“Just go! You won't be disappointed!”

Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I read all the reviews before I came so I expected nothing but the best. Check in was a breeze, staff very nice. The room was quite large, had a king size bed and sitting area with a couch and coffee table. The bed, the pillows and comforter was very clean and oh so comfortable! The bathroom was very clean as well. I can't say anything about the location because I didn't venture out. The restaurant here looks very appealing but again I can't say because I didn't eat there. Overall this place is awesome!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank misscamperdown
Doug S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is always exciting and reassuring when are guests are pleased with our accomodations. Please join us again; we would be pleased to have you join us at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe.

Kind regards,

Doug S.

There are newer reviews for Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stay here a few times a year for business conferences / meetings. The hotel has been undergoing a long renovation, but its always clean & comfortable. Friendly, professional staff at check in.
Complimentary access to a connected large gym next door is a big plus. The catering food for meetings is above average.

Breakfast service at the restaurant is too slow especially when the restaurant is not crowded.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HowTraveler
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Normally I stay at the Hilton in Hasbrouck Heights, but one of my clients recommended I try the Marriott. When I arrived at the hotel it seemed to be going through some renovations and the entrance was blocked off on one side. Approaching the desk to check in I had the pleasure to have a young lady by the name of Maria assist me. She was very kind and I feel she went above and beyond at check in. Having the room ready, as well as recommending some local places to get some clothes since my luggage was lost in the airport. What I did notice though was that she was alone at the desk and no manager to assist her with other check ins that she had. The room service was fast and had a good selection. The bar seemed a bit dim with the lighting but had great drinks at a reasonable price. At check out I was again assisted by Maria and she remembered who I was and my room number, I appreciated the recognization and look forward to coming to this Marriott again when in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor are the best. Keeps the noise level down as well as having a great view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jerry P
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Girfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at new year. Very clean hotel, rooms were decent, good sized and clean. The restaurant was good too, great booze, average food and service was fine too. Very annoyed that i had to pay for the internet. Close from manhattan either by bus or car/taxi. Next time i'd like to stay in Manhattan btu if not, i'd prolly get back there

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fred m
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The location of this hotel is good if you don't want to stay in the city, the bus is non-stop and very convenient to the Port Authority. The rooms are large, very dated and worn, furnished cheaply. The bathroom is straight from a cheap 1980's era motel room, I recommend you bring your own hairdryer as the one here was probably designed in the 70's. Concierge level rooms are no better than any other room, nothing special, no extra amenities, not even a robe. That said, the service in the concierge lounge is always excellent. Front desk staff is always friendly. The gym is fantastic. The new restaurant downstairs, Pancetta, has great food but they need to work on the service. I have had good service sitting at the tables but avoid sitting in the lounge/bar area if you actually want food or a drink. It is unbelievably slow and they don't really seem to care that you haven't received your food or any service after 40 minutes, this is constant, has been an issue since they opened and it does not seem to have been addressed. I heard many other tables complaining about the service when I was there also, so it's not just me. The housekeeping has declined recently, they don't vacuum your room daily, nor do they change the sheets unless you ask. If they renovate the rooms and improve the service in the restaurant I think it will be nice, for now it's just an ok place to sleep, nothing more.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank a b
Doug S, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe. We appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback about your most recent stay. I did want to mention that we are midway on our grand renovation project and it will continue on to the guestrooms as well. We are very excited to have this happen to this fantastic hotel and we are sure that it will please our guests greatly. As far as the service in the restaurant, Pancetta Regional Kitchen + Wine Bar, we have addressed it with the team and we are diligently working towards faster service. Again thank you for the feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of having you back with us.

Kind regards,

Doug

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked this hotel due to its location and ease of getting to the Manhattan cruise terminal. The hotel was still under renovation when we arrived, and it looked like there was quite a bit more work to be done considering their website said the renovations should have been within days of completion. We had a clean, smoke free room with two double beds which fit our family of four just fine. The restaurant in the main floor was cold, as every time the front door opened a waft of cold air entered the hotel, but the food was good and staff were friendly. There were many security guards roaming the main floor, which I've never seen at a hotel before. Our room was $179 including breakfast for 4, which I found reasonable.
My only complaint was about the pool, which is in an adjacent, attached building. The pool has specific hours for use by children. I can see this being a huge plus for some, but I was really counting on some pool time after driving 9 hours in a snowstorm with two young boys. I would not book this hotel again for this reason, otherwise it was a reasonably priced place to stay before a cruise.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, I liked the place. It's super convienent clean and friendly, nice bar and restaurant even though the lobby was under construction during my visit they did a good job.

However it still shocks me that a place that is charging me $250 a night still makes Internet access and bottle water it's not much but I would gladly trade TV - although I shouldn't have to.

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teaneck
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!