“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Swedesboro
New Jersey
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed February 6, 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Select Bridgeport to spend some quality time withe my girlfriend (time away from everyone). We were upgraded to the Suite for the night which was great. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had the jets inside of it and were very clean. The room was clean. It had a sitting area, microwave and refrigerator.

That night i took her to dinner in the restaurant. The restaurant staff were excellent making sure we had everything we needed but not pushy as to feel you weren't able to enjoy your meal. The food was amazing. Nothing was overcooked or undercooked and tasted great.

The bar was very nice. They provide entertainment for the guests on Friday and Saturday night which is nice. The pool is indoor and open until 10pm which is nice. Very clean and always stocked with towels.

At check-in and check-out, the front desk staff were very friendly, professional and efficient. They made us feel at home. They made sure that everything was to our liking. They even made a phone call to our room after we checked in to welcome us and to let us know that if they could do anything to please let them know.

• Liked — the staff - they were there to make me feel like family and not just another guest
  • Disliked — there was nothing i didn't like
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank redneckboy38

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bridgeport, NJ
Reviewed January 3, 2008

I moved from Bridgeport, NJ to VA. I go home once a month to see my family and mostly my grandson. I had promised my grandson that we would stay at the Holiday Inn once so he could swim, play in the arcade and jump on the beds. We have decided that we will be staying there everytime we go back to NJ.

The rooms are always clean, the staff is always pleasant, the food is great and they offer something for kids and adults.

It is well worth the price to see my grandson have fun and then we can go back to our clean and comfortable room and feel safe.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

• Liked — It's clean, safe and lots to do.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank hillman59
Massachusetts
Reviewed April 17, 2007

I want to preface this review by saying that it is 9:00 am and I am having a surge of anger towards the Holiday Inn Select in Bridgeport,
NJ. I am sitting in my hotel room after just being told "this is a corporate hotel and most people are awake by 8:00am" when I have complained two times in the last hour about the construction happening to the room beside me and then directly outside the room itself. I am on vacation and decided to stay at this Holiday Inn because of its great amenities. A kidney shaped pool with attached jacuzzi, a game room complete with air hockey, a beautiful sunken lobby bar with comfy chairs. This Holiday Inn Select does have a lot of things going for it. The food is not bad and the rooms are quite clean. However, it is obviously in need of updating and it seems as if they have decided that between the hours of 7:45 and 8:45 in the morning is the best time to get the updating done. Perhaps they could
have chosen between 12 pm and 3pm when guests are checked out? I understand that hotels like this one cater to a "corporate" audience,
but nowhere on the signs when entering the hotel yesterday did they indicate that my stay and comfort did not matter as much as the people staying for corporate functions. I am extremely disappointed and also tired. I think the hotel has nice amenities, but they need to rethink their public relations.

• Liked — lobby bar and game room
  • Disliked — staff attitude and need to upgrade- seemed really nice "back in the day", but could update
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swedesboro
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Swedesboro Philadelphia
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Crowne Plaza Wilmington North
Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington

Been to Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro? Share your experiences!