“Friendly, great service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly, great service”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have stayed here regularly on business trips to the NJ & NY area over the past 4 years. The hotel is in a great location for my business needs and perfect for trips into NY City of an evening, theres a NJ Transit bus pretty much every 15 minutes to the Port Authority Bus Terminal.
I stayed here during the recent bad weather, honestly the service never faltered and yet the manager wrote to all the guests apologizing for the impact the weather had on the hotel and it's service. There really was no need.
I tend to stay on the Club Levels and have access to the Club Lounge which does a great breakfast in the mornings with views across to NY City.

Room Tip: High rooms at the front of the hotel afford views across to NY City
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
It has been a pleasure to be your home away from home for the past four years and we appreciate your loyalty. I am happy to know our location provides you a balance of work and leisure given the easy access into NYC. I will be certain to share your feedback with the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have stayed at the Marriott at Glenpointe in the past, but not since it has been renovated. I had to stay in Bergen County due to the recent snow and chose the Marriott at Glenpointe. I was glad that I did.

The lobby and restaurant area were recently renovated and looked and smelled new. The Glen Bar is a nice alcove off of the lobby to have a cocktail in, and it too has been upgraded since my last stay.

I was given a room on the fourth floor with two double beds. It was also recently renovated and had new carpet, new bedding, and what seemed like new furniture (except the night stand). The room was large and very comfortable and the bathroom, like the rest of the room, was very clean.

My bed was really comfortable and the room was remarkably quiet. I did not hear noise from outside or even from the hallway, so I slept very well.

Check-in and check-out were quick and all the staff that I encountered were nice.

I wish I could have stayed longed to try the workout facilities and the restaurant , but work called and I was on my way by 8 AM.

The Marriott at Glenpointe in a really nice place to stay in Bergen County. It is minutes from the George Washington Bridge and is a very modern, comfortable place to stay at. Although not a new hotel, the owners have invested lots of money to keep in in "new" condition. I recommend it without any hesitation!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for selecting our hotel during the inclement weather conditions. I am happy to hear you were warm and safe! While our lobby, restaurant and meeting space were recently renovated; we are excited about the upcoming changes to our existing guestrooms. I hope to see you back more frequently and in times of warmer weather.
Flat Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed in the Marriott on business last week. My room was ready when I arrived. It was very clean and comfortable. I requested an upper floor and quiet location. My request was honored. I ate in the hotel and my dinner was good. The Branzzino(sp) fish with lemon butter was very good. The wine list by the glass was fairly priced. I would recommend this hotel for business travel in the Teaneck, NJ area.

Room Tip: See my comments above.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am pleased to learn our team took such great care of you and appreciate these comments! The Branzino is one of our most popular items and a favorite of mine too! We hope to see you back in the near future when our Pancetta team will roll out some exciting new menu options.
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I checked in a few nights ago and was expecting a typical "Marriott experience", especially considering I was just outside NYC where folks are typically so rude. I was in for a nice surprise. Front desk attendant went out of her way to get me a cup of tea; we went into bar together, and she waited while the bartender brought me a cup of tea to go. They offered to get me something to eat, as well, so the bar staff was equally as hospitable. That was the best Chamomile Tea I ever had, and on my way out the next morning, the attendant in the Concierge Lounge gave me several bags after I commented on how delicious it was. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud; it was the best night's sleep I've had in weeks. In fact, I slept through my alarm and missed my workout the next morning, due to how well I was sleeping. I was not able to enjoy the fitness center, which apparently is out of this world. In fact, at least half of the folks in the Concierge Lounge in the morning were just coming from or going to the fitness center, so I was very disappointed that I didn't have time to experience it. My only complaint was some noise. I don't know if my ceiling was thin or it was a night of loud people, but I heard noise from the room above me and again outside my door from the hallway like people were in my room with me. This isn't something the hotel can really control, though, but those were the only thing detracting from a near perfect stay. *note* if driving, double-check directions and plan carefully, because I was unable to access the exit from the lane in which I ended up after the GW Bridge. I had to go down to next exit and double back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
I appreciate your kind words about our Front Desk and Concierge associates! Please know I have shared these great comments to all on our team. I appreciate your detailed account of how they went above and beyond, but do apologize for the inconveniences created with the directions getting to the Teaneck Marriott. If there is anything I can ever assist you with, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014

we are from toronto and have been guests at this wonderful hotel many times......we are always delighted by our stay there.......if you are looking for hotel in and/or around teaneck area look no farther !!!.....service,facilities,rooms and staff amazing

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for the continued loyalty and we will look forward to seeing you next time.
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We have frequented the hotel many times and we are always amazed at the level of service and friendliness of the staff. Great place to getaway just outside of NYC! The hotel has made many updates to its lobby. We are sure there will be more in the future for there rooms. All are comfortable currently.

• Stayed January 2014
Keith S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for the continued loyalty to our Marriott Glenpointe and for acknowledging the teams friendliness, as I will be certain to share your kind words. We are proud of the recent renovations to the lobby along with our meeting space and look forward to changes with our guestrooms in the future. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon!
los angeles
Reviewed January 30, 2014

There is nothing about this hotel you cannot love! Everything is great: the rooms, the staff, the gym, the spa, the room service, the food, the location, the lounge (make sure to ask Elizabeth to make you her version of a Cosmopolitan. Yum!), the restaurant, parking, everything! We have stayed here a few times and each visit has been nothing less than excellent. If I could give more than a 5 point ranking I would. The Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe is a 10 star hotel! Don't bother with any other hotels. We've tried them all and the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe is hands down the best! By the way, we don't travel with kids so I can't rate the "kids activities" category but if it's anything like the rest of the hotel, it'll be great.

Room Tip: Every room we've stayed in has been terrific.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
What an amazing review! Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experiences and I am thrilled to learn of your positive interactions with the team. Elizabeth is a fantastic representative of our hotel! She and each of our associates help us achieve such 10 star results, so it is an honor to work alongside them. We look forward to providing many more outstanding experiences for you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teaneck
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!