn? Share your experiences!