“When in doubt, go to the Sussex!”
Review of Sussex Inn

Sussex Inn
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Sussex
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: (973) 875-3000
Description: (973) 875-3000
Reviewed April 14, 2012

There is something about the Sussex Inn that I love and we go there quite often. The burgers are great as is all the food that I've tried. Our grandsons love to go there also as they generally have huge portions. The decor is very soothing and at Christmas time the place is beautiful. Drinks are fine and service is okay but you may have to wait around the dinner hours.

1  Thank HILDA S V
There are newer reviews for Sussex Inn

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I have eaten lunch at the Sussex Inn twice, and would say the food is average, the atmosphere dark, dank, and very dreary. Local boozers inhabit the bar, as you might expect. Burgers are good-but how badly can you screw up a burger? The meatball sandwich was OK, nothing great. What's disquieting are the tenants who live upstairs; a menagerie of poor street people and hard luck cases. No offense to these folks, but I prefer not to patronize the Sussex Inn.

1  Thank DrumBob
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Delicious food for a good price! Enjoy a coze booth with my love.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I was just here recently and I rant and rave regularly about this place to my friends. Last time we were there we sat outside, which was fine (I prefer the inside) and were told the beer list. To my horror, the beer list was the WORST I have ever heard. There was nothing good on tap whatsoever. I was mortified. As people who like good beer, I was immediately disappointed that I even bothered to go there.

My calzone was OK, albeit overloaded with garlic, and his salmon looked alright. The menu items are pricey for the experience, really -- the inside and outside are sort of old and run down, though it is a historic building. I'm honestly more disappointed with the beer list than anything else, as I don't remember such crappy selections. I have no qualms with the food. I think the inside of this place is gorgeous and I like that they have an extensive menu... but seriously guys, get something better on tap.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

After being rained out at the Sussex Fair, we decided to stop here on the way home ( 5 adults and 4 children) Great setting and the food was out of this world. I ordered a steak sandwich, that was pretty much the size of Texas. After a couple of pitchers of beer, with the gratuity added in, our bill was a little over $100. 9 entrees and alcohol, under $100!!!! Def will go back again.

Been to Sussex Inn? Share your experiences!