“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Swedesboro
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here recently while visiting friends in the area and found it to be a quiet location yet convenient to Philadelphia's historic sites. If you are looking to visit Philly but don't want to stay in town I would recommend it. The pool was great in the july heat as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HISwedesboro, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Hi Sherri,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feeback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so happy you had a chance to utilize our outdoor pool, it has been a hot summer. We look forward to you being our guest again in the future. Again, thank you.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This place is great. The pool was quite nice and the lobby is really cool. The bartender was super friendly and it was great to get some snacks at the salad bar. Breakfast was great, rooms were comfortable, and service was excellent. Great location for Cowtown Rodeo and Friendly Tavern line dancing bar!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sam M
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Hi Sam,
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Philadelphia South Swedesboro. We appreciate the kind words. I will make sure to share your review with our staff, they are dedicated to providing the best customer service and they will be happy to hear you had a great stay. We look forward to your next stay when you visit cowtown. Thank you

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Staff were very Friendly, Partially updated rooms were nice, Elevators are clunky and slow.
The lounge in the lobby has good eats,overall a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Ronstar911,

I would like to thank you on your recent review of the Holiday Inn Philadlephia South Swedesboro.We strive to ensure great customer service and I will share the nice comments to our staff. I am glad that you enjoyed our food in the lounge. Our Chef is excellent! We are in the process of impoving our property, we did just get all new Flat Screen TVs and we have many more things to come. We hope you chose us next time for your accomodations when you are in the area. Thankyou

Reviewed May 19, 2012

We just had our wedding at the Holiday Inn and I can't say one bad thing about the experience. From the beginning Christina Perry (wedding coordinator) steered us in the right direction anytime we got stuck on an idea. Her experience with local vendors was an huge asset. The entire banquet staff was on top of every detail & provided us and our guests with extra special treatment (to the 9's). It was great to see that my wife's ideas were pulled off exactly as she had imagined it.

The food presentation & taste was top notch. I was able to speak to the executive chef Dominic and he provided great ideas to compliment the choices we made. I am a food connoisseur and I asked a few people at the wedding as well and everyone I spoke to said the same thing...filet mignon was cooked to perfection & the flounder was savory. Even the accompanying vegetables were cooked all dente, not mushy one bit. The kitchen staff nailed it!! Even the bar service was excellent with everyone having a good time with the open bar & no one getting out of control as we had also requested.

We had a lot of people stay at the hotel after the wedding and we met for the morning brunch/buffet. The food once again was great & Sara (restaurant manager) did a great job of keeping up with the drips & drabs of people working their way down at different times. Not to mention I had advised them that 25 people would be coming down & it was more like 35.

All in all the experience on this once in a lifetime day was...a once in a lifetime experience. I will definitely be visiting them again for random dining experiences & maybe even stay a night to get away from the grind even though I only live a few minutes away. GREAT JOB GUYS, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE HOW SPECIAL YOU MADE OUR DAY!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sal5512
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Trenee at the desk and Sally at the bar are wonderful, always helpful and smiling. Love this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great stay - very friendly and courteous staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Parking was plentiful. However, the lobby smelled like vomit. It wasn't overpowering, but noticeable. To the point where, at breakfast time, I went out with the kids in search of somewhere else to eat. However, we found NOTHING within a 10 mile radius. So we went back to the hotel and had their (not free) buffet breakfast. Food was ok - typical hotel breakfast buffet. And the smell wasn't too bad over by the restaurant. I would stay again, just walk quickly through the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I always check the reviews before visiting a hotel. Clearly the negative reviews for this hotel should be removed. Now if you look at my reviews you can see I stay at many hotels.

This hotel has the BEST beds I have ever slipped into. Kudos to whom ever picked out the bedding. The room I received was very clean and spacious and to top it off it had a jacuzzi tub!!

I will tell all my friends about this hotel, an I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swedesboro
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Swedesboro Logan Township
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Hampton Inn Pennsville
Hampton Inn Pennsville
#2 of 4 in Pennsville
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point

Been to Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro? Share your experiences!