“still dont get it!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stopped by on Friday March 15th. Half empty at 7:30, that’s GREAT for me. Waitress very nice. Good start so far. Ordered an extra dirty martini Gray Goose, Gin and tonic Tangeray Rampour gin. Well of course no Rampour, ok just run of the mill (not special) Tangeray with two limes please (to make up for the missing rampour). Then the drinks arrive after an extended time considering the lack of a crowd. The g&t was perfect. The martini got lost somewhere in translation. It was an extra dry not extra dirty. The problem was fixed with a good dirty martini that came just as I finished my drink. The martini was good. Now apps, Na! It just did not have anything at $13 and $15 that spoke to me. Already tried a few and well kind of different but just ok that was different but do desire to order that again. On to the main course. Again nothing was reaching out thought about the black sea bass or the NY strip but just could not feel it. No specials were mentioned and well the vibe was dead. So we skipped on food. I had drink "2 and left. Someone made mention about high-end bar and selection of draft beer. That must not get out or have very simple taste. No Chimay, no Rampour gin no krackin no Cruzan rum the same stuff at any sports bar and a lot less then most when it came to beer in general. Again the supposed valy parking is just annoying. It’s just a simple bar with a high priced snob menu. The fireplace is nice but empty. This bar needs PERSONALITY weather it is the owner or the employees but it has NONE. All fluff and no substance.

2  Thank ron c

Reviewed March 19, 2013

After a wonderful dining experience here, we returned with friends and they were THRILLED. This restaurant is top notch. The food and service is superb. Well worth a trip to Swedesboro, NJ. The menu is consistently outstanding and the all of the staffmembers go out of their way to make the dining experience memorable.

Our friends agree and you will too.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've lived in the area for 15 yrs and there has never been anything like Tavro around here before. It's a bit of the city right here in town. It's my first time since the change over and I loved it! The food was delicious and very eclectic. Drinks were great! The service was wonderful. The only problem I can see is that these yokels just might not get it. We're talking a town where chicken wings and a miller lite is fine dining. But I TOTALLY get it! Loved it. Fun, hip, great different food in a cool, comfortable environment. Will DEF be back!

1  Thank LeeLeeNowhere_NJ
Reviewed February 26, 2013

For your foodie friends Tavro 13 is a must. This was my third meal at Tavro. The wine list is small but well selected and the bar cocktails are inventive and fun. As for the quality and execution of the food for the price, it cannot be beat; it is an incredible value. I had the chestnut soup which was amazing and the cod with brandade was my favorite. In a previous visit I brought my parents for sunday brunch, again, great inventive dishes and amazing value (even thought they paid)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were excited to see the new Tavro 13 and are local to this restaurant. The design is eclectic with 3 distinct spaces on the first floor. They also have a small outdoor back patio with a fireplace that looks like a nice place to hangout in good weather. The service was good with a knowledgeable waitress. I was a little disappointed in the wine list but Im pretty picky when it comes to that and its a new restaurant. We had quite a few selections from a fairly limited menu.
For apps we had the mushroom soup, the garden and winter salads, raw oysters, and the two pastas. The apps were good, cooked right, and tasty. The entrees included the hanger steak/short rib, the capon, and duck. The highlight was the capon preparation that was moist, seasoned well and delicious. They beef combo was good too and the duck was maybe not as much of a smoked taste as I enjoy. The deserts including the flour less chocolate cake and panna cotta were good as was the gelato selections. Overall we enjoyed everything, the service, atmosphere, and food and will return again to this very good restaurant.

1  Thank Jonathan B