“Worst food in LBI”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
new jersey
“Worst food in LBI”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We ate there 4 years ago before kids haven't been back since today. Our memories of great seafood and great service were destroyed. The food was horrible absolutely horrible and the service was garbage. We ordered clams on the half shell, the clams were bad & the basil cream sauce on the dinner I ordered was watered down canned Alfredo there was no basil nothing. Please don't go to the lobster claw. Oh I'm still waiting for my iced tea refill.

• Visited July 2012

Marlton, New Jersey
“Takeout”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have only sat down in the restaurant section of the Lobster Claw once, which was one summer ago. There was a small wait that night but it did not bother me. They were out of muscles when we tried to order, this was the only down side. The meals that we ordered were good portions. I had stuffed flounder and my husband had a blackened swordfish with crab meat on top. I do think the ambiance could be better. The dinning area seemed out dated.
We do get takeout when we are on LBI from the Lobster Claw instead of sitting in the dinning room. The food orders are done quickly for the most part. The longest I had to wait was about 35 minutes. One year we ordered about five lobsters which were ready for use when we picked up our food. I was informed that I could order a day ahead for takeout orders if I wanted they for a certain time or to set aside a large amount of lobsters. That was helpful. I would recommend getting takeout if you do not want to cook and want some seafood.

• Visited July 2011
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Great Seafood, Not so Great Service”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The seafood entrees at the Lobster Claw are very good. Side dishes and salads leave a bit to be desired - instant mashed potatoes and wilted salads. Service is more suited to a diner - quite brusque.

Brick, New Jersey
“Don't bother eating here”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Over priced and out of several items on the menu, such as root beer soda and lemonade, really? No Manhattan Clam Chowder? When our salads came, a majority of the lettuce was bad, mind you what was not bad was a nice mixture of lettuce, such as arugula chicory etc. The cucumber wasabi dressing was great but that was probably the only thing worth talking about as far as good food. The broiled scallops I ordered were over cooked but I got a large portion of them. My husband had the "special' blackened grouper and daughter had stuffed shrimp. Hubby had stomach problems all night long. service was good, but not great. Asked for tartar sauce and extra butter and it came while I was half way through meal. Decor is out dated. If you are thinking of eating here, don't bother. My family was sadly disappointed. I was hoping for a nice seafood dinner for mother's day

• Visited May 2012
Philadelphia
“Out of Lobster!!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

4 friends and I made a reservation and went to dinner here on Saturday at 7:30 PM. We all went because we wanted whole lobsters. After they seated us and opened our wine and brought us bread they informed us they were totally out of live lobsters. They said the owner hadn't ordered enough. I can live with the poor planning but why didn't they warn us before we were seated. I think a restaurant named Lobster Claw with a giant lobster on their building should tell guests when they're out of lobster! We had some overpriced previously frozen lobster tails instead. They were of poor quality.

• Visited September 2011