“Great Condition”

Sand Barrens Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Swainton
More attraction details
Owner description: Sand is the name of the game at this 55,000-square-foot course.
Avalon, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Condition”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Played here last week and you can see the improvement. Greens, fairway and rough were in great shape. I heard last year was tough but so far it seems the course has made a great comeback.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank CapeGolfer22

Warrington
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Poor Greens”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The greens were in terrible shape for a $90 greens fee. The starter said that it was because of the weather, but another nearby course was in much better shape and the fee was similar. We will never golf at this course again. Even the grass that was cut down had a lot of crabgrass-- just total lack of care. It was very disappointing to use a vacation day at this course.

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Should be in better condition”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice golf course, that's not too difficult. Course is in serious need of improvement. Way too many spots are burned out. Everyone very friendly.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Course was in just OK shape for $105. Greens were very slow. very little water on the course and the temp was over 90. When I told them that they should have more water their response was that "people complained about that the day before also". not exactly the most customer friendly response I would have expected.

Wilmington, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“1 man ruined my day”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I played Sand Barrens on July 4th, the greens fee with cart was $105. The greeter in the pro shop was friendly and promptly assisted me. The started was great, gave us a good idea of what to expect from the course.
Where the experience started going downhill was on the fourth hole. I make a mistake; I drove past the cart do not pass sign, I realized just a second too late and was 5 feet past the sign. I quickly stopped and went 90 degrees across to the cart path.
This is when the grounds keeper began to yell at me “Don’t you see the sign? You gotta be kidding me!” I quickly apologized and he continued to berate me. I kept my cool and tried to continue the hole. At my next shot he stood in front of me with his arms crossed while I chunked my shot. This man clearly wanted to embarrass me in front of my friends.
At the end of the day the course was not in good shape, it was not worth the $105 dollars. I cancelled all of my future tee times here. I am a paying customer and even though I made a mistake which I am sorry for, I do not deserve to be addressed as I was.

6 Thank Tadow164

Been to Sand Barrens Golf Club? Share your experiences!