“Good food & setting”
Review of Axia Taverna

Axia Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Axia Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Tenafly
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riveredge Rd.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I, along with a friend, had a late dinner at Axia Taverna. The restaurant had a lot of interesting options. I was in the mood for something basic, and chose the "Kotopoulo Sparti" (roasted chicken). It was well cooked and flavorful. I also tried the "Ouzoing Chocolate Cake" - which was interesting.

If I were in the area, I would definitely go back for a good meal.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food was really delicious! We had several appetizers and lots of fish. The desserts were a disappointment though. The hostess and wait persons were friendly and attentive.

There were 7 of us eating here on a Tuesday night. It was quite noisy and they did not have a round table to seat us at. The noise is the reason I gave it an average on atmosphere.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We decided to try out this restaurant while staying in the area. The food was good, but I felt like it was not as good as what they were charging for it.

As for rude servers/manangement, we did not experience this. Everyone was very friendly to us.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We ate here last Saturday night on spur of the moment. We were on the early side (5-5:30pm) so there was no problem getting a table sans reservation. Hosts were hospitable and gracious. Waiter and the rest of the serving staff were cordial and receptive to our questions. Food was very, very good. Lots of seafood choices on the menu and for the daily specials, and yet there were meat choices as well. We will definitely be coming back to this lovely taverna. I would put the pricing in the $$-$$$ range but well worth it for the quality and tastiness of the food. A great gem of a restaurant in Tenafly!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great food and service. Very good appetizers but the deserts were somewhat disappointed.
Will come back again.