“Holiday Inn Swedesboro”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Swedesboro
Suffolk, Virginia
“Holiday Inn Swedesboro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Holiday Inn in Swedesboro is very nice. It is very up to date and modern as of May 2013. They have a bar inside that is beautiful and very accommodating, along with a restaurant and if you join the rewards program you can get 25% off your meal. There are 4 floors and you can look down over the bar from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor. Very pretty. They have an exercise room with tv and towels. In the room they have exercise machines and free weights. They also have a nicely landscaped pool, but it was closed in May so I didn't get a chance to use it. I arrived early and the front desk was able to accommodate my early arrival.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank snnoopy
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Snnoopy,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Philadlephia South Swedesboro. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Good news, our outdoor pool will be opening for the season this weekend. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to stay with us when it is open. Again thank you for the nice comments and we hope to see you again in the future.

Dana Gilliam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The room in this facility is above average, and the service is great. Call ahead if you want to eat here. The restaurant hours, according to the gal at info desk, is only opened when there are a minimum number of guests registered.
Internet disconnects so often that it is a terrible nuisance. Computer goes to sleep; log in again- and again!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Jack B,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I will be sure to share your feedback with our staff. I do apologize for the restaurant issue that you encountered. We do serve breakfast and dinner daily along with cocktails and appetizers at the Bar.

We hope to see you again in the future. Please contact me personally dgilliam@guestlinx.com if I can be of assistance. Again, thank you.

Lake City, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

This Holiday Inn is typical of most I've stayed in over the past few years, on the older side with a nice looking lobby, but outdated everything else. Certain areas of the hotel had a musty odor that I'm guessing was coming from the carpets. New carpeting, fresh paint and perhaps new doors on the rooms would go a long ways here. The wallpaper in the bathroom has that 1970's feel to it. The closet bi-fold door made this horrible creaking noise when opening and closing. I did not have any issues with bathtub drainage or anything that would have made me change rooms though.

I asked for a quiet room upon check-in as I would be working different shifts during my two week stay and the front desk staff found me one despite checking in around noon. The hospitality and friendly service are great. Swedesboro doesn't have a whole lot of eating options, so I did eat dinner twice in the restaurant. The food was good and Priority Club members get a nice discount to boot.

The wireless internet connection was all over the place in terms of connectivity and speed. It seemed to get a little better towards the end of my stay, but the first week I had a few choice words while trying to get virtually any page to load. If you need a reliable connection for business or whatever, just a heads up as you may also have some frustrations. If you like sports, I have never seen a hotel's satellite/cable system offer MLB Extra, NFL Network, NHL Center Ice, NBA TV along with several ESPN choices. I thought this was pretty neat.

The beds are comfortable and it was nice having two dressers as some locations give you just one that's very small. I take along two big suitcases on each trip and storage space is a must. Housekeeping keeps things pretty clean although I did notice a trail of mud coming from the elevator leading into the lobby a couple of times. The fitness center is small and the musty old smell could gross you out when you walk in. I had to prepare myself for it each day I used it.

Overall I'd like to give this HI a 4 rating, but the feeling I got simply walking down the hallways, I just couldn't justify it. The rooms aren't much better. Space wise they're decent, but this is one of the most outdated Holiday Inns I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: 4th floor on the end away from the interstate is pretty quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Pinlifter,
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Swedesboro. We are glad we had the opportunity to have you for a guest for 2 weeks. Good news, we will be upadating our carpets and some other areas of the hotel in the near future. Thank you for the kind words about our hospitality and friendly service, I will be sure to share with everyone. It nice to know that great guests like you take notice. I do apologize for the internet connection issues that you had at the begining of your stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

We like this Holiday Inn. Convenient to Philadelphia and Wilmington, Delaware about 30-45 minutes drive but yet less congested with traffic and crowd. We checked in there during the most quiet time in the hotel. We were so excited about it because we feel we were there by ourselves. Our room was clean and big with flat TV. The shower and sink faucet though are cheap, the water pressure was perfect. The lobby is big and open. The grounds was well maintained. We will be happy to get a good night sleep at this Holiday Inn location. Because of our excitement, we forgot to take pictures but we certainly would do the next time. Thank you for making our stay safe and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mai-ImIt
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Our staff prides themselves on making sure our guests, (and our little furry guests) have a safe, clean and comfortable stay. I will be sure to share with everyone your comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the Future. Thank you.
burlington, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Love this hotel and the lobby. Staff is so friendly and welcoming. Cleanest hotel and so comfortable. Great breakfast too. Can't say enough about this place. Love it and stay there every time we are in town

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear JP,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia South Swedesboro. Our goal is to give great customer service to all of our guests and it looks like our efforts made your stay great! I will be sure to pass on the great comments to our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you

Jamesburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have no powet at home due to Sandy. So we made a reservation for a couple of nights. The hotel clerk was.so nice. The cleaning staff were so sweet don't know the name of the two.wonderful women who took care of us Sunday Nov. 4th. But both of them were great people

• Stayed November 2012
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Cathy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review about the Holiday Inn Philadelphia South Swedesboro. I wish your stay with us was under different circumstances, but I am glad you were safe from Sandy and we took care of you. I will be sure to look into who was working and let them know how much you appreciated the service you were given. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to serving you in the future (hopefully under different circumstances).
National Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Swedesboro for a reunion. It was a very nice overnight stay. I very quick and friendly check in. The room was very nice. Clean & comfortable. They have a very nice lounge and loby area. The food that was served for the reunion was very good. How ever we had their breakfast buffet in the morning. That was expensive. The food cold & not very good. Would recomend staying here if in the area. Just avoid the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Joe,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We are pleased that you had a nice overnight stay and enjoyed your reunion. However, I am concerned about your experience with our breakfast buffet. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvienience and if there is anything I can do for you please contact me at 856-467-3322 ext. 510 or dgilliam@guestlinx.com.
Dana Gilliam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swedesboro
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
TownePlace Suites Swedesboro Philadelphia
BEST WESTERN Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Crowne Plaza Wilmington North
Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington

Been to Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro? Share your experiences!