“Wedding Stay was Ruined!!!!”

Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Teaneck
Leonia
“Wedding Stay was Ruined!!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

There for I have to say ...the worst custmer service ever!!! I will start by saying that we wanted to spend our our wedding night at the Marriot and then go off to our honeymoon. Plus I wanted to spend the night befor my wedding day there and dress up in the room with the bridal party. However the Marriot couldn't couldn't pull through with anything we asked for like ....champagne a fruit platter and silk rose petals on the bed.( That we are bringing) Plus it took us over a month to have them show us the executive suite. I found them all to be very unprofessional and unreliable after telling us that they could accommodate us and then changing there mind when I got home to see the room. When we called to complain about it and speak with hotel manager they kept on giving us a run around with the hotel assistant manager. Which took over 40 minutes to locate a manager. We also found the front desk attendee to be unprofessional and not customer savvy.
We can't believe they have people like this that work at their hotel chain that do not have common courtesy with customer service. However we went down the street to the crown plaza and they right away accommodated us with everything. It was well worth the stay. We will continue to stay there more often. They don't ask they do !!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sophia M
Mattlahiff, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Mr. and Mrs. L

Again I want to reiterate my apology as stated in our telephone conversation on Friday March 2nd. I understand your frustration and we are working diligently to prevent an incident such as yours from happening again. I can assure you that we pride ourselves on customer service and always strive to deliver on this commitment. Unfortunately in your case we fell short of our goals. This is not the norm for us and your comments have already been shared based on the conversation we had last week. Again, on behalf of the entire team at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe we sincerely apologize. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Matthew Lahiff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Lawrence, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2012

so pleased, spent a night at the marriot glenpoint and the hotel is really beautiful.
the room i had (602) was very large and spotless!
they just redid the decor and i thought it was very tasteful and soothing.
nice new flat screen tv
bathroom was new and cleean.
check in quick and smooth

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I had to stay in Manhattan but the prices were too high.
I chose this hotel. Great stay. Next NYC, very clean with excellent views. New hotel, conservadíssimo, with quick access to NYC. Staff very friendly, efficient and helpful.
This hotel is worth it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrMoreira
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I'm usually not picky when staying at a hotel and do not demand perfection. For the most part, this hotel was nice. However, there were a couple of things that when you add them up, led to an average stay.

First of all, the parking is free and it looks like the hotel is very convenient to the Meadowlands Sports Complex which is a couple of miles away. When entered the lobby, they had construction on the right, looking like they were renovating a bar or restaurant (not a bad thing), but there was a long line (about 10 deep) to check in. When I got closer to the front of the line, I found out that their system was down and that was causing the backup. I finally get up to the front and the lady is very nice and apologetic about the whole delay. I didn't dawn on my until I got up to my room that I had no idea where the gym was or if there were additional restaurants other than the one in the lobby. Because of my status with Marriott, they usually waive the wireless fee. There was no mention of that on this check in, and when I went to log on, it was $12.95 per day.

A few good things...I ordered room service and the delivery was within 20 minutes and the order was correct. The room was nice and had a large flat screen TV. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean, but the bathtub could use a caulk job.

This hotel failed to deliver on one of my biggest pet peeves. They loaded the coffee basket with all decaffeinated coffee. How hard is it to make sure there is caffeinated coffee mixed in there? Lazy and disappointing.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you need to be in the area, just don't expect perfection.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jrm4013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I chose this location because it was close to Holy Name Hospital. I have to agree with raop on this hotel. I am a gold member and this was not what i expected. Room looked like any room in an old Holiday Inn. My room was also not the cleanest. Table that held the coffee maker was sticky with cup marks on it, dusty end tables. Same with the plug points, restaurant. The bed was "flat" and not comfortable, seemed old and worn out.
The lounge was the only place open when i would get back to hotel. It's very dark and tables and chairs were uncomfortable and weirdly placed. Tables were low and hard to eat the mediocre, over priced food.
The lobby was vey nice. Big, open, airy, lots of windows and the restaurant looked nice too, but doesn't stay open long enough, forcing you to eat in the"cave" lounge. No place with in walking distance, so you're stuck eating here.
The service was excellent and Randy was especially helpful. However when telling the front desk (Randy wasn't there) about the not so clean room, all i got was a "sorry". I was in room 1409. I didn't feel like a gold member and doubtful I will stay at this location again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank pilotswifecincinnati
Mattlahiff, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
I wanted to personally reach out to apologize for your less than satisfactory experience. I want to assure you that I will certainly address your cleanliness concerns with the executive housekeeper to prevent incidents such as this from happening in the future. I also want to let you know that since you have stayed we have begun to completely renovate and reinvent the restaurant that you spoke about. We intend to have this space reopened by May of this year. If you decide to come back I think you will be pleased with the changes and offerings.

I also want to thank you for the wonderful comments about Randy. I will definitely pass this along as I am sure he will be thrilled to hear that he was personally mentioned.

Again, please accept my apology. I am hopeful that you will give us another opportunity in the future to prove that the issues you had are not indicative of our norm.

Best Regards,

Matthew Lahiff
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors member but had to stay at this Marriott as it was close to my place of business. There is nothing wrong with the hotel but certainly not value for money. For what i was paying i was dissapointed with the rooms..no free internet, no refrigerator or microwave..awkwardly placed plug points. The room cleaning was sub standard and even used water glasses were not washed. There is one restaurant near the lobby with a limited menu. No good restaurants within walking distance so on cold rainy days i had to be content with eating at this restaurant. Will avoid staying at this Marriott

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank raop
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay. I am very disappointed that you had a less than satisfying experience at our hotel. It is always concerning to me to hear that a guest did not enjoy his or her stay. We at the Teaneck Marriott pride ourselves not only our outstanding service; but also our above average hotel room.

I sincerely apologize that you felt that our amenities were lacking. Unfortunately we do not have refrigerators, microwaves, etc. in the rooms, as we are not an extended stay property. I also was very surprised to hear that your glasses were not clean. I along with my Executive Housekeeper have made it a point to address this isolated matter with our team to prevent reoccurance.

Again, I thank you for your feedback and hope that in the future we can have an opportunity to serve you.

Matthew Lahiff,
San Diego, CA
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stayed 4 night during the holidays at this hotel. As most Marriott hotels, this is a nice business hotel. The Gym is a full size gym & spa - very nice! Clean rooms, with great customer service.

Room Tip: Use your AAA card for the best price on Marriott's web site.