Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
$118
CrownePlaza.com
Rodeway Inn Capri(Little Ferry)
$85
$129
Doubletree.com
Skyview Motel(Fort Lee)
$100
All reviewspancettam clubthe concierge loungefitness centergw bridgenew jerseybusiness hotelport authorityroom servicebreakfast buffetnorthern njhigh floornyc arearooms are largebusiness tripvisit nycnj transit bus
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have stayed at over 11 marriotts in past year and this is definitely the worst condition hotel of them all. The rooms are older, musty and muggy. The service was excellent however because the facility is so outdated I would not recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Vatechchef
Mattlahiff, General Manager at Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

First let me thank you for the great comments concerning the service you received at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe. I will certainly share these comments with those that worked hard to provide the service to you. I would also like to apologize to you for your unsatisfactory experience with the guest room. I will pass along the comments about the room being musty to my executive housekeeper. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and this includes them smelling fresh upon your arrival. Unfortuantely I am unable to change your thoughts on the rooms being dated. We did renovate these rooms approximately 3 years ago and we added the flat screen LCD televisions shortly after. These rooms are also slated to undergo a complete renovation again in two years. Hopefully you will give us another try if you are back in the area in the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

We arrived pretty late on a Tuesday night after driving about 5-6 hours. Check-in was quick and efficient, though a brief explanation of available services (Was the pool already closed? Anywhere to get a drink? What's the deal with parking?) would have been helpful.
Half of the main parking lot was closed off for some kind of construction, and the remaining spots were all full. Had to follow a few signs pointing toward a parking garage around the corner and down the block. Would have been nice if the signage was a bit clearer or if the front desk had at least mentioned the deal so I wouldn't have been circling around wondering where it was OK to park.
Lobby was spectacular, spacious, clean and decorated for the holidays. Room was also very clean and well-appointed, with a big flat-screen TV where most of the channels were in true HD quality... but a 1/2 point off for not having a channel list -- spent 10 minutes scrolling through looking for Comedy Central, and never found it -- but they did have more versions of ESPN than I ever knew existed.

Unfortunately, pool was already closed by the time we arrived... a quick dip after a long drive would have been relaxing, but alas, it was not to be. We ordered drinks through room service, as my wife didn't feel like going down to the bar. It was a bit pricey and took awhile, considering we only ordered drinks and no food.

Breakfast was skipped -- the only thing you can get for free is a cup of coffee on the way out the door. Everything else is about $12-14... not bad if you're charging it back to your company, but we were on our own so we found a nearby alternative for breakfast.

This is very easy to get to from Interstate 80/95, and pretty close to the George Washington Bridge. It's a good place to stay if you need to get into NYC, without paying the much higher prices of a place that's actually inside NYC. But this isn't really "near" anything local like chain restaurants. If you want to get food outside of the hotel, you'll want a GPS to direct you -- we had about a 5-10 minute detour to hit Dunkin Donuts before we got back on-track for the bridge.

Only "major" complaint I had was it was tough to sleep. There are 2 pillows per person on the bed. One is small and smushy, and the other is pretty big and firm. Neither extreme was good alone, and combined was even worse. Thankfully, we were assigned a room with 2 beds, so after the 2nd time I got up in the middle of the night, I grabbed one of the extra smaller pillows. That last 90 minutes of sleep were the most restful of the entire night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pnaw10
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This was my 3rd visit to this hotel in 2 years in order to attend meetings or conventions held at the hotel. The physical plant remains quite pleasant. The lobby is expansive. The hallways are spacious but quiet. The sleeping rooms have modern decor, good cable TV and are clean.The staff is courteous. The restaurant food and catered meals are satisfying. The room rates are reasonable for the proximity to NYC.

The only drawback is that the Marriott at Glenpointe is close to everything but far from anything. The ride to NYC or Newark Airport is only 15-20 minutes but can cost $60+ by cab. There is nothing within walking distance. If you want to go to anywhere in the surrounding area you need a car. The NJ Transit bus stop is next to the hotel in order to ride to NYC.

The Marriott at Glenpointe is a great place to stay if your destination is the hotel. This hotel exceeds expectations for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were here for a kids hockey tournament along with a few other teams. We had our own bus to get to the nearby rink and also into the city each day. The hotel was great value for the price which is less than we often pay for lesser hotels. Staff was helpful although we found the breakfast buffet to be unremarkable and poor value. If you want dining options there isn't much nearby.
The NY Jets also stayed one night during our stay and the hotel's way of dealing with the rest of the guests is rather oppressive - most guests don't care who these guys are and should not be treated as 2nd class citizens when they are walking thru the hotel.
Proximity to NYC was key for us and the city bus service is very good. All in all the trip was very enjoyable in all respects and the hotel was a big part of that.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2011

All the amenities and class of a nice hotel but not near the airport if you're stuck in traffic. Took over an hour to get there.
Noticed it was not a kid friendly place even though I had no kids with me...was there on business.
There was no headache pills at front desk and was told I had to go to CVS a couple blocks up the hill to get some.
Other than that, very nice...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business