“People are the saving grace”

Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Edinburgh
“People are the saving grace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is the sort of place I shouldn't like. It's marooned beside a highway, so if you don't have a car you are stuck - in the five times I have been here I've only got out once. It is going through a major programme of work - all credit to the management for taking this on, but it's still a pain when things are closed (currently the restaurant, for a few more weeks). And the architecture is.. well... Marriott. But I still seem to come away happy, as many of the staff are great - people who actually go out of their way to sort out problems. And in the end, that's worth something.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tadashii66
Mattlahiff, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
I must say that reading this comment really made me smile. We try each and every day here at the Teaneck Marriott to give the best service possible and make our guests leave satisfied. We all take great pride in the service that we provide and it is a great feeling when our guests recognize our effort. As you stated we are undergoing a restaurant renovation and we know how that can impact a guests' experience. That is why we go above and beyond for our guests. On behalf of our team we appreciate your comments.

Matt Lahiff,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stay at the Teaneck Marriott several times a year while visiting friends in the area. The hotel has an unbeatable location for visiting anyone or anything in the tri-state area. All major expressways are accessible to the hotel....public transportation is also nearby. In recent years the hotel has been booking large groups and I have found it to be a bit noisy at times. The restaurant is currently under construction and the staff has done a nice job of providing a temporary location for serving guests. The hotel is old...build 35 or more years ago..it has had several upgrades but it does seem a bit tired. However, for anyone visitng the area for business or pleasure there simply is no better location than this!!!!!

Room Tip: Concierge levels are quiet!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mattlahiff, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments about the hotel. We appreciate the positive comments as well as the constructive ones. I wanted to update you and the previous reviewer concerning the comments about the hotel appearing tired. We have begun the process of a complete renovation of the property. We are doing this in phases in order to have the leasty amount of dispruption to our guests.

The first phase is to completely renovate and reinvent our restaurant. We anticipate this project to be completed at the end of April at which time we will start work on the remainder of our front desk and lobby area. We will be creating very comfortable social space keeping in theme with the Marriott Great Room concept.

The third and fourth phases will be to completely renovate all of our meeting space and finally the fifth phase will entail all guest rooms. We feel that when this project is complete we will have the best product in the NY/NJ metropolitan area.

We look forward to sharing our transformation with you and the rest of our loyal guests.

Best Regards

Matthew Lahiff
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stay at this property on a regular basis for work. Gym is great for a hotel and service has always been friendly. The rooms are in dire need of updating. Looking tired and worn. Outlets not in user friendly locations. Pillows feel like they are stuffed with straw.Housekeeping has noticeably declined in the last few months so rooms are looking dusty and dingy. Floors don't seem to be vacuumed regularly. Concierge rooms not worth it, no extra amenities such as robes etc and rooms are furnished no differently. Also in need of some other food options. Very boring and limited menu when you are stuck eating there. Would recommend walking, about 20min, or driving, to Amarone restaurant for a decent meal. Summary-has potential but really needs some modernization and more attention to cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank a b
Mattlahiff, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for the constructive comments regarding your stay with us. We certainly take these comments and use them as a tool to better ourselves in an effort to provide the product and service that is expected from our guests. I want to take this opportunity to tell you about some exciting changes that are happening at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe. We are in the final stages of a complete restaurant renovation. When this outlet opens in early May we will feature a new modern menu focusing on creative cuisine and a variety of wines. Shortly after the restaurant opens we will do a complete renovation to the rest of our public space.

Once we complete the public space we will address the guest room renovation. This renovation will be complete with modern furnishings, bathrooms and technology. Although the guest room has not been renovated I feel we do still have a lot to offer with the rooms being some of the largest in the metropolitan New York City area along with all the amenities that our guests expect.

Again, thank you for your comments. We will continue to improve based on your feedback.
Leonia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

There for I have to say ...the worst custmer service ever!!! I will start by saying that we wanted to spend our our wedding night at the Marriot and then go off to our honeymoon. Plus I wanted to spend the night befor my wedding day there and dress up in the room with the bridal party. However the Marriot couldn't couldn't pull through with anything we asked for like ....champagne a fruit platter and silk rose petals on the bed.( That we are bringing) Plus it took us over a month to have them show us the executive suite. I found them all to be very unprofessional and unreliable after telling us that they could accommodate us and then changing there mind when I got home to see the room. When we called to complain about it and speak with hotel manager they kept on giving us a run around with the hotel assistant manager. Which took over 40 minutes to locate a manager. We also found the front desk attendee to be unprofessional and not customer savvy.
We can't believe they have people like this that work at their hotel chain that do not have common courtesy with customer service. However we went down the street to the crown plaza and they right away accommodated us with everything. It was well worth the stay. We will continue to stay there more often. They don't ask they do !!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sophia M
Mattlahiff, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Mr. and Mrs. L

Again I want to reiterate my apology as stated in our telephone conversation on Friday March 2nd. I understand your frustration and we are working diligently to prevent an incident such as yours from happening again. I can assure you that we pride ourselves on customer service and always strive to deliver on this commitment. Unfortunately in your case we fell short of our goals. This is not the norm for us and your comments have already been shared based on the conversation we had last week. Again, on behalf of the entire team at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe we sincerely apologize. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Matthew Lahiff
Lawrence, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

so pleased, spent a night at the marriot glenpoint and the hotel is really beautiful.
the room i had (602) was very large and spotless!
they just redid the decor and i thought it was very tasteful and soothing.
nice new flat screen tv
bathroom was new and cleean.
check in quick and smooth

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I had to stay in Manhattan but the prices were too high.
I chose this hotel. Great stay. Next NYC, very clean with excellent views. New hotel, conservadíssimo, with quick access to NYC. Staff very friendly, efficient and helpful.
This hotel is worth it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrMoreira
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

I'm usually not picky when staying at a hotel and do not demand perfection. For the most part, this hotel was nice. However, there were a couple of things that when you add them up, led to an average stay.

First of all, the parking is free and it looks like the hotel is very convenient to the Meadowlands Sports Complex which is a couple of miles away. When entered the lobby, they had construction on the right, looking like they were renovating a bar or restaurant (not a bad thing), but there was a long line (about 10 deep) to check in. When I got closer to the front of the line, I found out that their system was down and that was causing the backup. I finally get up to the front and the lady is very nice and apologetic about the whole delay. I didn't dawn on my until I got up to my room that I had no idea where the gym was or if there were additional restaurants other than the one in the lobby. Because of my status with Marriott, they usually waive the wireless fee. There was no mention of that on this check in, and when I went to log on, it was $12.95 per day.

A few good things...I ordered room service and the delivery was within 20 minutes and the order was correct. The room was nice and had a large flat screen TV. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean, but the bathtub could use a caulk job.

This hotel failed to deliver on one of my biggest pet peeves. They loaded the coffee basket with all decaffeinated coffee. How hard is it to make sure there is caffeinated coffee mixed in there? Lazy and disappointing.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you need to be in the area, just don't expect perfection.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jrm4013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teaneck
Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area

Been to Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe? Share your experiences!