“Wedding and reception held at Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Swedesboro
Pennsville
“Wedding and reception held at Holiday Inn”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We had my son and daughter in laws wedding and reception at the Holiday Inn and I could not have asked for anything better. Christine Perry (the host at the Holiday Inn for the event) was absolutely wonderful and accomading to all of our needs. What a great person for the job. If I ever have to have another big event, it will be held at the Holiday Inn. Alot of us reserved rooms and they kept the public bar open for us. Then we sat in the bar area until 4 am talking. I could not have asked for a better arrangement. It all went well without a glitch and my son and new daughter will forever remember their special day. The beds are also very comfortable. Probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel. Thank you Holiday Inn in Swedesboro for making our special day, so much more special.

Room Tip: Try getting a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
morganville NJ
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Was attending an event at Dream Park that had listed a special rate in advance. As bad weather came on, called the hotel the day of the event and even though they had a wedding reception going on they accepted my room request at the advance purchase rate.
King size room was spotless, but could have used mouthwash in the bathroom to go with all the free coffee. Dog friendly, at least for this weekend (dog event at Dream Park) and didn't hear dogs in other rooms thru the walls. Multiple elevators in center cluster.
Restaurant in the building. Had been to the restaurant many times, never stayed here. Restaurant is odd in that its usually not open, you sit at the comfy bar and order food there. Oddly they brought out one order at a time even though six of us were dining.
Other minor complaints: outside door didn't have a card swipe option, you had to prop it open. Bad smell on back side of motel (walking to front since the door in back couldn't be opened from the outside). TV remote a bit cumbersome to just plain get to the channels past all the pay movie, game and service options...the first time. Could have done more to melt snow/ice especially with the other guests in wedding outfits.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
swedesboro nj
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I am a frequent traveler. I have lived in Swedesboro NJ all of my life and have known that the Holiday Inn "Select" Bridgeport was more pricey than a Holiday Inn Express or hotels in the Philadelphia area. I booked a room on Christmas day for an amazing price of $92.00 (normally the range is between $100.00 - $139.00). For this "Select" price my room DID NOT HAVE a microwave (found at Red Roof Inn) or a refrigerator (found at Best Western). I am very disappointed in the "quality" of a "Select" Holiday Inn establishment. I have learned that "Select" means SELECT ANOTHER HOTEL TO STAY INN!!! Make the 10 mile drive to a hotel by the Philadelphia Area!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
National Park, New Jersey
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for my wife's High school reunion. I very nice place. With a very nice room. Very clean and comfortable. Nice amenities. We had good service and an on site resturant that serves an excelant Brunch. Easy on and off the Interstate. Plenty of parking and meeting rooms. for a fair price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2010

This hotel is tired, old, and smelled like motor oil in the elevator and hallways the weekend we were there. The next evening at home my husband, not being one to complain, asked me if we had anything he could put on his bug bites! Yikes! I looked at his legs and saw that his lower legs and ankles are covered with fierce llooking red bites. As a Priority Club member, I called to report the bites. The manager called me back and took offense- insisted he checked the bed and saw no infestation- he invited me to come back and look for myself! Like I would drive another 3 hours to go see? I have stayed at many Holiday Inns and NEVER had a problem before. I am more irritated with the rudeness and lack of people skills of the manager on duty than the bug bites themselves.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LindaSue37
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Take my advice, stay across the way at the Hampton. This Holiday Inn is So tired and worn out. I've been here 3 nights and am still waiting to see if housekeeping vacuums the giant dead moth in the corner on the floor.

The ONLY positives were the bed, the instant hot water and the sheets.

Cons: not one working ice machine in the halls, no flat screens, dirty/worn-out carpeting in the elevators. Pool under construction (empty) all summer. You want fast internet? forget it.

I went across the street to the Hampton and checked it out. Pool, clean everything, modern appointments!

Check out my photos

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed May 19, 2010

This is an older Holiday Inn, but you can tell the staff works to make the most of it. There is a game room, and a nice pool table. The lobby can hold an aircraft carrier, with both a large sunken restaurant, and a raised bar full of couches. Teh front desk is not clearly visible on entry, but its around the corner to the left. My room (234) was decently appointed with a desk and chair, sofabed, coffee table, king bed with nice linens and both soft and firm pillows and a large bath. The TV is not a flat panel, and I would guess the room was last refitted 4 or more years ago. The room is clean, and fairly quiet. A couple of interesting points: the Hampton Inn next door sits directly between the HI and the Verizon cell tower across the 295 interchange. Once you walk to the corner of the property, you get 5 bars, but in the parking lot or in the room, you get dropped calls. Also, the hotel restaurant closes between lunch and dinner. The hotel is strangely full weeknights too, but I was able to extend my stay an additional night on Thursday. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CaptainCoffey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swedesboro
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Swedesboro Philadelphia
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Bridgeport
Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Hampton Inn Pennsville
Hampton Inn Pennsville
#2 of 4 in Pennsville

Been to Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro? Share your experiences!