“They allow pets and don't have specific pet rooms.”

Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Swedesboro
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“They allow pets and don't have specific pet rooms.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

You need to avoid this place if you have pet allergies. There are no specific pet rooms. Any and all rooms could have had a dog in it prior to your stay.
I'm also not a fan of going to a "nice" hotel and seeing a bunch of dogs walking around. I also find it gross that who knows how many dogs slept in my bed before me.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Yngwie
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Yngwie,
Thank you for your recent review on our hotel. We are located near a huge facility called Dream Park of Glucester County. You must have stayed here when they were having one of their shows. Yes we do allow crated dogs in our hotel, and I assure you that every room that is registered with a pet is put out of order when they check out, and deep cleaned, including shampooing the rugs and all bedding.

Hopefully you can consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. Again, thank you for your review.

Dana Gilliam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I got this on Priceline so its fine. If I would have paid full price, here is what I would have expected:
(1) an air conditioner that didn't sound like a jet engine when it turned on
(2) newer furniture- the carpet, walls and bedding were updated as well as the tv, but the furniture looks like it's from the '70's, including the chair in the corner.
(3) the pillows could be a little bigger or there could have been more of them

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank JMalmsteen
Hi JMalmsteen,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Philadlephia South Swedesboro. We appreciate your feedback from your stay with us. We are in the midst of upadating our property and I am glad that you noticed we have all new flat screen TV's, bedding and carpet. We are getting alll HD channels as well.

I am concerned that you had an issue with your HVAC unit. If you could contact me personally to let me know which room you were in, I would greatly appreciate it. I sincerely apologize for that. In regards to the pillows, we do have a pillow menu with all different choices. Next time you are with us, we would be more than happy to send up more pillows for you.

Again thank you for your review. I look forward to hearing from you in regards to your stay.

856-467-3322
dgilliam@guestlinx.com
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This review is for my stay Sat Aug 18th, 2012. Uneventful. Haven't stayed here since the indoor pool was here. Forgot my trunks so no pool this time. The bar atmosphere was a great experience. I forgot the barmaid's name but she was superb. I had a late breakfast buffet just prior to closing. Food was still good. Remember to identify yourself as a priority club member - it's worth it.

Room Tip: Call ahead with any questions prior to arrival. Ask for rooms away from the freight train side; the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Twinreg1,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Philadelphia South Swedesboro. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for the kind words in reagrds to our bartender. I made sure our Food and Beverage Manager let her know. Thank you for being a loyal priority club member. We appreciate your business. We look forward to accomodating you next time you are in the area. Again, thank you for your review.

North Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel could use some attention, bit of a musty smell in the halls. Room was OK, clean. In house food was average. Overall a true "C". Next time back I will stay at the Hampton next door. Holiday Inn is just not what it use to be. Close to Philly at least.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear SLP18111,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. It is through constructive criticism that we are able to improve on any shortcomings that we may have.

Secondly I would like to sincerely apologize for the disappointment you had during your stay. We strive to make all guests experience an "A" and I apologize that we fell short of your expectations.

We take every review seriously and upon an in depth inspection of our hallways, we were unable to find any sources for the "musty" smell that you have encountered. This may have just been an isolated experience.

I was actually surprised to hear that our food was just average. As you can see from previous reviews, alot of our guests enjoy our food. We are sorry that our food was not up to your expecations.

Again thank you for your review. I hope you can reconsider staying with us next time you are in the area and give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

All the Best,

Director
Haverhill, MA
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here recently while visiting friends in the area and found it to be a quiet location yet convenient to Philadelphia's historic sites. If you are looking to visit Philly but don't want to stay in town I would recommend it. The pool was great in the july heat as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Hi Sherri,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feeback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so happy you had a chance to utilize our outdoor pool, it has been a hot summer. We look forward to you being our guest again in the future. Again, thank you.
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This place is great. The pool was quite nice and the lobby is really cool. The bartender was super friendly and it was great to get some snacks at the salad bar. Breakfast was great, rooms were comfortable, and service was excellent. Great location for Cowtown Rodeo and Friendly Tavern line dancing bar!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Sam M
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Hi Sam,
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Philadelphia South Swedesboro. We appreciate the kind words. I will make sure to share your review with our staff, they are dedicated to providing the best customer service and they will be happy to hear you had a great stay. We look forward to your next stay when you visit cowtown. Thank you

Swedesboro, New Jersey
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Staff were very Friendly, Partially updated rooms were nice, Elevators are clunky and slow.
The lounge in the lobby has good eats,overall a good experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Ronstar911,

I would like to thank you on your recent review of the Holiday Inn Philadlephia South Swedesboro.We strive to ensure great customer service and I will share the nice comments to our staff. I am glad that you enjoyed our food in the lounge. Our Chef is excellent! We are in the process of impoving our property, we did just get all new Flat Screen TVs and we have many more things to come. We hope you chose us next time for your accomodations when you are in the area. Thankyou

Dana Gilliam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swedesboro
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Swedesboro Philadelphia
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Hampton Inn Pennsville
Hampton Inn Pennsville
#2 of 4 in Pennsville

Been to Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro? Share your experiences!