“Savor the experience”

A Little Bite of Italy
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Surf City
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Full Service Italian Gourmet Deli and French Restaurant. Full Service Catering Available On or Off Premises, Deli & Restaurant Take Out, Homemade Pizza, Calzones, etc. Available
Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you want a quick, family meal forget about this place. If you want a romantic, intimate
experience with delightful cuisine, please call for a reservation. My boyfriend and I are regulars and we look forward to our dates at Little Bite. The owner and his wife take the time to visit with each table even when the place is filled to capacity. We take our time reading the menu and listen to the specials. Debra will answer any questions you have about the ingredients or how each dish is prepared and we appreciate that. It is still amazing to me that such a lovely place exists on our small island. I recommend the escargot. And the smoked salmon salad. The veal medallions are delectable and the pasta is homemade and tender. Don't miss the lamb shanks. Make room for homemade dessert. Made by Francis, a French trained pastry chef. These people put their hearts and souls into this restaurant and it shows. A little Bite of Italy is certainly not right for everyone. But if you want a continental dining experience. This is it.

There are newer reviews for A Little Bite of Italy

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a 7:15 reservation for 4 adults and one child. It's a three staff show at this restaurant from what I understand it is the owner and two additional servers/bus staff, a total of nine tables in the restaurant. This was our second time at this restaurant, I had bad service the first time not as poor as last night but it was poor the first time as well but the food was really good so I wanted to give it a second chance thinking maybe they had issues the first time. Well this was definately worse, 50 minutes after they opened our wine, I had to ask the server if somone could tell us the specials and take our order, I had my 7 year old with us and he was hungry but he is use to going out to dinner and I know they serve three courses so I wasn't worried. But now it's almost an hour into our arrival and nothing. So once he told us the specials we ordered because I was worried that it would take us another hour to get our food. Well it did take more then an hour, our food arrived at 9:30 and we received our dessert at 10:00 p.m. meanwhile several tables were complaining about not receiving their food and checks. The one women looks like she's on some serious drugs, some kind of uppers, her mannerism are screaming drugs. She almost spilled hot coffee on my son. So I was extremely annoyed 45 minutes into our meal and it was a very bizzarr feeling being in this restaurant watching the owner and this other women staff walk around in circles. The owner never once came to our table to ask us how our meal or anything was she completely ignored us the whole time. I felt bad for the gentelmen waiter, he was the only one keeping it together. I don't know what is going on at this restaurant, it's a shame because the food is very good and different, but the atmosphere and service is horrible..... I would never return. I have never left such a poor tip in my life I always tip 20 to 25% having been on the other side myself, I understand that circumstances happen but this was beyond the twilight zone......It's a shame because the food is different but the dining experience is definitely not to be desired!!

9  Thank rchecchio
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just went there to get some lunch meat from the deli. The women who I assume is the manager was so rude, I left feeling absolutely terrible. I had two daughters with me, 2 and 4 years old, and while I was waiting for the order my 4 year old asked to go to the bathroom. I asked the women if we could use their restroom (they have a restaurant attached to the deli) and in a very cold way she said "We don't have a public restroom here". So my 4 year old had to wait while that b@&* was looking at her. Than my 2 year old opened the door for the people who were coming into the restaurant and after they came in the door didn't close all the way in. The next thing I hear is the rude demand "Close the door!"
Horrible!!! Absolutely horrible to treat people this way. Ironically, when I went on their website, their logo is " You'll be treated here like a family!"
If you want to have a relaxing vacation with nice customer service, stay away from this place! Not worse it. There are many other Italian places to go to.

6  Thank Olgastar7
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Chef Francis comes out of kitchen to ensure we enjoyed our dinner and desserts. While it was pleasurable to hear his French accent, his food is amazing. This is great for something upscale and different. Bring your best wine to pair your dinner. Try there teardrop dessert ...YUM!,,
I had a lobster in a thin pastry that was out of this world. Everything is freshly cooked so it will take time to get your order in this small cozy little back room restaurant.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Fresh, fresh, fresh. When I want a crispy, handmade pizza on LBI, I stop here. Even the sausage is freshly made. The cannolis, pies, and other sweets are especially good too.