“Back to High School!!”

Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tenafly
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband went to Tenafly HS, and it was a rather "old" reunion!!! We had a blast. The room was sizable, comfy bed, nice brunch in the a.m., and the staff was most helpful. We stayed there 25 years ago..........and we'll go again, given the chance. Lovely little town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Karen B,
We're happy to hear from you and thank you for choosing the Clinton Inn Hotel while attending your husband's high school reunion. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our accommodations and helpful staff. It's wonderful to hear you had a blast and enjoyed a comfortable stay. We do hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing!

There are newer reviews for Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed at the inn/hotel for three nights when I was in town for a family celebration. Needed to be close to Englewood and really did not have many choices. Hotel public areas are nicely kept. Unfortunately the rooms are more than outdated, small and somewhat dark. The air conditioning is the old floor unit type and definitely not adequate (was tempted to sleep with the door open as the hallway was much cooler). Informed the front desk of the problem and they sent a maintenance person to the room who could only confirm my observation (nothing could be done to make the room any cooler).
Fitness room was fine for hotel of this caliber. Upon checking out, not one of the three people at the front desk asked about my stay - so I prompted them and then provided my feedback (I very much got the sense that they know they have a fairly captive audience and were not too concerned about receiving feedback). Again, if you have to be in the eastern part of Bergen county (Englewood, Tenafly, Demarest, Closter etc.) and it is a relatively short stay then should be fine/adequate.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Solyesh,
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially in identifying ways we can improve our guest experience. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations and deeply regret any inconveniences you experienced as a result. We're glad our location was close in proximity to your family celebration and added convenience travels. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I just got to spend a wonderful week at training in your hotel. I gotta say it was my first time and I wasn't sure what to expect. The first day I had some time and walk around and I must say, it's not what come to mind when you think of New Jersey. It was a nice little town. After I met other people in my class, not going to lie, we spent most nights in the hotel restaurant, Palmer Crossing. The food was good but one of the staff members Kelly Italia really made the trip. Besides being very professional we never had to ask for something twice or wait long for our order. She also gave great recommendations for good shopping and food in the area. Over all I had a great trip and lookfoward seeing you all again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank 935DP
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

935DP,
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay with us at the Clinton Inn Hotel. I’m delighted to hear that your first visit was memorable, and that the excellent service delivered by our staff played a part. I will be certain to share your compliments with Kelly, she will be thrilled to know that her hospitable service had such a positive impact to your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I enjoy staying at the Clinton Inn when visiting family in northern Nj. Location is great. The little town of Tenafly is busy and has much local flair. The hotel service was friendly. The room was quiet and clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included. Price was not the lowest around, but I would have had to travel significantly further back and forth for a cheaper hotel. Restaurant is very good. Bar is a happening place on Fri and Sat nights. Only problem is room availability. Large international tour groups often buy up rooms at the Clinton Inn during tourist season and bus them into NYC. It can be difficult to get a room if you don't book very early.

Room Tip: South and west side facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Wallatom,
We appreciate you choosing the Clinton Inn Hotel while vising family and thank you for writing a review. It’s great to receive feedback on the level of comfort and service you experienced at our hotel. We’re pleased to have had you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I think it's little bit overpriced comparing other 3 stars hotel near Tenafly and 5~10 miles range area. It has nice and cozy restaurant with breakfast served and I liked it.
I used priceline today's deal so I could get a room for $89 all in so I must say it was pretty satisfied deal. Room was clean and water pressure was fantastic the only problem was heating system. I really don't think climate controller does work. I tried to raise room temp but after few hours later there was no change.

Pros:
1. There's a restaurant and party room.
2. Water pressure was good.
3. Breakfast is served

Cons;
1. heating system doesn't work
2. price is bit pricey comparing other 3 star hotel near the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Chris J,
Thank you for writing a review from your visit. We value your feedback and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Our pricing is in line with similar properties in the area and we feel that we offer good value given our location and facilities.

It's unfortunate we did not have an opportunity to intervene more proactively when you encountered a problem with the heating system. We regret the inconveniences you experience and assure you that your comments have been shared with our maintenance staff in order to correct the temperature control issues. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your stay otherwise and we do hope you'll visit us the next time you travel to Tenafly. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Ample parking able to accommodate our 12-passenger van. Restaurant was too expensive for me but we dined nearby. Good number of restaurants nearby and shopping. Not too far from Central Park. Nestled in a quite and cute little town. Reservation system was down when we got there - we had reserved 4 double queens but they only had 3 available so we had to take a king - hard to say no when traveling from Pittsburgh. They accommodated us with a free roll-a-way. Had a few maintenance issues but they were very responsive to the ones we actually called in. Only 3 sets of towels per room. Overall, it was a good hotel for our purposes - mainly just a place to sleep. Beds were very comfortable. Oddly, no express check-out - I had to round up the keys to check out in person.

Room Tip: If you need extra towels, call for it instead of asking for it at the hotel desk. You'll get it...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Elena_R_PGH

Elena_R_PGH,
We appreciate hearing from you and receiving feedback from your stay. We're glad our comfortable beds, ample parking, and great location met your satisfaction. I do apologize that we were unable to fulfill all room type requests at check-in and greatly appreciate your understanding as we try hardest to avoid this situation. Your feedback assists in our mission to continuously improve and we hope you'll return for another visit in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My son's Bar Mitzvah was at the Clinton Inn yesterday. It was amazing. The food and service were top notch. I am so glad I picked the Clinton Inn. Everyone was so helpful. The facility is decorated so nicely. A good party for all! Sharon Beck

• Stayed: March 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

sdmb17,
It’s great to hear from you! We appreciate you choosing the Clinton Inn Hotel for your son’s Bar Mitzvah and thank you for sharing feedback from your experience. We’re pleased to know that the food and service exceeded your expectations and you had a wonderful celebration. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Donna Italia, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tenafly
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park

Been to Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center? Share your experiences!