“Love this place!”

Space Farms Zoo & Museum
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Sussex
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I visited Space Farms with my 3 and 5 year old boys and my parents this past week. The ride up was beautiful, lots of winding scenic roads and farmland. Once we got to Space Farms the staff was very welcoming and helpful! While the boys enjoyed the zoo, my parents had a great time in the museum. They really have a surprisingly large collection of items from early American history, all tucked away in unassuming barns. If you’re a car/motorcycle lover, I’d definitely recommend taking a trip up! Great for younger kids because of the size. Large enough to spend a whole day there but small enough to walk the whole zoo without getting too cranky!

1  Thank Amyw87
in 7 reviews
"on display"
"worth the trip"

Reviewed October 29, 2010

This was the most depressing place I've ever been!! The big cat paced psychotically,they had the area where sheep live surroundeed by a wolf habitat!! How cruel and unusual is that? The enclosures were dirty, there was no water in the bowls, never again! Even my 6 year old left quiet and depressed, asking to not go there again!

8  Thank eileenm1966
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We visited early October 2010. This zoo is perfect for small children. It is a small zoo and doesn't take much time to navigate. My 1 and 2 year old were content and enjoyed being able to feed the animals. The zoo is clean and staff are friendly. This is a place on plan on visiting yearly until my kids are old enough for The Bronx Zoo.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

I don't understand what these people are talking about. I went to Space Farms and thought they were wonderful. All the animals had access to grass. They all had water. I work as a Veterinary Technician and was happy to see that a lot of the animals had the concrete areas. These areas are great for feeding as they can be disinfected very easily. All the animals appeared to be in wonderful physical condition and health. I had a wonderful time and plan on going back with my cousin and her two small children.

2  Thank Jen_fredon_nj
See more reviews
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My family & I have been visiting Space Farms for a long time...ever since my eldest was very small& sheis now 17 years old. We find the zoo tobe very enjoyable. I don't understand all the hoopla about how the animals are kept. Lori & her family own & run the zoo and have seen first hand the care & love that is given to the animals. Lori herself is very loving & caring towards all the animal& has become a MOMMA to lots of them.
I personally thank her & her family for having the zoo because I would rather see the animals getting the care they deserve than being killed in the wild. I could not do what they do at Space Farms. So before people judge,put yourself in their shoes & see if You could give all these animals YOUR love & total amount of time that they all do. If not....be quiet & let those of us that enjoy the Zoo & Museum & lessons on how animals live,breed & survive.
There is a saying"If you can't say anything nice,don't say anything".
Thank You Space Farms forall you do for the wildlife!!!!! The Kolakowski Family, Linden,NJ

4  Thank hotmommy10