“Has not changed since it opened”

Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Thorofare
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when it was first built and have stayed there many times over the years. We had not been back in a long time and we were so surprised that it is exactly the same as it was when it was first built! I believe it needs an update! We mostly just were at the hotel to sleep and did not spend much time there other than that. We were there for over a week and were not impressed. The staff were hot and cold. One would be great and the next one sucked! The thing that was the most disturbing to us was that there were a bunch of kids there for soccer. They were unruly! They were exceptionally loud, running around, screaming, etc. Apparently, whoever they were with did not bother to supervise them, but the staff should have stepped in and demanded some kind of peace for the other guests. The location was convenient for us, but it is not close to most things that travelers would be interested in. (Restaurants, shopping, etc.)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gailsgmom
bwwestdeptford, General Manager at Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you had problems with the sports teams while you were staying with us. I will go over this problem with my staff to try and make sure that it does not happen in the future. We are currently working with designers at Best Western to renovate our bathrooms, and we have been replacing furniture and updating the wall finishes in our guest rooms.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our family comes to this hotel every year. It's 10 minutes from Philadelphia, so makes a fantastic base for day trips to all the nearby attractions. Some days the kids just swim in the hotel pool. The free breakfast is better than many bigger hotels...and it's a feast. Eggs, waffles, bagels, donuts. Nice way to start the day. The rooms are clean. The staff is warm, friendly, and helpful. Overall, this hotel is a great value.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with small kids, ask for 2 connected rooms. It's like getting a suite. Y...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyTravel411

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We have been working on it for a while and making a lot of improvements. I am happy that our guests are enjoying it.

Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Upon entering the hotel I immediately noticed how nice it smelled. The lobby, halls, and rooms have a pleasant smell.

The service was nice. Very friendly. Rooms were clean and had everything: fridge, microwave, hair dryer etc.

The workout room had a nice treadmill and bike. However the tv in there was crappy, the remote dd not work, and it felt like a billion degrees in there. Also the button on the water dispenser does not work properly. But all that is minor and I don't need those things.

The breakfast is by far the best thing! Yum yum.

I do wish they had a sink outside the bathroom as well as inside like the last best western I stayed at but , again, that's something I don't have to have.

Overall great clean stay and good food. Also pool is awesome.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lemon21

Thank you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have replaced the TV in the exercise room, and fixed the water cooler. I will see what I can do about the heat.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We've stayed at this Best Western on many occasions over a span of about five years when visiting family in the area. The hotel personnel are very helpful, generous, and friendly. Sometimes they have free drawings for their guest to enter and we actually won an iPod Nano. We really enjoyed the outdoor pool when we had the opportunity to use it. You can make your own fresh waffles for breakfast, plus they offer a few hot items such as eggs and potatoes in addition to a variety of cereal, fruit, and bagels. The hotel always provides a complimentary crib for us whenever we needed it. One time the guests in the next room were noisy so they moved us to a different room, then gave us a reduced rate for the inconvenience. The only real complaint I have is years ago once or twice the bed was not the most comfortable, but they may have replaced the mattresses since them. I noticed they put air fresheners in the rooms and would say this is an average hotel but because of the service give it a very good overall rating. I'd recommend it if you are looking for an economical place to stay, nothing fancy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JosephineRae

Thank you very much for your review. We have been reading our reviews and trying to improve.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I had to stop here on a business trip because all of the hotels in Philadelphia were booked. This place, although in Jersey, was an easy commute. Once I arrived the front desk clerk was kind and extremely helpful with recommending places to eat. My room was everything I needed, a desk for my computer, high speed internet throughout the entire hotel a lounge and a nice clean fresh room.

The morning continental breakfast was the best part. The hotel had everything and the hostess was so nice and friendly to chat with as I sat and ate my breakfast. For the price and my first time experience, I would recommend staying here from now on and my company enjoys it because it is cheaper than staying in Philly.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank BCW35805
bwwestdeptford, General Manager at Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you for your review. We have recently upgraded our free continental breakfast to a free full breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, and waffles. We hope that this will make your breakfast experience with us even more enjoyable.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

we stayed in this hotel in early October 2011. The rooms were neat and clean. The staff were very helpful and responsive. There was no carryover smell.The grounds were well maintained. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mckpotts21

Thank you for your review we really appreciate hearing from our guests. I hope you will come stay with us again when you need another night out.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

stayed at this hotel sheets smell like a nursing home carpet worn out towels and wash cloths were turning gray they were once white. The desk staff was friendly and the room had a printer in it that was very helpful because i travel alot and have to print alot. But the room quality was awful i mean awful i slept in the chair and just left my partners rooms were the same so another room would have been the same. So beware this was once a good hotel i didn't complain because they knew what they had. i just told my assistant not to book there again. if i had to stay here again i would sleep in the car period. And i'm serious.

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. With out feedback from our guests, it is hard for us to judge how we are doing. We have been replacing carpets and furniture, upgrading our continental breakfast to a full breakfast, put in a new laundry soap and bleach feeder, and will be replacing all of our televisions with flat screens by the end of the year. Once again please do accept my apologies, and if you do stay here again, please let me know so I can personally make sure your stay is an enjoyable one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorofare
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
#1 of 3 in Deptford
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn? Share your experiences!