“Almost great” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Almost great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Smelled smoke in the room and they were to put an ozone machine in when we were gone but did not. They forgot.

The personnel were friendly and very helpful.

Not many great restaurant choices nearby.

It is more of a wedding factory and very busy on the weekends

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Roger H
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
I am very sorry to hear we failed to deliver the ozone machine as requested and deeply disappointed your room had an odor upon arrival. All Marriott Hotels and Resorts in North America are non-smoking, so we do our best to ensure this policy is maintained; however, it is clear we missed identifying this with your particular room. Thank you for the kind words about our "Brilliant Hosts" being friendly and very helpful, as I will be certain to share your feedback with the team. If you would like to review your experiences in further detail, please feel free to contract me at keith.shopnick@marriott.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel is one of the most welcoming hotels I have stayed at. They seem to genuinely care and I thoroughly enjoyed staying there. I have returned and I plan on returning the next time I go to New Jersey. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for providing this feedback and for your continued loyalty to the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe. I have shared your comments with our entire team and we will look forward to seeing you on that next trip to Northern NJ!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel because it was a short drive to Met Life Stadium. However, the next stay will be because this Hotel has an amazing staff of people working there ...they genuinely care about their guests. At check-in, Betsy, greeted us with a smile and accommodated our request for a refrigerator in our room. Although we had some issues with our fridge not working, both Betsy and the manager, Victoria, personally visited our room and brought us a new one. They were both wonderful and even replaced the yogurts that had spoiled...in addition to providing us with free breakfast in the morning , due to the inconvenience we had experienced. I also received a personal note under my door from Betsy apologizing again - Love that personal touch !
On top of this, when my husband became ill, the night crew was so caring and helped my husband get the needed medical attention. Roger and Donovyn were wonderful ! They both signed a card along with the entire night crew and put it under our door sending us well wishes and that they were so glad that my husband was feeling better. Amazing !! I would completely recommend
this hotel. On top of the excellent customer service, the rooms were nice and spacious, the bed was so comfortable, and the food we ate at the hotel was delicious. We will be returning !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Anais E
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
It was a pleasure meeting you in person and once again, I am pleased to hear everything turned out OK with your husband. Your kind words about the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe team are very much appreciated and each of the individuals mentioned have been recognized for their efforts to display such genuine care. We will look forward to seeing you back same time next year, if not even sooner!
Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We reserved 5 rooms for my family from of a larger block that we arranged for guests who were coming from outside the New York area to attend my daughter's wedding in Teaneck. We spoke to and emailed the hotel sales department multiple times over the course of the 6 months leading up to the wedding. We confirmed numerous times that we would have the Executive Suite for 2 nights (even specified in our contract with Marriott). When my wife and daughter arrived the night before the wedding, they were told the Executive Suite had been given to someone else since they were a day late (not what was written in the contract, but my wife didn't have it with her, although at that point we were not going to evict the other people). They were told there were no other rooms available in the hotel, but were then given a room on the conceirge floor.
I arrived the next day and checked in with Reno, the front desk manager. I told him about the problem the night before. We went through each of the other rooms and pre-checked in the other guests. Reno was very professional.
The breakfast we had arranged for our guests the next day went off flawlessly and I must complement the staff person (whose name I do not know) who helped set up the room and made sure everything went off smoothly.
If it weren't for the problem with the Executive Suite I would have rated the Marriott Glenpointe higher. The property is easily accessible from Manhattan, has a very large parking lot, a huge lobby, and nicely appointed rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
First and foremost, Congratulations on the wedding! We are truly sorry to hear of the confusion with the room assignments upon arrival and I have researched further to better understand why this occurred. This is certainly not the way we intended for your celebrations to start and I would welcome the opportunity to express my sincerest apologies in person. I can be reached at keith.shopnick@marriott.com or 201-928-2064. Thank you for allowing us to part of this very special day and I am grateful to know Reno along with our entire Food and Beverage team delivered upon a much improved experience.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Having stayed in many Marriott's over the years, I believe this one has taken customer service initiatives to the next level. The check in was effortless. All employees I came into contact with appeared sincere.
I only stayed 2 nights, and attended a conference on 1 day. The attention to detail in the conference room was good - and buffet food for attendees was excellent.
Technology was extremely good from the audio to the video arrangements making for great presentations in one of the ballrooms.
Great, convenient location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Anne A
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent conference! Our 'Brilliant Hosts' strive to ensure an excellent and productive experience with every event we host. Your comments about our team's genuine guest service initiatives, the quality of food and how the technology made for a great presentation have all been communicated with the respective recognition. We thank you for choosing the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe and look forward to many more visits in the future!
Bethesda, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have stayed at the Glenpointe Marriott several times before this, and will most certainly stay there again. When you consider the fact that it costs at a minimum three times as much to stay anywhere in midtown Manhattan, and the 15 minute trip to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal on the #167 bus (stops right at the hotel) is $4.25 each way ($1.90 for seniors), there is no reason to consider anything more. However, add the fact that the Glenpointe Marriott offers ample open parking in a safe location and accepts AAA on many dates (for further room rate reductions). There are interesting food options locally on Cedar Lane in Teaneck (keeping in mind that most of them are kosher and closed Friday night and during the day on Saturday) as well as recently renovated movie theater. There are numerous shopping in malls in Paramus as well (note that there is no sales tax on clothing in NJ).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Helene R
The Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe provides easy access into NYC with express NJ Transit bus access directly behind the property, while our local area offers many fantastic local options for dining, shopping and exploring. Thank you for highlighting your experiences and I am excited to know you have been able to take full advantage of these sights. Your continued loyalty is very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again!
Elmira, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels, motels, inns etc. over the years. Fromthe USA, Canada, Europe...I must say that once of the most pleasant experiences and stays that I can recall, was my recent stay at your Glenpointe Marriott. From the smiling faces, to the superb meals, everthing was top self..and the cherry on the sundae was the return of my sisters "lost" jacket, right before our departure! The staff accomodated our every need, and we had a large group for breakfast!! Nothing was a problem, and the warmth that everyone exuded was such a pleasant change from the indifference I have experienced lately. Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: our group had rooms on the 8th, 9th, and 14th floor..they were all good!