“Wonderful Flavors”

Good for: Families with children
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
“Wonderful Flavors”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

After attending a party here last year my wife and I mad a couple of trips of our own to dine here and had a great meal each time. The portions are plentiful and bursting with flavor and we haven't had a bad dish yet. The Duck Summer Rolls were delicious and the Vietnamese Salad just the perfect size and taste. My wife is totally in love with their Basa and orders it every time. I usually go for whatever special they have and as of yet have had no complaints on the food. The one area that wan't perfect (Poor to Average I would say) was our waitress seemed a bit aloof and distracted. Her service was sub par for a place with such great food and I would hope she becomes a little more invested in her work since she seemed to spend more time gabbing with another employee in the back of the place then taking care of us. Take out might be the way to go next time.

• Visited August 2012

Englewood, New Jersey
“Fresh and delicious BYOB”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

BYOB, complementatry shrimp crackers and a varied menu make this modest venue a good find. We shared bbq ribs(flavorful and moist) and steamed veggie dumplings (delicate and good balance to the ribs). Lemon grass chicken and Pad Thai were a great combo as well. We skipped the boiled white rice served with the chicken but it would be great to soak up the delicious sauce. While I enjoyed the peanuts in many dishes, peanut allergy people beware...peanuts abound.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Nava1203
Maywood,New Jersey
“Really good”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

just returned from Simply Vietnamese...BYOB which is our favourite.....Food was really good,reasonably priced. It was a Tuesday night (7/3/12),night before a holiday,busy but not unrulely.....Service was good,a bit slow but I do not like being rushed. We had the Pho. "speciality of the house" and it is the 2nd time my husband had this and as good as the first time...This trip I had theBroiled Basa in the a curried coconut milk sauce. had a nice bite but not too hot,served on a bed of napa cabage ( mine was served on on a bed of Bok Choi). Wonderful. We did not need an appitizer nor a desert as we are not huge eaters anymore. I would return again and bring my foodie friends to this resturant. Try it .

• Visited July 2012
Tenafly, New Jersey
“Best in Tenafly”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The food is fresh and fantastic! Very creative dishes...we love this place! BYOB!

Visited June 2012
Tenafly, New Jersey
“We love it!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

WIth very limited restaurant variety in Tenafly, we were thrilled to have this restaurant move here from Englewood. We often ate at their old location which was tiny. The food is always very fresh and flavorful. They have the best edamame around - our kids can't get enough of it. The sound are great as well. Other favorites are the Pad Thai and the French beef salad. It's almost enough to share - always take some home. The only downside is the service. It always feels that they are a server short - especially on the weekends.
Definitely worth a try though and beats the local Chinese places for takeout by a mile.

• Visited June 2012