“All I could have imagined it to be and more!!”

Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Swedesboro
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We just had our wedding at the Holiday Inn and I can't say one bad thing about the experience. From the beginning Christina Perry (wedding coordinator) steered us in the right direction anytime we got stuck on an idea. Her experience with local vendors was an huge asset. The entire banquet staff was on top of every detail & provided us and our guests with extra special treatment (to the 9's). It was great to see that my wife's ideas were pulled off exactly as she had imagined it.

The food presentation & taste was top notch. I was able to speak to the executive chef Dominic and he provided great ideas to compliment the choices we made. I am a food connoisseur and I asked a few people at the wedding as well and everyone I spoke to said the same thing...filet mignon was cooked to perfection & the flounder was savory. Even the accompanying vegetables were cooked all dente, not mushy one bit. The kitchen staff nailed it!! Even the bar service was excellent with everyone having a good time with the open bar & no one getting out of control as we had also requested.

We had a lot of people stay at the hotel after the wedding and we met for the morning brunch/buffet. The food once again was great & Sara (restaurant manager) did a great job of keeping up with the drips & drabs of people working their way down at different times. Not to mention I had advised them that 25 people would be coming down & it was more like 35.

All in all the experience on this once in a lifetime day was...a once in a lifetime experience. I will definitely be visiting them again for random dining experiences & maybe even stay a night to get away from the grind even though I only live a few minutes away. GREAT JOB GUYS, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE HOW SPECIAL YOU MADE OUR DAY!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sal5512

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Trenee at the desk and Sally at the bar are wonderful, always helpful and smiling. Love this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great stay - very friendly and courteous staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Parking was plentiful. However, the lobby smelled like vomit. It wasn't overpowering, but noticeable. To the point where, at breakfast time, I went out with the kids in search of somewhere else to eat. However, we found NOTHING within a 10 mile radius. So we went back to the hotel and had their (not free) buffet breakfast. Food was ok - typical hotel breakfast buffet. And the smell wasn't too bad over by the restaurant. I would stay again, just walk quickly through the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I always check the reviews before visiting a hotel. Clearly the negative reviews for this hotel should be removed. Now if you look at my reviews you can see I stay at many hotels.

This hotel has the BEST beds I have ever slipped into. Kudos to whom ever picked out the bedding. The room I received was very clean and spacious and to top it off it had a jacuzzi tub!!

I will tell all my friends about this hotel, an I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed here on business a couple of weeks ago. Have stayed here many times each Mar.

Checkin: I'm a Priority Platinum Member - was given a king non-smoking - was not recognised as Platinum member - clerk did not tell me no upgrades available - parking lot wasn't 1/2 full. No welcome treat (water, snack) in the room. The second day I went up to the front desk, told the same clerk who checked me in I was a platinum member, were there any upgrades? Why yes - put me in a 4th fl rm with a fridge and welcome snack.

Elevators: think of "The Shining" - THE S L O W E S T, creaky-est, wobbly ones - same as last year. In fact, I thought elevator was stuck because didn't feel wobbling. Maybe I was - who knows? I do know it was faster to take the stairs.

Room: Same old tube TVs (in both standard and upgrade rooms). A/C under the window rumbled (actually woke me up the first night). Bath faucet leaked. Clean though.

Gym: nice machines - the 2nd best part of the stay.

Restaurant/Bar: The bar is a gem. The main reason I stay here is the bar. It's the ONLY bar I've found open past 10 and the ONLY one in the area serving food until 10. And it's nice knowing you can get a nightcap after an evening out with your client to settle down before retiring. Also, they give priority club members a discount.

However besides the hotel restaurant, not much else close by - the best is a place called Rodes Fireside Grill.

Conclusion: A tired old full-service hotel in need of a intensive renovation.

Room Tip: Ask if the TV's are still older than you are
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Regman2all,

I was disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us. While you noted the room cleanliness, gym & restaurant/bar of the hotel as being positives, I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and will use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I ended up having to stay here because the Hampton inn next door was completely booked. It really needs to be updated. When you walk in, it opens up to a nice lounge and restaurant. There is plenty of conference room space. The staff is extremely friendly. I got a free drink coupon for happy hour at the bar. It is really unfortunate that the elevators are old, constantly smell like oil and grease, and take forever to go up and down. The carpets need to be replaced, the walls need to be painted, and the decor needs to be changed. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The gym is actually nicer than the Hampton next door, I used it every night I was there. They have an outdoor pool. There was no fan in the bathroom and the heat/air is controlled on the unit manually. There was no fridge in the room which was a disappointment to a business traveler. There was not a 'pantry' down in the lobby so I had to go to the wawa for water, soda and snacks. Overall, I would stay here again if it was the only option...since the Hampton and this hotel are the only ones in the area. The food options are somewhat limited unless you want to drive the 30 + minutes to Philly. There are a few fast food options, Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's, mcdonalds. There is an Apple bees , a couple Chinese places, sandwich shops. In swedesboro there is a few other Italian restaurants.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Friendly front desk staff, check in was easy.Room was comfortable. Continental breakfast would have been great

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swedesboro
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Swedesboro Logan Township
9 mi away
Hampton Inn Pennsville
Hampton Inn Pennsville
#2 of 4 in Pennsville

Been to Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro? Share your experiences!