“Nice restaurant, but never buy a groupon for this restaurant.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rose Persian Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 125 Restaurants in Teaneck
Cuisines: Persian
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I purchased a groupon for $60 worth of food and they had higher prices for Groupon Customers. My entree had a regular price of $12 and I was charged $19.50 because I had a groupon. My friend's entree had a regular price of $14 and they also charged $19.50 for the entree. The appetizer was also priced higher because of the groupon.
The purpose of having a Groupon is to test out a new place at a promotional price, but this wasn't the case. I wish someone would've put this on a review because I would've never purchased the groupon.
The server was really nice and the food was good also.

4  Thank Yudeca

Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you find yourself in Teaneck I would strongly recommend a visit to Rose. The kebabs are all quite good. I love the lamb shank. The atmosphere is very nice and appealing, it is quite comfortable. I have had the same server both times I have been and she was attentive, polite and quick to help or explain how to traditionally eat or serve yourself a dish. I enjoy foods from all corners of the world and I';m not scared to just did in, but I often prefer to ask how to eat a dish according to where is originates. I can rarely remember anyhow from one style of cuisine to the next, but the staff is friendly and thoughtful in explaining how to best enjoy any dish. Rose is BYOB and will happily cork the bottle for you, but I suggest a nice tea after dinner and if you can manage to save room try a traditional desert. The menu can keep both vegetarians and carnivores pleased and I am already eager to return and try more dishes on their menu. I hope this helps you and that you will be as pleased as I continue to be.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was there about a week ago. I have to say that I liked the service and the restaurant. The server brought me a nice home made bread with delicious yogurt. Liked the services very much, not so much the food. Prices were high compare to the portions. I ordered Sultani kebab. The filet kabob was very delicious, how ever the ground lamb+beef kebab could have been more flavorful. The rice was in a small portion compared to the kabob and had to order extra.
I also ordered some appetizers. I went with a combination of three appetizers. I had Mirza Ghasemi, Dolmeh and Hummus. Portions were too small. Dolmeh was kind of like the ones you get in a can. It was certainly not the authentic Persian Dolmeh. Mirza Ghasemi had too much tomatos in it and not the balance of flavors I was hoping for. Hummus..well...its hummus.
Overall, the food is ok, but too pricey for the portion.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We arrived on time for our reservation only to find that the table promised to us was already occupied by the only other diners in the restaurant. I had the lamb shank with basmati rice, both of which were overcooked and dry. My husband's lamb chop kabob was overly salted and undercooked, well short of the medium well preparation that he requested. The grape leaves appetizer was tasty as was the baclava. The ambience was good at our early seating but late diners around 8:00 changed the quiet atmosphere.

1  Thank Humdingeroo