“Wonderful property close to the city”

Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very friendly staff (throughtout the property--front desk, restaurant, bar, housekeeping) and easy to get into the city from this location...without paying NYC prices! I highly recommend this Marriott property! Close to Yankee Stadium too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lovetotravel1984

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is overall a nice hotel only a 20 minute drive out of the city which puts it in a good location especially with all the good local shopping near it. The room was nice and clean. I had a terrible experience at check-in but thanks to Jessica the hotels executive assistant my matter was fully resolved in no time and the problem was attended to immediately. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others due to the cleanliness of the hotel and comfort of the room but most especially to Jessica for showing me that she and the hotel executives really care to make the guests fully satisfied with they're stay!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Danaman85
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel twice in two weeks while in the area for business. My first experience was exceptional the second was just as nice except the room was a little less polished.

The first trip I stayed in 617 and the room was perfect, comfortable temperatures, nice mattress, very clean and all the fit and finish were exceptional.

The second trip I stayed on the third floor and the room was in need of a little touch-up. Nothing over the top bad or unpleasant but clearly not as "finished" as the the first room. To top it off when went to take a shower in the morning the tub was still filled with bathwater, I opened the drain and the water drained out, but very slowly. After about 45 minutes it emptied and I was able to use it. I let the front desk know when I checked out and they apologized and seemed genuinely concerned.

The property itself was terrific. The Lobby bar comfortable and good service.

Overall a very nice choice and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stay at a lot of Marriott's and this one is better then most. The hotel overall is clean and the staff is very nice. Will be my choice of Marriott's in this area now. Staff went out of the way to make sure everything was right and held my preferences for future stays. Even follow-up with an email after my first stay.

Room Tip: High floors away from elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I spent two nights here recently for a job training and thought it was a fine hotel. Check in was smooth. The room was clean and had everything I needed. I thought the coffee provided in the room was good. I ate at the restaurant twice and thought the food was nicely prepared. I especially liked the arugula salad and beef tips. The staff was all pleasant, but a waitress at the restaurant as well as a waiter at the lounge were especially friendly. My only complaint is that the housekeeping didn't sweep or vacuum the bathroom and a lot of hair was left on the floor. That was a bit disappointing as everything else was done fairly nicely.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff is amazing here, the location is too. The hotel is very nice. But when you pay over $250 bux a nite after tax, you should get a better matttress! Parking is free, however they charge almost $15 a day for wifi, which is not right. Any typical Courtyard and many roadside inns give that, and with most people having smartphones offering internet anyways, I found it inconvenient and wrong not to get it free. And i also a a Rewards member

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Doug S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Our property is undergoing many changes and one of them is our renovation project that has been on going and we will eventually be replacing all the bedding in every guestroom. We strive so that every stay is comfortable and we hope to continue to do so as these changes continue to approach. I would agree with you that our parking area is complimentary to the great pleasure of our guests. The parking lot is also patrolled by security at all hours.

In terms of the internet charges, as a full service Marriott we are adhering to the Marriott guidelines. Should you become a Gold or Platinum Elite member these services become complimentary. We apologize if this was an inconvenience for you and we will forward your comments to Marriott for consideration.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and duly noted. We hope that upon your return to this area you may consider the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe for your lodging needs.

Doug

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here recently with my 10 month old son while visiting friends in the area. The location is great for access to I-95, I-80 and the George Washington Bridge; there's even an express bus into the city. If you have a car, there's a really nice park (Overpeck) less than a mile away--there's two playgrounds, a dog park, baseball, softball, tennis courts, soccer fields, hiking/biking trail, etc. They recently finished renovating the lobby; they appear to now be starting on the meeting rooms/ballroom. The new style is much more modern.

The rooms: they were fairly large, actually. My room had two double beds and easily fit a pack 'n play crib. The room we were in was long and narrow and my son loved crawling back and forth. We had a view of the city from our window, which was nice. The bathroom was a bit small, but functional. I asked for a minifridge (rooms don't come with them automatically) for my son's food, and it was brought up quickly and it kept things nice and cold. We also had a problem with our toilet, and maintenance took care of it quickly.

I am only giving this place 4 out of 5 because of three reasons: 1) The rooms seemed a bit dated. The carpet was old and stained and the furniture has seen better days. I'm thinking maybe the rooms will be renovated eventually too, in the style of the new lobby. It was still tolerable and nicer than a lot of places, but for a hotel in this price range., I would have expected a little more. 2) The pool/fitness center hours are screwy. You have to use the Glenpointe Spa that is attached to the hotel, which is only open on the weekends from 8am-6pm. Um, I like to work out early or late, so this doesn't work for me. I know the place caters to business people, but most low-end hotels have a fitness center open longer than this. Plus, the pool could only be used with children for a few hours a day. I was in town a few months ago, and deliberately did not stay here because my 3 year old would not have found this acceptable--he'd like a pool in the morning or at night, not from 3pm-5pm 3) The front desk person who checked me in had absolutely no personality. She was at the Elite desk and didn't even greet me as an elite member. I had to ask/remind her of several things (like my crib and fridge) and she didn't even smile at me (or my 10 month old--almost everyone smiles at babies, even strangers on the street).

That being said, if I return to the area without my 3 year old, I'd stay here again. The convenience of its location (less than a mile from my friends' house), and the fact that it has all the services you'd expect at a full service Marriott would convince me to return. Free breakfast would also be nice (of course, it is my own fault I don't quite stay enough nights a year to reach Gold Elite status).

Room Tip: See if you can get a room with a city view; they're much nicer.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you PSUEmily for your feedback on our hotel. We are so glad that you stayed with us and took advantage of our location and proximity to NYC. It really is extremely accessible from the hotel. Overpeck park is also a great attraction that is nearby and its a fun park for everyone.

We are extremely proud of our renovation of our Great Room and we have proceeded to the meeting rooms and we will end our project once the guestrooms are completely renovated. I appreciate you mentioning the fitness/pool hours. They are independently owned and managed and we are able to extend this amenity to our guests. We apologize if this created inconvenience for you.

As far as the desk agent who checked you in; we apologize on her behalf. We emphasize great service to our guests and we have addressed this with the whole team. Her lack of making you feel warm and welcome is not our common practice. Again my apologies on her behalf and we will move forward and make sure that this does not reoccur.

Thank you again for your comments and please come again so that we can have another opportunity to better serve you.

Warm regards,

Doug

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teaneck
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
6 mi away
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus
3 mi away
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meado...
#3 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!