“Excellent! And I'm not a vegetarian.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Veggie Heaven
Ranked #3 of 122 Restaurants in Teaneck
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“Excellent! And I'm not a vegetarian.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

had dinner here last night and it was fantastic. the food was fresh and tasty and the service was very friendly. would have never known the "chicken" wasn't chicken! i actually preferred it to our regular chinese restaurant.
enjoy.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelCuties

New Jersey
“A Vegan Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I wish we ate here sooner and lived closer! As vegans, my husband and I find that there is rarely more than 1 or 2 choices on a menu for us...but at Veggie Heaven there are several pages to choose from! The food was excellent and the portions were larger then I expected. We had the scallion pancake appetizer (excellent and enough to share), the crispy tofu (perfectly cooked) and the mongolian beef (delicious). We also had a order of vegetable fried rice and our meals came with a choice of soup (we had the won ton and it was great). My non-vegan kids enjoyed the lo mein and said the Phoenix roll (faux crab and faux shrimp) was better then the real thing! We even brought food home. I read some online reviews that said the service was slow and the decor was tacky. Our server was attentive and even though the restaurant was packed, I did not find the service to be slow or lacking in any manner. I am glad the reviews on the decor did not keep me away!

Visited March 2013
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, United States
“Veggin out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The place brings a very creative approach to a vegan menu.Dishes are flavorful and well presented.Service was o.k.The decor was outdated.Needs a facelift.Prices are good and plenty of seating..Desserts are great.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
“One of my favorite Vege Havens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a "must eat at restaurant" if you like great food. They do not use any animal based products but a wide variety of unique plant based analogs. While most of the items are Asian in theme, they always have other nationality "Chef" specials. I have eaten here dozens of times over 12 years, when I am in the area on business and have never had a bad meal. Veggie Heaven is not a fancy over priced niche restaurant. This is a family run local place that is dedicated to serving good food that is animal free. If you need atmosphere there are plenty of overpriced "Vegie" restaurants around but the food will not compare.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Be aware!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place is nothing compared to the denville location. We came here because it was closer BUT were taking the further trip next time! This place looks it used to be a buffet place once and they bought it out and didn't remodel at all. Went to bathroom and saw cans if Raid on the counter by the bathrooms!!! Wth!! At least hide them! Place is very outdated and dingy as someone else put it on another review. Hostess is rude, and we didn't have a set waiter. Every plate was brought out by a different person. Paid for check at counter and the hostess had the never to ask if we left tip since we didn't put one on the receipt...?? Really??? Again, she is as rude as they come! we are never coming back to this location and won't recommend it to anybody either.....
Dont get me wrong, food was good but the whole atmosphere turned me off and couldnt enjoy my dinner....

• 1 of 5 bubbles