“Enjoyable dining in the Pines”
Review of Tabernacle Inn

Tabernacle Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Tabernacle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Marlton, New Jersey
“Enjoyable dining in the Pines”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

There are not many choices for dining in this neck of the Pines. There's the Pic-A-Lilli down the road - great wings great if you drive a pick-up truck or motorcycle; the Shamong Diner, which is pretty good for a diner; but for something like a Valentines dinner, it's nice to see the Tabernacle Inn back open. For years (seven?) we would drive by while it was closed, still in immaculate condition, wondering if it would ever open again. Finally, it has returned.

My wife and I stopped in for dinner on Valentines Day - our first time here. Although it had reopened just a few months earlier, it appeared that the opening kinks had been ironed out. We arrived ahead of our reservation, and enjoyed a drink at the bar. The service was excellent. Our waitress, Lacy, was superb. She was very friendly and accommodating, familiar with the menu and specials, and had the rare ability to know just when to stop by to see if we needed anything without being overbearing. How nice to see a waitress in such a pleasant mood and skilled at her job.

The food was above average. My steak was done to perfection (which is not easy when you order a steak close to well done), and my wife enjoyed her fish dinner. The ambiance was pleasant, and they had live music (forget their name, but they were very good, and the female had an amazing voice). The sound level was not overbearing. The price was about average for quality restaurant.

Before making reservations, I checked Tripadvisor and another site, and the reviews were mixed. I decided that the negative reviews were from when they had just opened back in December, and took a chance. Both my wife and I were very happy with the Tabernacle Inn, and will certainly make return visits.

• Visited February 2013

“Exactly what you would expect in a cultural abyss.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Food, atmosphere, service... meh... Exactly what I expect in a restaurant in this part of South Jersey. If you're looking for something different and new, it aint here. Steak was not seasoned nor was my partners burger, as bland and dead inside as the manager who seated us... He seemed as over this place as we were.

4 Thank Petekresson
Tabernacle, New Jersey
“So glad to have a restaurant back in town! Give it a chance!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been here several times since it has opened and all times our experience has been fine. I wasn't expecting culinary perfection but the negative reviews did not give it a fair chance, our service was good, attentive, and friendly and our food was good. They have a varied menu and you can get anything from a burger to blackened tuna, which was quite delicious. The restaurant is such a welcoming change from having a vacant closed building for years in our town. There is a quite nice fully stocked bar, with pub tables and entertainment on the weekends and a small packaged goods shop, that is a bonus. In this economy if everyone gives it one chance we can keep it from closing again. I have no stock in this restaurant ,just a resident. Haha

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ebbief
“Glad we went!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I had been looking for a new restaurant in the area and remembered seeing the sign that the Inn was open again. I did see two negative reviews on another site but decided to check it out anyway. We were greeted at the door and seated immediately. Our waiter was on us in less than two minutes. They have a very large menu as well as a wine list and pleanty of both bottled and draft beers. We ordered the mussles with marinara sauce for an appitizer. It was served relatively quick and was very tasty. We both ordered the steak, prepared two different ways. Both steaks were delivered as ordered, very good and, in decent portions. They also have a nice bar with approximately 30 or so seats and offer carryout. All in all a very pleasant visit. Nice atmosphere, good food and good service. A little steep on the entree' prices but still a nice place to dine. Oh by the way, it is a casuaI type of restaurant, you can dress up or dress casual. I was also told they are in the process of developing a web-site and will be having a grand opening soon.

• Visited February 2013