“Amazing bed!”

Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend getaway to NYC. This Marriott was referred by a friend. I wasn't sure at first but it turned out to be perfect. About 15 minute drive to Manhattan! Never got stuck in traffic! There is also a bus stop right at the hotel if you want to bus into the city. The hotel however is in a pretty quiet area. It's right off the expressway but nothing around or within walking distance. You definitely need a car to stay here.

The hotel itself....

We arrived very early the first day. It was around 10 am. We thought we would check to see if we could check in. To our surprise...we could! We got our room right away! We had a king size bed. The room was huge!! King bed, sofa, chair and desk and chair. All updated. Nice tv. Bathroom was nice. Two wall size floor length mirrors. Giant room for a hotel! The bed and linens and pillows are absolutely amazing! I miss them already!

We did not dine in the hotel. We did have a cocktail one night and it was a little pricey. Beautiful lobby. Very large hotel. We did not call for anything extra or have room service. I have zero complaints! We will definitely be back!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for selecting the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, especially based on the referral you received! I am pleased we lived up to the high expectations and allowed for a great weekend with easy access into NYC! Don't forget, you can always purchase your very own Marriott bedding package by going to shopmarriott.com! We hope to see you back this summer!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Over some number of years I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. Every time I stay there I find it as good or better than the last stay which is saying quite a bit because I have always been more than satisfied. My wife and I were just there this past weekend and as usual were pleased with all aspects of our stay. This particular trip we met Marcos and Kamal at the front desk who went beyond anything anyone could expect to insure our stay was memorable. We felt like they were old friends and we sincerely appreciate their kindness and service and it is because of people like them, as well as, the overall operation of the hotel, that we continue to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank R M

Thank you for providing these additional comments for our entire team to see! We are very fortunate to have amazing associates such as Marcos and Kamal who consistently deliver upon the guest experience. I will ensure they are properly recognized for their efforts to make your stay memorable and we will look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Great staff! I stay here a lot for business and the staff is outstanding they truly make you feel at home. I have been coming here for 16 years and have seen a lot of changes and upgrades this hotel does it right. I highly recommend the Marriott for business or pleasure.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We appreciate your loyalty over the past 16 years and thank you for making the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe your home when away from home. I am pleased to hear your experiences have only improved over time and we will look forward to welcoming you back for many more years to come.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had a job in New Jersey last month and was very impressed by the welcoming feeling and the staff making me feel at home. When we arrived both Ingram and Betsy came out and greeted us and made a big impression, customer service was extraordinaire.

Not only they showed us where everything was but also they pointed out things we needed to do while visiting NJ and New York.

I will definitely will come again and refer your hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I thank you for the kind words about our team! Ingram and Betsy are fantastic examples of how we deliver genuine care with every guest every day! I will ensure they have reviewed your post and will be certain to share this feedback with the entire team!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

One of the best Marriott properties I've stayed at! I'm not sure there's anything more I can add. Really, I stay at Marriott properties nights a month. I highly recommend this hotel. Really. Really. Really!

Room Tip: No thoughts to add. All rooms seems great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

This is a fantastic review! Thank you for the enthusiasm in your comments, as our team gets equally passionate about providing genuine hospitality to every guest every day! We are excited to welcome you back!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

As Marriott Gold level members, we always make it a point to search out Marriott properties when traveling. Our daughter recently moved and we discovered that this Marriott was the closest to where she now lives. It's right off I-80 and very easy to find. In fact, you can't miss it once you exit the interstate.

When we entered, a front desk clerk named Betsy left the desk and greeted us as soon as we got into the lobby. With a smile on her face, she welcomed us. Check in went very smoothly and without us asking, she gave us details such as, for example, the hours of the concierge lounge. We mentioned that we wanted a fridge in our room and she told us that it was already in our room! That, in itself, is very impressive! Even though we have it on our profile that we want a fridge in our room, at some Marriotts, we have to remind them of this when we check in. Only then, do they bring one.

Sure enough, there was a fridge in the room! We were on the 10th floor facing the interstate. This is actually a good thing since on a clear night, you can see the Manhattan skyline in the distance.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. As a personal preference, we prefer a firm mattress. While it wasn't as firm as we like, it was still firmer than what we've found in other hotels. Also, the room was spacious which was a big help as our daughter and her family visited us at the hotel each day.

The bathroom also was spacious which makes moving around very easy. There was plenty of counter space by the sink. The selection of toiletries was more than adequate---shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, hand soap, bar soap, and body wash plus q-tips and cotton balls. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the room clean.

The concierge lounge was very well run. Breakfast was good---cereal, both hot and cold, pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes. Plus there was coffee, orange juice, sodas and bottled water. For later in the evening, there was a selection of alcoholic beverages (I don't know what exactly there was as we didn't partake in any of it). The staff at the concierge lounge was also friendly and very welcoming. It's on the 14th floor and also has the Manhattan skyline view.

On our last day, which was a Saturday, we ate at the hotel restaurant, Pancetta. You can either order breakfast off the menu or go for the buffet. We recommend the buffet as the kitchen was on the slow side when it came to ordering off the menu.

There is also a separate bar in the lobby. Speaking of the lobby---it's very spacious with lots of places to sit.

We would gladly return to this hotel during our future visits! Kudos to the staff here!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, pay extra for an upper floor and ask for a room facing I-80. That w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

It was a pleasure to have you with us! I am pleased to know our location worked out perfectly and our team took great care of you! I will be certain to pass along your comments and appreciate you mentioning Betsy for her efforts to provide a memorable experience along with our Housekeeping team who together have a mission to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel. We hope to see you many more times in the future!

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has guest service down to an art! From the moment I walked through the door I felt like a valued, important guest. All management and staff blend friendly politeness with a proper touch of formality. Staff was always happy and eager to assist. When I asked for directions, a staffer politely walked outside with me to point the way. The staff here go out of their way to make the guest feel welcome and honored.

The hotel is a little old but the rooms are well maintained (though the bathroom showers are showing their age) and the common areas are modern and classy. I loved the far-off views of Manhattan from my 10th floor room. My request for a quiet room was honored and notes upon checkin (high floor, away from elevators, stairwells and ice machines, etc). I enjoyed foot access to nearby walking trails.

I recommend this hotel with no hesitation and would gladly stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing this recommendation and for specifically highlighting some of your interactions with our associates. You are a valued guest of ours and we appreciate you selecting the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe. I will be certain to pass along your kind words to our team and look forward to having you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teaneck
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Best Western Fort Lee
Best Western Fort Lee
#3 of 6 in Fort Lee

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!