“#1 Burger joint in NJ”

Bergenfield, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“#1 Burger joint in NJ”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been to Blue Star Burgers many, many times. They have a great selection of burgers and specialties (fried pickles and mushrooms). I have yet to be disappointed with a meal. Don't take my word on it... Try it yourself...

• Visited March 2014

Tenafly, New Jersey
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

The burgers are amazing and there is even a health nut burger for those who like a healthy burger. Some burgers are creative like the WoW, it has 2 grilled cheese sandwiches on it.

Visited January 2014
Totowa, New Jersey
“Great food!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The food here is incredible. The WOW which consisted of grilled chicken between two grilled cheese sandwiches was DELISH. The grilled chicken was pefectly seasoned and very juicy. Sounds like a heavy meal but it is actually light. The fries are also very good especially with the rocket sauce.

• Visited October 2013
Wayne, New Jersey
“Good Burgers... read on.....”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Comment: Blue Star Burgers has a fantastic attitude for building a truly great burger biz, but before I go any further, I'm going to state my one and only gripe as Jason and the folks at BSB deserve for their review to end on a high note. I am not on board with the "seasoned" meat - There, I said it. If a "seasoned" burger (garlic & onion powder most predominant) was one of the menu items, I'd definitely get around to trying it out, but it would be my choice to stray from a juicy ground chuck burger and wander off down the seasoned, (meat-loafy), burger path. I was salivating at the special burger of the week on display on the front counter when I walked in. The King Kong burger had me at hello, but I stayed with my original choice, the WOW burger even though all the burgers on the Signature Burger menu had also grabbed my attention. Long story short, BSB is onto something very special here, they have all the makings of burger greatness, (minus the seasoned beef). If the meat were pure ground chuck cooked in all it's juicy glory and seasoned with only salt and pepper I believe bollards on the sidewalk would be necessary to corral the line of people waiting to get in. But hey, like every other one of my now 163 burger reviews, that's only my opinion and we all know what opinions are like - nuff said. Before I forget, you can order the burger by size, 1/4 or 1/2 pound single or double which is a huge plus - (love that). The bun, toppings, ambiance, fantastic attitude, price, etc., were just what you look for when craving a great burger. Kudos to a valiant effort and I hope to have an "unseasoned" burger (if only on the special menu) at BSB one day...
This burger gets an 8.5 on the BC rating scale...
(for me, unseasoned meat would yield 10/10 ratings across this menu)

• Visited November 2013